JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    The 2 biggest claims from those on the conspiracy side is that, a) Kennedy and Connolly were struck by two separate bullets. And b) that the Kennedy headshot was from the front and side (the usual suggested location is the Grassy Knoll of course) rather than from behind.

Point a) of course is illustrated by the claim that the bullet that hit both men would have had to have been a ‘magic bullet’ zig-zagging around. But those theorists have a ‘magic bullet’ of their own of course. They usually show a diagram showing that the line of the bullet moving downward from the 6th floor, after hitting Kennedy, would have passed by the right shoulder of Governor Connolly. The point that they can’t answer though is when it’s pointed out that the very same diagram and trajectory shows that, if it indeed had missed Connally, it would have struck the agent in the passenger seat of the limousine. So the conspiracy theorists have a bullet which hits Kennedy, misses Connally on a downward and to the left trajectory, the stops and moves sharp,y upward to fly over the agents head and out into the either never to be found.
    The conspiracy theorists don't have one magic bullet - they have three.

* The shot that hits JFK in the throat has to magically change course to miss the limo and everyone in it, then magically disappear completely.

* The shot that hits Connally in the back has to be magically tumbling when it strikes him. It further must have magically changed course in midair to veer around JFK and then veer back to to hit Connally. Either that, or JFK needs to magically shoot Connally in the back with an invisible rifle that magically disappears afterwards.

* The shot that hits JFK in the head has to magically take a hard left inside JFK's head to avoid damaging the left side of the brain or skull.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Luke Mooney and I reached the southeast corner at the same time. We immediately found three rifle cartridges laying in such a way that they looked as though they had been carefully and deliberately placed there--in plain sight on the floor to the right of the southeast corner window. Mooney and I examined the cartridges very carefully and remarked how close together they were. The three of them were no more than one inch apart and all were facing in the same direction, a feat very difficult to achieve with a bolt action rifle - or any rifle for that matter. One cartridge drew our particular attention. It was crimped on the end which would have held the slug. It had not been stepped on but merely crimped over on one small portion of the rim. The rest of that end was perfectly round.

(Roger Craig, 1971)

Yes, sir. That is just about the way they were laying, to the best of my knowledge. I do know there was-one was further away, and these other two were relatively close together - on this particular area. But these cartridges - this one and this one looks like they are further apart than they actually was.

(Luke Mooney's testimony to Warren Commission)

Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 03-16-2023, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

The conspiracy theorists don't have one magic bullet - they have three.

* The shot that hits JFK in the throat has to magically change course to miss the limo and everyone in it, then magically disappear completely.

* The shot that hits Connally in the back has to be magically tumbling when it strikes him. It further must have magically changed course in midair to veer around JFK and then veer back to to hit Connally. Either that, or JFK needs to magically shoot Connally in the back with an invisible rifle that magically disappears afterwards.

* The shot that hits JFK in the head has to magically take a hard left inside JFK's head to avoid damaging the left side of the brain or skull.
        The problem with you Fiver is that you have no imagination.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Luke Mooney and I reached the southeast corner at the same time. We immediately found three rifle cartridges laying in such a way that they looked as though they had been carefully and deliberately placed there--in plain sight on the floor to the right of the southeast corner window. Mooney and I examined the cartridges very carefully and remarked how close together they were. The three of them were no more than one inch apart and all were facing in the same direction, a feat very difficult to achieve with a bolt action rifle - or any rifle for that matter. One cartridge drew our particular attention. It was crimped on the end which would have held the slug. It had not been stepped on but merely crimped over on one small portion of the rim. The rest of that end was perfectly round.

(Roger Craig, 1971)

Yes, sir. That is just about the way they were laying, to the best of my knowledge. I do know there was-one was further away, and these other two were relatively close together-on this particular area. But these cartridges-this one and this one looks like they are further apart than they actually was.

(Luke Mooney's testimony to Warren Commission)

Click image for larger version  Name:	FC93B9DE-853A-4A5A-8197-C68BB404465C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	806230

So Mooney speaking at the WC is describing the photograph perfectly.

Lets look at Roger Craig shall we?

His testimony before the Warren Commission….

