Lechmere validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    You've probably already covered this, but didn't PC Neil say that he was going from Thomas St to Buck's Row when he found the body? Or was that just his or the press' way of indicating direction?
    Hi Joshua,

In addition to what Steve writes in his last sentence in post #510, there's also the possibility I described in post #481.

All the best,
    Frank
    "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
    Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• so where were the police then at the moment(lets go with 3:40 ) lech scared off the ripper and he made his escape undetected by anyone? and what his most likely escape route?
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Couldn't some create an animated reconstruction of Lech/police/killer's movements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Couldn't some create an animated reconstruction of Lech/police/killer's movements?
          There is this one, but it needs expanding a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            so where were the police then at the moment(lets go with 3:40 ) lech scared off the ripper and he made his escape undetected by anyone? and what his most likely escape route?
            There's a very interesting breakdown of just this in Steve's brand new (today) book...

Comment

so where were the police then at the moment(lets go with 3:40 ) lech scared off the ripper and he made his escape undetected by anyone? and what his most likely escape route?
              If Neil was actually in the upper part of Queen Ann Street when Lechmere & Paul passed Queen Ann St. on their way to Mizen, then my guess would be that Neil was somewhere in Thomas Street when the Ripper left Nichols' body on hearing Lechmere at the Brady Street end. The most sensible route would seem via Wood's Buildings into Whitechapel Road. Since no alarm would be raised for at least a minute or so before Lechmere would reach the body, there would be no reason for the Ripper to be 'detected' either during that time and after that he would be quite safely in Whitechapel Road.
              Last edited by FrankO; 06-04-2019, 09:02 AM.
              "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post

If Neil was actually in the upper part of Queen Ann Street when Lechmere & Paul passed Queen Ann St. on their way to Mizen, then my guess would be that Neil was somewhere in Thomas Street when the Ripper left Nichols' body on hearing Lechmere at the Brady Street end. The most sensible route would seem via Wood's Buildings into Whitechapel Road. Since no alarm would be raised for at least a minute or so before Lechmere would reach the body, there would be no reason for the Ripper to be 'detected' either during that time and after that he would be quite safely in Whitechapel Road.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	1069410.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	712060

Oooo, that's got Ripper escape written all over it!

Credit Richard Deziel @ JTRForums

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	1069410.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.6 KB ID:	712060

Oooo, that's got Ripper escape written all over it!

Credit Richard Deziel @ JTRForums
                  hi frank and harry
                  thanks! and yes it does

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• And after examination of all the alternatives, Wood's Buildings is indeed one of Steve's more favoured routes...

Comment

or Court Street at a push, but i do prefer Woods Buildings.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

or Court Street at a push, but i do prefer Woods Buildings.

Steve
                        hi el
                        yeah those look good for escape routes and apparently also not to run into one of the police. man he was lucky.

heard lech and bolted before lech saw or even heard him
                        picked the correct escape route
                        didn't run into any of the police
                        lech and paul didn't see the neck cut
                        nor yell bloody murder
                        ripper missed neils beat
                        by the time lech/paul reach mizzen and neil also finds the body, the ripper is well on his way safely away from the scene.

what did sugden say? the luck always ran with the ripper. and the police officer (forgotwho)- I am amazed at the mans elusiveness.

it really is amazing.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

hi el
                          yeah those look good for escape routes and apparently also not to run into one of the police. man he was lucky.

nor yell bloody murder
                          ripper missed neils beat
                          by the time lech/paul reach mizzen and neil also finds the body, the ripper is well on his way safely away from the scene.

what did sugden say? the luck always ran with the ripper. and the police officer (forgotwho)- I am amazed at the mans elusiveness.

it really is amazing.
                          i think there is a very good chance that the killer had left sometime before Lech arrived, if it wasn't him, that is.
                          And i am not going to exclude him,i think its highly unlikely, but he cannot be ruled out.

i think most serial killer probably are very lucky, thats how they get away with it often.

Steve

Comment

nor yell bloody murder
                            ripper missed neils beat
                            If he wasn't lucky, we wouldn't be talking about him today.

Comment

hi el

nor yell bloody murder
                              ripper missed neils beat

it really is amazing.
                              Indeed Abby, it's about as amazing how lucky Lechmere was if he was the killer.

Comment

Indeed Abby, it's about as amazing how lucky Lechmere was if he was the killer.
                                Yes! Either way!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X