Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lechmere validity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Could the ripper have escaped via the train line?

    on the "right track" as one of his alleged letters later claimed (and underlined)

    The Pinchin Street torso was found under a railway arch

    As was Francis Coles

    just a random thought...


    TRD

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
      Could the ripper have escaped via the train line?

      on the "right track" as one of his alleged letters later claimed (and underlined)
      The underlined bit was specifically the word "right", which was probably a reference to the recently published theory that the killer was right handed.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

      "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by harry View Post
        When the information that Cross was found in the vicinity of Nichol's body,came to the attention of the police,he (Cross) would have,as Fisherman stated,been a person of interest.The police would then assess any information given by Cross as to his (Cross)reasons for being there.Only if sufficient cause for suspicion against Cross had ensued,would the police consider him suspect.This doesn't seem to have happened.He was never a suspect then,there is no cause to consider him suspect now,no matter how many guesses Fisherman,or others ,make.
        Paul, however, was considered a person of interest. He had given an interview, said rather snide things about the police, acted as if he himself had found the body and notified the beat cop, and yet had not bothered to present himself at the police station, or at the inquest as a witness. Police had to go to his address and convince him to testify. His behavior is more suspicious than Lechmere's, at least to the authorities.


        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Snidery_Mark View Post
          I'm pro-Lechmere. He's the only "suspect" with the best chance at being at all the murder sites. The Eddowes site is on his way to his mother's house - the rest on his route to work. Kosminski would also be a good suspect as he lived close to all murder sites. Most of the others either have an alibi for some of the crimes or were not know to be in the area at all. I opt for Cross over Kosminski as Kosminski never displayed violent behaviour after he was put in the nut-house for threatening his sister with a knife. No recorded violence on his part is recorded and I'm sure his spoken English would have brought attention to "witnesses" as being "a foreigner" - but no menion is made of anyone with a Polish accent being someone seen talking to any of the victims.
          It's not like I know even one thing about the Ripper crimes apart from the triangle cuts and eyelids thing on one of the victims, and seeing the crime scenes, is it absolutely certain that every single crime was committed by the same person?

          Honestly the crimes don't seem very unique from the miniscule amount I know... Someone who kills prostitutes (a main target of many-a-killer) with a knife (super common murder instrument), and mutilates the bodies (also not highly uncommon).

          Is there a proven link that all of the victims were killed by the same hand apart from the fact it's in the Whitechapel area? Is there proof that none of them were done in by a copycat? Is it beyond reasonable doubt that it was one man and one man alone? Just curious.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post

            Someone who kills prostitutes (a main target of many-a-killer) with a knife (super common murder instrument), and mutilates the bodies (also not highly uncommon).
            What is uncommon is removing abdominal organs from three victims in a few weeks, and two of those in a public place. (Three, if we include the probably abortive attempt to do the same to Polly Nichols.)
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

            "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
              Of all the known credible suspects; am i correct in stating that Lechmere is the only one thus far who can be directly connected to an actual murder site?

              i am aware that the jury is still out regarding Lechmere, with some being pro-Lechmere and others anti-Lechmere in terms of his validity as a suspect, but maybe looking closer at him will help to establish a more conclusive argument for either viewpoint respectively.

              I've been trying to connect Lechmere to another victim, working of course with an open mind and on the basis of following where my research takes me.

              What better place to start than with a suspect who was actually present at one of the murders!

              so... pro & anti Lechmereians, open minded thoughts and theories please?


              the rookie detective
              Lechmere is on record as having found a victim, so if that's a direct connection...then Davis, Louis D, PC Watkins and Bowyer are equally "suspect".
              Michael Richards

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                What is uncommon is removing abdominal organs from three victims in a few weeks, and two of those in a public place. (Three, if we include the probably abortive attempt to do the same to Polly Nichols.)
                To be fair Sam, 2 victims within almost a month for the abdominal organs, and 3 mutilations total in public venues in the same period. Now, the first 2 mutilation murders were within a 2 week period. Followed by a single cut 3 weeks later, and that same night, another mutilation murder. Then another month before another mutilation kill.
                Michael Richards

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post

                  It's not like I know even one thing about the Ripper crimes apart from the triangle cuts and eyelids thing on one of the victims, and seeing the crime scenes, is it absolutely certain that every single crime was committed by the same person?

                  Honestly the crimes don't seem very unique from the miniscule amount I know... Someone who kills prostitutes (a main target of many-a-killer) with a knife (super common murder instrument), and mutilates the bodies (also not highly uncommon).

                  Is there a proven link that all of the victims were killed by the same hand apart from the fact it's in the Whitechapel area? Is there proof that none of them were done in by a copycat? Is it beyond reasonable doubt that it was one man and one man alone? Just curious.
                  Virtually nothing about the case is beyond a reasonable doubt, including the victim list. Some people even think the Torso Killer was also the Ripper, but their MOs are very different, so I believe there were two serial killers. That said, there are some very distinct things about the Ripper killings. The level of mutilation is extremely rare. Taking of organs is extremely rare. Posing the bodies with the skirts hiked up is extremely rare. Combined, that makes it probable that Nichols, Chapman, and Eddowes were killed by the same man. The amount of overkill to the non-canonical Martha Tabram could be the Ripper before adapting his MO, or it could be the work of another killer. Elizabeth Stride was not mutilated, but the method of killing matched. That might mean someone else was the killer, or it might mean the Ripper was interrupted before he could mutilate the body. Mary Jane Kelly was killed indoors. That might mean someone else was the killer, or it might mean the Ripper adapted his MO again to have more time with the body and/or avoid being spotted by police.



                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fiver View Post

                    Virtually nothing about the case is beyond a reasonable doubt, including the victim list. Some people even think the Torso Killer was also the Ripper, but their MOs are very different, so I believe there were two serial killers. That said, there are some very distinct things about the Ripper killings. The level of mutilation is extremely rare. Taking of organs is extremely rare. Posing the bodies with the skirts hiked up is extremely rare. Combined, that makes it probable that Nichols, Chapman, and Eddowes were killed by the same man. The amount of overkill to the non-canonical Martha Tabram could be the Ripper before adapting his MO, or it could be the work of another killer. Elizabeth Stride was not mutilated, but the method of killing matched. That might mean someone else was the killer, or it might mean the Ripper was interrupted before he could mutilate the body. Mary Jane Kelly was killed indoors. That might mean someone else was the killer, or it might mean the Ripper adapted his MO again to have more time with the body and/or avoid being spotted by police.


                    Hi Fiver
                    agree. I think the ripper just got lucky with mary Kelly having her own place and or knew her.
                    Posing the bodies with the skirts hiked up is extremely rare.
                    agree. which is why I include tabram and McKenzie.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

                    -Edgar Allan Poe


                    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                    -Frederick G. Abberline

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X