Mr. BELIN: Did you see the empty cartridges when they were found?
          Mr. CRAIG: I didn't see them when they were found. I saw them laying on the floor.
          Mr. BELIN: About how soon after they were found did you see them, laying on the floor?
          Mr. CRAIG: Oh, a couple of minutes. I went right on over there. I was at the far north end of the building. The cartridges were on the southeast corner.
          Mr. BELIN: Well, how did you know they had been found there? Did someone yell---or what?
          Mr. CRAIG: Yes; someone yelled across the room that "here's the shells."
          Mr. BELIN: Do you remember who that was?
          Mr. CRAIG: No; I couldn't recognize the voice.
          Mr. BELIN: All right. Then, what did you do?
          Mr. CRAIG: I went over there and--uh--didn't get too close because the shells were laying on the ground and there was--uh--oh, a sack and a bunch of things laying over there. So, you know, not to bother the area, I just went back across.
          [...]
          Mr. BELIN: Do you remember seeing anything there other than the shells?
          Mr. CRAIG: No; not---uh---anything that caught my eye.
          Mr. BELIN: Where do you remember seeing the shells?
          Mr. CRAIG: They were laying on the--uh--well, as you're facing the window----
          Mr. BELIN: As you are facing the window and you're looking south?
          Mr. CRAIG: The southeast corner window and you're looking south, the shells would be on your right and back away from the window, as I recall, about a foot.
          Mr. BELIN: Do you recall any of the shells right up against the wall at all---- or, don't you recall?
          Mr. CRAIG: No; I don't; I didn't look that close.
          Mr. BELIN: How many shells did you see there?
          Mr. CRAIG: I saw three.
          [...]
          Mr. BELIN: Did you look very closely at the area where the shells were found.
          Mr. CRAIG: Uh--no, because the identification men hadn't arrived, and we didn’t want to stir up anything. (VI H 267-268)​

So he saw the shells briefly and he didn’t look closely at them. He couldn’t even describe their position and he only saw them a couple of minutes after they were found.

Next, this is what he said in 1969 and Garrison’s Clay Shaw travesty…

Q: Did you notice any objects around this window at the time you observed it?
          A: Yes.
          Q: What were these?
          A: Three spent cartridges, a sack with some chicken bones in it --
          Q: Anything else?
          A: No, there were some pasteboard boxes stacked up in front of it.​

So twice under oath…. He only saw them 2 minutes after someone else discovered them. He only saw them briefly and not closely. All that he could describe about them was that they were back from the wall.

Then in 1971, which PI neglects to mention was in an essay that he wrote and not an interview, everything changes.

The cartridges suddenly look like they’ve been arranged - which he’d never mentioned before. A good piece of observation considering he’d already said that he didn’t look close enough to describe their position. His ‘new’ description is also completely different to Mooney’s.

He said that he and Mooney examined the cartridges very carefully which is the opposite of what he’d said under oath.

He said that he and Mooney immediately found the cartridges which was untrue.

I’ll finish with a description of Roger Craig by one of the assassinations most famous and celebrated conspiracy theorists….Harold Weisberg:

[I]“Roger Craig may be a brave guy and all of that, but he is also full of what is generally reserved for toilets. I have gone over his annotation of his testimony, as printed, and his account of the changes is utterly impossible. I spent too many years working with court reporters, particularly, the firm the Commission used, to find it possible to credit this in any way. More, have traced that testimony all the way from Dallas to the Government Printing Office, and it is printed as it was taken down, I have copies of the typescript sent to the GPO, and I have the letter of transmittal to DC the bills for taking it, the whole story. Roger is, despite Penn's [Penn Jones] great love for him, at best simply wrong, in the newer areas, what he embellished his original testimony with. Now I have met Roger, and he is a fine looking, clean-cut kind of guy who appears to be truthful, serious and all that-just like dozens of guys I once guarded in an Army locked ward in a large mental institution. He does not impress me as the kind of guy who is out to make trouble. But he is.”

If conspiracy theorist Harold Weisberg dismisses a conspiracy theorist then little more needs saying.

Typical manipulation of evidence from PI. Par for the course for conspiracy theorists.

This is what non-conspiracy theorists are up against.

And a Herlock Prediction…….I’ll check my crystal ball integrity checker and……..there will be no response from PI (and on the off chance that he does he’ll probably say that the Warren Commission report was faked or forged or some such nonsense.)

Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 03-16-2023, 06:03 PM.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Mr. KELLERMAN. President Kennedy had four wounds, two in the head and shoulder [the back wound] and the neck [the throat wound].
            Governor Connally, from our reports, had three. There have got to be more than three shots.

Representative FORD. Is that why you have described ----

Mr. KELLERMAN. The flurry.

Representative FORD. The noise as a flurry?

Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right, sir.

(Warren Commission Volume 2 pages 78-79)

Comment

• Captain Will Fritz boasted a 98% success rate with homicide cases in Dallas up until the JFK murder. He could have improved on that ratio with the support of those contributors on this site who disregard the need for a defence to be made in terms of the accused. What need for guff like Magna Carta when you have the Warren Commission, a body that denied the right to a defence lawyer (Mark Lane offered his services) and of course reached a verdict without recourse to a jury? That’s the judicial nirvana of any ruling elite: a juryless trial that bars the accused being represented by left-wing/awkward lawyers. If the state media has done its job properly then the verdict will have been established before the trial anyway.

It seems that for some Oswald, like Goldstein in Orwell’s novel 1984, has become a hate figure necessary to justify the status quo. A fair deal of doublethink is required to embrace the Oswald we are presented with: he is a cool, calm psychopath who is prone to uncontrolled outbursts; he is a committed Marxist who defected to the USSR but is also a CIA asset; he is a supporter of Fidel Castro but mixes in anti-Castro circles; he is a loser, a nobody yet perplexingly the CIA in Mexico City track his movements and exchange cables about him; his plan to assassinate the president was ramshackle and cack-handed, yet astonishingly he pulled it off; he is a bit of a political junkie yet the assassination of the President of the United States was not political; the nobody who wanted the world to acknowledge him then denies he had anything to do with the assassination.

Once these contradictions have been reconciled, believing the Warren Commission account becomes possible. Any evidence which points away from Oswald’s guilt can be assumed to have been concocted by Conspiracy Theorists who must be denounced in turn as enemies of the truth. However Orwell did introduce a wry observation in respect of Goldstein and his followers. That no matter how often Goldstein’s character was vilified, no matter that daily his every proclamation was denounced, exposed and trodden underfoot, his agents humiliated and tortured, bewilderingly there was never a shortage of those willing to join his opposition. I can see a lot of bewilderment about CTs reading through several posts.

Comment

• In a letter dated March 1992, author Harold Weisberg wrote to author Vincent Palamara, recalling a conversation with one of Roy Kellerman's daughters in the 1970s in which she said that she hoped

the day would come when these men [Kellerman & Greer] could say in public what they told their families.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                  Captain Will Fritz boasted a 98% success rate with homicide cases in Dallas up until the JFK murder. He could have improved on that ratio with the support of those contributors on this site who disregard the need for a defence to be made in terms of the accused. What need for guff like Magna Carta when you have the Warren Commission, a body that denied the right to a defence lawyer (Mark Lane offered his services) and of course reached a verdict without recourse to a jury? That’s the judicial nirvana of any ruling elite: a juryless trial that bars the accused being represented by left-wing/awkward lawyers. If the state media has done its job properly then the verdict will have been established before the trial anyway.

It seems that for some Oswald, like Goldstein in Orwell’s novel 1984, has become a hate figure necessary to justify the status quo. A fair deal of doublethink is required to embrace the Oswald we are presented with: he is a cool, calm psychopath who is prone to uncontrolled outbursts; he is a committed Marxist who defected to the USSR but is also a CIA asset; he is a supporter of Fidel Castro but mixes in anti-Castro circles; he is a loser, a nobody yet perplexingly the CIA in Mexico City track his movements and exchange cables about him; his plan to assassinate the president was ramshackle and cack-handed, yet astonishingly he pulled it off; he is a bit of a political junkie yet the assassination of the President of the United States was not political; the nobody who wanted the world to acknowledge him then denies he had anything to do with the assassination.

