When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
    It is one of those books you cannot put down once you start reading.

I had to nip out earlier to buy more wood to build more book shelves, they are stacked about 20 ft across and 8 ft high!
    Don't you just love the movie? Estelle Parsons and James Earl Jones are so good. I have to see it whenever they run it here, which is not too often these days.

I'm glad to know my husband and I are not the only ones who have to cope with potential book avalanches. Sigh...and we just keep buying more.
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Not that I really believe the story but I love the movie as well. It hasn't played around here for ages though.

The account was certainly a big deal in its day. I was transfixed when I first heard about it on the Long John Nebel Show back in the early 60s.
      Last edited by sdreid; 08-21-2008, 01:55 AM.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• So far it's been a stunning read. They called the local police precinct to report the strange sighting and he in turn reported it to the air force, who contacted the Hill's to take their sighting down.

Then the Hills contacted NICAP who also visited and spent several hours going over the story.

I have never seen the film, but it sounds good, I will look for it and if it's not available in the uk I will find one online elsewere.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

If I recall, it was a made for TV movie.

Right now, I'm reading For the Thrill of It, the new book about the Leopold and Loeb murder case. It's a little more down to earth but pretty weird nonetheless.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            So far it's been a stunning read. They called the local police precinct to report the strange sighting and he in turn reported it to the air force, who contacted the Hill's to take their sighting down.

Then the Hills contacted NICAP who also visited and spent several hours going over the story.

I have never seen the film, but it sounds good, I will look for it and if it's not available in the uk I will find one online elsewere.
            Mike, It's called The UFO Incident, I believe.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              Not that I really believe the story but I love the movie as well. It hasn't played around here for ages though.

The account was certainly a big deal in its day. I was transfixed when I first heard about it on the Long John Nebel Show back in the early 60s.
              Yes, I always heard about it, when I was a kid. People would ask if I had ever heard of the interrupted journey, but I never came across the book. I would have loved it. I think one channel ran it last year. Seems like it was last year.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I shall keep my eyes open and get hold a copy, but will finish the book first so I can shout at the screen!

I have seen quite a few ufo related movies which are based on true events (allegedley)
                among my faves are,
                Hanger 18- A dodgy offering from the late 70's!
                The Roswell Incident- One of my faves!
                Fire in the Sky- The Travis Walton abduction film.

I also have a collection of ufo related movies which are fiction, and look forward to the new version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" even if Keanu Reeves is playing Klaatu!
                Regards Mike

Comment

• Love Roswell with Kyle MacLachlan. I think it was a Showtime movie or something like that.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Thats right Stan, it was a made for TV show that was released on VHS in the UK and sold quite well. We stocked the video in my rental store and it was always out, of course when people brought it back a converation about the probability of it all was always started.

The movie, whilst being one of the better accounts of a true life event, is still riddled with errors, but a great watch, and Mr Sheen is excellent as the whistle blower, Deep Throat type chap at the end!

I also love the long sweeping shots of the plains of New Mexico, which add's to the film.
                    Regards Mike

Comment

• Yes Mike, I taped it when it played. I need to hunt it up here. Like the captive alien.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                        Hi Mike,

If I recall, it was a made for TV movie.

Right now, I'm reading For the Thrill of It, the new book about the Leopold and Loeb murder case. It's a little more down to earth but pretty weird nonetheless.
                        Let us know what you think about this, Stan. This is one of the most chilling events in my mind. If anyone ever doubted people could be born evil, this, to me, disspells any doubt.

Comment

• Will do Celesta. I'm about 2/3 done with the book now. It was a horrifically brutal murder and with no remorse or reason. I first heard about it when I was a kid and Leopold was being paroled. Loeb was slashed to death with a razor while he was in prison so I guess he got to find out what it felt like.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I was passing one of the many local charity shops yesterday when I noticed a copy of "There are giants in the sea- Monsters and mysteries of the depths explored" by Michael Bright.

It was only £1 so I bought it and I am very impressed, it has features on all the lake and sea monsters and loads of smaller cases!

A nice book so far!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Hey gang! What happened to my recent Roswell post?
                              It's that Admin. again, isn't it?

Comment

• Hey Plang,

Are you sure you went far enough back? Was this before your---ahem---vacation? The guys were talking about Roswell the movie just in the last week or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X