No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came across a selection of more books on UFO's, Earth Mysteries and Ancient Astronauts today! So many I doubt I would have time to list them, so here is a photo of my bookcase, complete with horror figures and masks!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Mike, I'm just curious - when you consider ghost do you believe they are only linked to the site that they are sensed in or do you think they are part of a vaster afterlife. I guess it is an unusual question, but it has crossed my mind at times.

Jeff

Comment

• Jeff, I have wondered the same thing. It seems there is a whole otherworld that touches on ours and often intersects, like the circles in a Venn diagram.

Best,

Cel
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Morning all, thats an interesting question, but one which I have looked at myself, and I will explain why.

Some years ago my wife and I saw my grandfather, in our house, it was a property that was never visited by him, and yet he was there.

I think spirit can attach itself to a person, place and in some cases an item, which explains some of the weirder stories I have recieved over the years!

(One person saw a wolf in spirit form in the upstairs of his house)
          Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi all,
            My boyfriend lived in a flat that was beside the Thames and the power lines were level with his lounge window,both on this side of the Thames and over on the Essex side of the river.So we had all four elements.The hallway was level to the window.He had an open plan lounge and if all doors were open,you could see right through and have a full view of the hall.The hall became some sort of Stargate,and we had some very strange experiences there,to put it mildly.Very spooky indeed.

Comment

• Hi Anna, hope your well.
              High Electromagnetic fields (EMF in the trade) can cause the feeling of being watched, dizzyness and light headed feelings. These are some of the symptoms reported by witnesses to alleged paranormal sightings.
              It is thought by some that most experiences can be explained by high EMF, and I always carry an EMF detector in conjunction with a Current detector. This way I can rule out wiring or junction boxes causing experiences.
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,
                Trust you and the family Covell are well,also.I worry about you,and that heart of yours!...you have made me a happy woman by the way,having shown your bookcases on another thread.I have compalints about my one overloaded bookcase,so much,so..I'm now hiding books behind the setee!!!!
                Back to the thread....

No,we had none of them,thankfully!!!!

My boyfriend doesn't believe in the Paranormal,so was well spooked..

So was I,come to think of it....and not forgetting the dog!

brrrrrrrr.

ANNA.

Comment

• The family are great thanks Anna, the wife is hard at work, and will be until late as they have stock take! The children and I just walked about 3 miles to the local fire station to see the open day there. My son want's to be a fireman, but at 4 he still has a few years wait!

We got back about 30 minutes ago and we are all pretty tired! I have tests on the 22nd of this month, and another appointment in March 2009, so fingers crossed!

We heard noises in our house just yesterday, but we all get along, and the kids are fine with it all, so they can stay, for now!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Anna & MIke,

The examples you mention are the types of sighting, events, etc, that I meant when I say that the world, as we know it, intersects with the otherworld. Sometimes they touch and we sense something. Sometimes they intersect (hence my Venn diagram analogy,) and we see something we wouldn't ordinarily see. Like the wolf on the staircase, or the stargate or portal effect of the hallway, or the spirit that followed someone home. Perhaps "beings" from the otherworld get trapped in pockets of our world. If you study shamanism, which I did for a while, it's easy to see that this could happen. The author Charles DeLint, a Canadian author, is a master at protraying this. He has a way of twisting what we see as reality and showing us beings of the otherworld.

If those of the otherworld can get trapped in ours, can we get trapped in theirs? Charles De Lint thinks so!
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Cel,

That's one hell 'v and idea....and one which I personally could see very much as a possible explanation.

Many people see things and are quite sure of what they have seen...and a lot aren't just going to sleep or waking at the time.Whatever I have seen,has occurred when I least expect it...in the blink of an eye.

I hadn't thought that we could go over the otherside..that'd be fun.I must look that guy up on the internet.

My 94 year old aunt,who is almost blind and lives in a dark room,
                      asked me if I thought we had any part in our own destinies....I remarked that I felt it was all worked out for us before we even arrived,and she said she did too.
                      Best Regards,
                      ANNA.

Comment

• I have a rather mystical friend called Billy, who donated loads of first editions to me many years ago. He often warns me and guides me so as not to get too close. Here is one of his theories,

If you visit the same place over and over again, spirit begins to recognise you, and will eventually latch onto you. Without knowing it, you will become a part of them and vice versa, until they have control over you!

Another theory is thus,

Spirit is here for a reason, we don't know why, and probably never will, but it should be treated with the same respect that we would want to be treated with.

He is old, often goes off on crazy tangents, but he knows his stuff. He was doing spirit rescue when Yvette Fielding was making "Tracy Islands" on Blue Peter!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• Shamanism tells us there are several levels of existence---lower, middle, and upper. We are closer to the middle realm. The upper is the realm of angels, mythical beings, dragons, unicorns, gods, goddesses. The lower---I forgot about the lower! It's more like the level of history and relatives and is the realm where we have to be really careful. Caitlin Matthews, one of your fellow Brits, is a shaman. Her book Singing the Soul Back Home is pretty good at explaining all of this. She also wrote a very fine book, very scholarly, called Sophia: Goddess of Wisdom. It was a classic the instant it rolled off the presses. The new edition is, I think, Sophia:The Bride Of God. At any rate, she is a Celtic shaman.

Anna, I do really recommend Charles DeLint. He has written so many books though; it's hard to know where to start. His main character is Jilly Coppercorn but there are a lot of others, incldg those who can travel back and forth between the realm of Spirit and this one.

Mike, One thing the shamans, etc. teach is to respect those of the spirit world. One must also be polite, respectful, and clear and specific. This seems to jive with what your friend Billy was saying. I think that not only do the spirits of a place begin to know us, they greet us when we arrive, whether we are new to a place or not. Some of the most vivid experiences I have had have come from being 'checked-out' by resident spirits of an area. Of course, some don't welcome us and just want us out of 'their' space.

My eyes just seem to get worse by the day. It's sometimes hard to write here. Time for new glasses. Long past time really.

Comment

• Hi Cel,
                            Thanks for the book suggestions,and for some very interesting thoughts on the spirit world....I enjoyed your posts very much.

So your eyes are not so good...mine also,except they seem better since I
                            got my new glasses...

Best Regards
                            ANNA.x

Comment

• We had 8 inches of rain this weekend so enough with the rain dance already.
                              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Latest news from the UK!

An Ex RAF man has come forward and claimed that back in 1971 he was witness to a UFO sighting on Radar! He claims the objects flew in formation, at speeds in excess of 300mph from heights of 3,000ft to 60,000ft in seconds!

The top brass turned up and told everyone to keep quite, but after he retired he thought he would reveal the truth!

You gotta love the MOD, and if that one doesn't get you this one will!!

The MOD have announced the could sell off HMS Victory! The upkeep of the vessel costs the MOD £1.5 Million a year, so they are looking at other options!

The vessel beat the French and Spanish, but as soon as a Scot gets into the government all is lost!
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X