Once these contradictions have been reconciled, believing the Warren Commission account becomes possible. Any evidence which points away from Oswald’s guilt can be assumed to have been concocted by Conspiracy Theorists who must be denounced in turn as enemies of the truth. However Orwell did introduce a wry observation in respect of Goldstein and his followers. That no matter how often Goldstein’s character was vilified, no matter that daily his every proclamation was denounced, exposed and trodden underfoot, his agents humiliated and tortured, bewilderingly there was never a shortage of those willing to join his opposition. I can see a lot of bewilderment about CTs reading through several posts.

The EVIDENCE is in black and white. Craig was a liar….dismissed even by Harold Weisberg, the grand wizard of the conspiracy theorists.

You’ve been reading too much pseudo-intellectual tosh with your above post. It was a simple murder. Nothing more.

Just read the evidence.

Oswald was guilty…..not beyond reasonable doubt……beyond all doubt. Could he have been innocence; is there any chance of that? No, not a single chance, it’s physically and evidentially impossible for him to have been guilty.

An innocent Oswald isn’t just a fantasy it’s a deliberate lie told by agenda-driven conspiracy theorists.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

In a letter dated March 1992, author Harold Weisberg wrote to author Vincent Palamara, recalling a conversation with one of Roy Kellerman's daughters in the 1970s in which she said that she hoped

the day would come when these men [Kellerman & Greer] could say in public what they told their families.
                    Two surprises (well, not really)

They never did say anything…….because there’s nothing to tell.

And I was right…….no response.

Pathetic.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Mr. KELLERMAN. President Kennedy had four wounds, two in the head and shoulder [the back wound] and the neck [the throat wound].
                      Governor Connally, from our reports, had three. There have got to be more than three shots.

Representative FORD. Is that why you have described ----

Mr. KELLERMAN. The flurry.

Representative FORD. The noise as a flurry?

Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right, sir.

(Warren Commission Volume 2 pages 78-79)
                      Christ, it’s not hard is it.

Kellerman for some bizarre reason had been told by some looney that Kennedy had 4 wounds. So he was fitting the sounds to the alleged 4 wounds.

You obsess over such pointless, trivial nonsense.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• More on Roger Craig. I’ve already posted a quote by one of the most revered male conspiracy theorists, Harold Weisberg, now……cop this. This is from undoubtedly one of the most revered of conspiracy theorists and certainly the most revered female CT Mary Ferriell:

“I knew Roger Craig for several years before his death. It is my belief that Roger was a very sick young man. He had made a name for himself as a very promising young law enforcement officer. When he came forward with some of the "stories" he told following the events of that November weekend, he believed that he would be offered a great deal of money and, possibly, speaking engagements. I am very sorry to say that I am one of the few conspiracy nuts who never believed Roger Craig.

When Roger made a number of speeches about the fact that "they" prevented him from getting a job, I talked my husband into giving him a job. Roger did not want to work. He wanted people to give him money because he had "seen something or other."

I have made enemies because I have continued to say that I have never really believed him.”

So the late King and Queen of conspiracy theorists both had the lowest of opinions of Roger Craig.

Next we have the opinions of 3 people who actually worked with Craig:

Unfortunately, [Craig] went nuts over [the assassination]. He was, what I call, just squirrelly.” (Jack Faulkner).

I saw Roger go from what I’d classify as an intelligent individual to one who couldn’t provide for his own family. […] Personally, I think that this subject damn near drove him crazy.” (Roy Vaughn)

“But something seemed to happen after he was fired. Apparently he went off the deep end and got led into this conspiracy thing. I think that the more that people laughed at him, or the more that he was picked on about it, the worse he got, especially when he got involved with Garrison.” (Bill Courson)​

……..

This is the type of witnesses that conspiracy theorists like PI, George, Fishy and Cobalt rely on.

And who can we thank for the ‘Mauser’ fantasy?

Oh yeah…..Roger Craig.

Herlock Prediction……..no response.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Kellerman was not a very helpful witness for the WC. By this time his 'flurry' of shells has been downgraded to two shots but Kellerman is very careful in his wording. And he is clearly telling the world that shots were fired in very close succession.

Specter. Now, in your prior testimony you described a flurry of shells into the car. How many shots did you hear after the first noise which you described as sounding like a firecracker?

Mr. Kellerman. Mr. Specter, these shells came in all together.

Mr. Specter. Are you able to say how many you heard?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say two, and it was like a double bang — bang, bang.

