Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
    Hi Mike,

Yes, Wiki is one of my first stops, too. It's let me down only a couple of times, once for Jeremy Brett. It's pretty good.

Cel
    Hi Celeste and all,

I have been continuing my additions to Wikipedia. These include "The Pimlico
    Mystery" (Adelaide Bartlett), Sir Charles Warren (a reference to my article on Sir Charles with a site regarding the Ripperologist), Neill Cream (with reference to the article in Ripper Notes), Lord Rosebery, Dr. Edward Palmer,
    Chancellor John Lansing of New York (who vanished in 1829), and several others.

And there is more to come.

Jeff

Comment

• Morning all, severe weather, storm and flood warnings and family business has kept me busy the last two days. Were still on high alert but today for the first time in ages the sun is out, although parts of the sky are looking grey!

I have been busy transcribing newspaper reports from all of the Hull Newspapers in 1888 which has kept me very busy, and I have also recently discovered 3 previously unseen "Jack the Ripper" letters. One of which was published in Ripperologist under "Hull Ripper Scares 1888-1988" but the other two are closely guarded secrets.

Yesterday "The Russian Bigfoot" documentary was on twice, both times I caught snippets as we were busy moving a lot of gear upstairs, but what I saw was interesting. I remember seeing a similar documentary when I lived at home in the late 90's.

There was also a Loch Ness documentary on, but again, I caught only snippets.

We have a couple of alleged Big Cats around Hull, one of which is at Ganstead, just East of Hull. It's a little village with a golf course and farm land and not much else. I often walk along the disused railway lines along here and on several occassions have done so at night, but have never seen nor heard anything.

North of Hull is the North York Moors and home to several "Black Dogs", but again, although I have spent a great deal of time in this area have yet to see anything.

The day I give up looking, is the day I will find them!
      Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi MIke,

So you're saying that these 2 letters were in the Hull paper but never in other papers? How interesting. Were they sent to the paper? Sorry, I shouldn't ask too much until you're ready to do something with them.

Good luck with it.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Make that three letters!!

One was solely sent to and reported in one Hull Newspaper. The other two were sent elsewhere and reported in one Hull Newspaper.
          I have confirmation from Wales that the Welsh letter was reported in one of the Welsh newspapers.
          I am still looking into the third.
          Regards Mike

Comment

• Oops, I misinterpreted what you said.

1 was sent to and reported in a Hull paper
            2 were reported in the Hull paper
            The same 2 went elsewhere: 1 was reported in a Welsh paper
            1 as yet unknown.

I understand.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• That's correct, and it's all very exciting.

In other news,

There was an early morning UFO sighting in Hull last week.
              The observer claimed the thing looked like a giant mushroom, with no appendeges, motors or any noise. It hovered under the clouds before moving off at speed.

The sighting was reported on the local radio during a talk show and several other people claimed to have seen it, sadly the jokes followed and the show was cut short!
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Yea, that's one of the bad things about jokes.

Comment

• Someone joked the Venusians had departed for home after the school holidays!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Yes, some people see UFOs after eating certain types of mushrooms.

I did see one shaped like a pear once - seriously.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Well, they do say being pear-shaped is healthier than being apple-shaped.

Comment

• Most of the stuff we see around Hull look like Cabbages!

I tried having an intelligent debate about life elsewhere, on the Hull Daily Mail website and was suprised that most people, whilst not entirely open to it, had great views. Then the nutters showed up!

Anyway, busy day today. After having the cardiology appointment cancelled 8 times so far this year, its finally happening today! I will be seen at 11 o'clock, which means in the world of NHS about 4!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Our local ghost hunter is Rob Conover. Have you ever heard of him?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan, no I have not heard of him, but what a name!!

I have been busy this week with a client who has had bad things going on in her property. A builder came to the house recently and poured scorn over the stories, he died of a sudden heart attack in the house!

We have a gentleman going on Friday to give a full blessing and house clearance, but will not be conducting an investigation. Some matters are just too sensitive, and my heart is not that strong at the minute.

I had some tests on Monday, and after the tests I was told I would have to wait for more tests, the slip arrived this morning, and I cannot be seen until March next year!

I got the new Andy McNab book this morning, and shall read it this week, it's a true account of life in 7 Troop SAS.
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Conover is supposed to be making a TV pilot but I'm not sure for which network. I think he has a book out too.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I just "Googled" him stan and found some stuff on him, which I will read later. It's a growing industry and there are a lot of people in it for the wrong reasons, but he seem's like a nice genuine chap in it for his passion.

Unlike some of the undesirable people I have crossed paths with in Hull over the years! One such person had the cheek to go on the Hull Daily Mail website and slate me! He chose the wrong site, as I am well liked and respected on there, plus I have friends and family on there too!

His comments were deleted in seconds!
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X