Mr. Specter. You mean now two shots in addition to the first noise?

Mr. Kellerman. Yes, sir ; yes, sir ; at least………

…..Specter. Mr. Kellerman, you said earlier that there were at least two additional shots. Is there any area in your mind or possibility, as you recollect that situation, that there could have been more than two shots, or are you able to say with any certainty?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say that I have, from the firecracker report and the two other shots that I know, those were three shots. But, Mr. Specter, if President Kennedy had from all reports four wounds. Governor Connally three, there have got to be more than three shots, gentlemen.

Senator Cooper. What is that answer? What did he say?

Mr. Specter. Will you repeat that, Mr. Kellerman?

Mr. Kellerman. President Kennedy had four wounds, two in the head and shoulder and the neck. Governor Connally, from our reports, had three. There have got to be more than three shots.

Notice the question the WC did not ask: from which direction Kellerman thought the shots had come.

Comment

• Mark Lane was allowed to address the Warren commission and in judicial language explained why the WC was (to quote Bob Dylan in another context) a 'pig circus.'

If it is the Commission's position that this is not a trial in any respect, and therefore Oswald is not entitled to counsel, that is the position with which I would like to respectfully offer a dissent.
                            The fact that Oswald is not going to have a real trial flows only from his death, and he is not responsible with that having taken place. Every right belonging to an American citizen charged with a crime was taken from him up to and including his life……..
                            ...I suggest that it is not the function of the trying body to appoint counsel, or the jury to appoint counsel, but in our society it is just the reverse; it is the function of defense counsel to participate in determining who the jury should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

That is not what Roger Craig testified.

Belin: Do you recall any of the shells right up against the wall at all - or, don't you recall?

Craig: No; I don't; I didn't look that close.
                              Mr. BELIN. Where do you remember seeing the shells?
                              Mr. CRAIG They were laying on the-uh-well, as you’re facing the window
                              Mr. BELIN. As you are facing the window and you’re looking south?
                              Mr. CRAIG. The southeast corner window and you’re looking south, the shells would be on your right and back away from the window, as I recall, about a foot.
                              Mr. BELIN. Do you recall any of the shells right up against the wall at allor, don’t you recall?
                              Mr. CRAIG). No: I don’t: I didn’t look that close.
                              Mr. BELIN. How many shells did you see there?
                              Mr. CRAIG. I saw three.
                              They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                              Out of a misty dream
                              Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                              Within a dream.
                              Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                                Kellerman was not a very helpful witness for the WC. By this time his 'flurry' of shells has been downgraded to two shots but Kellerman is very careful in his wording. And he is clearly telling the world that shots were fired in very close succession.

Specter. Now, in your prior testimony you described a flurry of shells into the car. How many shots did you hear after the first noise which you described as sounding like a firecracker?

Mr. Kellerman. Mr. Specter, these shells came in all together.

Mr. Specter. Are you able to say how many you heard?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say two, and it was like a double bang — bang, bang.

Mr. Specter. You mean now two shots in addition to the first noise?

Mr. Kellerman. Yes, sir ; yes, sir ; at least………

…..Specter. Mr. Kellerman, you said earlier that there were at least two additional shots. Is there any area in your mind or possibility, as you recollect that situation, that there could have been more than two shots, or are you able to say with any certainty?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say that I have, from the firecracker report and the two other shots that I know, those were three shots. But, Mr. Specter, if President Kennedy had from all reports four wounds. Governor Connally three, there have got to be more than three shots, gentlemen.

Senator Cooper. What is that answer? What did he say?

Mr. Specter. Will you repeat that, Mr. Kellerman?

Mr. Kellerman. President Kennedy had four wounds, two in the head and shoulder and the neck. Governor Connally, from our reports, had three. There have got to be more than three shots.

Notice the question the WC did not ask: from which direction Kellerman thought the shots had come.
                                And that’s the question you want answering? You’re making a mountain out of a molehill. Nitpicking on pointless questions as a tactic to avoid the important ones.

The only question worth asking in regard to how many shots there were is where did this info come from?

Kellerman was clearly confused as were many witnesses and understandable so under the circumstances. He was also, according to the above quote, conflicted after receiving dodgy information.

Nothing that Kellerman said or did is of any real relevance.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X