No announcement yet.

Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and also Jeff this guy re registered his car the day after the disappearance to a friend in Germany despite still using it. So it would seem if his registration plate had been taken down and passsd to Police it PDL any investigation into it would see it come up as owned by someone living in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hi Caz and WWH
      to me the most telling thing that points to the parents, and its somewhat subtle and not emphasized enough, is that when kate realizes Maddie is gone she immediately leaves the apartment to go back to the restaurant, leaving the twins unattended. Not in a million years.
      apparently she assumes an abductor right off, what with the woosh of the door and the window being open.
      so shes going to leave the twins alone, thinking that an abductor/s was responsible and could still be nearby and possibly after the other babies as well?!? cmon.

and similarily while the investigation is still going on and theres still hope, BOTH parents are going to leave and go home. give me a break. they did it ands it not even that much of a mystery to me.

the only remaining question is why what happened? I think the dosing has something to do with it and I agree they probably over/dosed her to keep her from waking up again and crying out. she died and or was murdered in that apartment, jerry took her body away probably down to the ocean and dumped her, they staged the apartment to look like a break in (but screwed up initial interview with police by saying they locked up-oops!) then went to dinner hoping someone else would discover her missing on their rounds.

I don't rule out at all that she was abused/killed manually either pre planned intentionally or in a fit of rage. I could see a scenario where they were trying to put her to sleep, dosed her shes being loud not going to bed and shes beaten to death, on or near the couch perhaps.

So you tell us what you would NEVER do whilst in a state of shock. Well there we are throw away the key. Kate McCann did different. Damning evidence right there. And can you explain how Gerry(not Jerry) managed to get so far out at the ocean that his daughter would not be washed up on shore elsewhere due to the tide. As for the rest of it- unsubstantiated nonsense with nothing to back it up except extracts from a mentally disturbed Mother who is having the worst thoughts imaginable about her missing, presumed abducted daughter. Instead of empathy you condemn. That says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post

Hi Jeff. This guy does seem to be very interesting in regards being a lead. It seems he was a burglar who had a couple of convictions from his teenage years for exposing himself to a child and committing acts of an indecent nature. It also seems that his phone records can place him in PDL at half 7 on the fateful night. That is not significant in itself but it certainly means he cannot be discounted as being in a different country or location. The theory seems to be that he was robbing local hotels with the help of employees who would tip him off. He received such a tip the night Madeleine McCann went missing, broke in to rob the place but his paedo 'instincts' took over and he took Madeleine on a spur of the moment.

It has always been that type of theory that has seemed most likely to me. It may have been a billion to one chance that it happened but it did. So we have a local burglar with convictions for indecency with children who can be placed in PDL that night and who it is suggested was working with hotel employees in order to rob the rooms. If anything he should be worthy of a really close look.
        Hi Sunny Delight,

Yes, there's been a fair few number of articles about this suspect now, some indicating he's being considered linked, or of interest, in some other missing children cases. However, as history has shown, often any new suspect starts getting considered for other unsolved cases that have gone cold. So far, from what I can tell, there's nothing yet found that rules him out, and some information that does indicate he's a suitable lead (as you mention, he was in the area at the time, has a criminal history involving sex offenses against minors, etc). However, as of yet, there does not appear to be anything yet that solidly ties him to the case. He's apparently made some suspicious comments in the past, that sort of sound like he knows something, etc, but that happens quite a bit even when someone turns out to be uninvolved (how those comments are interpreted, and even remembered, can be coloured by the fact he's currently being looked at). If he's involved, hopefully something will be found to bring a resolution. If he's not, despite him being despicable, no justice is achieved if he's not cleared of this particular offense.

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Hi Sunny Delight,

Yes, there's been a fair few number of articles about this suspect now, some indicating he's being considered linked, or of interest, in some other missing children cases. However, as history has shown, often any new suspect starts getting considered for other unsolved cases that have gone cold. So far, from what I can tell, there's nothing yet found that rules him out, and some information that does indicate he's a suitable lead (as you mention, he was in the area at the time, has a criminal history involving sex offenses against minors, etc). However, as of yet, there does not appear to be anything yet that solidly ties him to the case. He's apparently made some suspicious comments in the past, that sort of sound like he knows something, etc, but that happens quite a bit even when someone turns out to be uninvolved (how those comments are interpreted, and even remembered, can be coloured by the fact he's currently being looked at). If he's involved, hopefully something will be found to bring a resolution. If he's not, despite him being despicable, no justice is achieved if he's not cleared of this particular offense.

- Jeff

Yeah I am trying to steer clear of the British tabloids at the moment, far too much hearsay and sensationalism. Linking him to other crimes is of course what any good Police force would do. What does seem striking is that those who are investigating him think he was in or close to the areas where these children went missing. Of course I stress that does not mean he is guilty but rather he should be pursued as a suitable lead. As for the Madeleine McCann case there is a lot we don't know in regards Police information. The re-registering of his van the day after the disappearance seems to be key. German Police have confirmed they are working on trying to track down the owner of the phone number who rang him on the night. Some German papers are reporting the German Police believe this may have been a call from someone working with him. Whether that is true or not we don't know.

I think the one thing that has come out of the whole case is just how badly the Policia Judiciara got it. The investigation was a complete disaster. If this guy did slip through the net as it were then it would be a travesty. We will have to see if anymore comes of it though in regards this suspect. I hope the McCanns can some semblence of truth and maybe even retrieve a body.
          Last edited by Sunny Delight; 06-14-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

So you tell us what you would NEVER do whilst in a state of shock. Well there we are throw away the key. Kate McCann did different. Damning evidence right there. And can you explain how Gerry(not Jerry) managed to get so far out at the ocean that his daughter would not be washed up on shore elsewhere due to the tide. As for the rest of it- unsubstantiated nonsense with nothing to back it up except extracts from a mentally disturbed Mother who is having the worst thoughts imaginable about her missing, presumed abducted daughter. Instead of empathy you condemn. That says it all.
            yup i have no empathy for the mcaans, i care about the little girl whom if they didnt kill her are directly responsible for her abduction.leaving their babies alone night after night so they can go get sauced with there equally idiotic friends. even after Madeleine that very morning cried to her mommy--why didnt you come last night when we cried? instead they dosed them up with sleeping pills left them alone again in a foreign town with the doors unlocked.

and the second theres a possible suspect, you use that opportunity to come back on here to attack one of my old posts and yet again defend the mccanns. no empathy or even words about Madeleine.

That says it all.

like another poster said.. you are a groveling apologist for the mcanns so you go on ignore. good riddance.

"Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Yeah I am trying to steer clear of the British tabloids at the moment, far too much hearsay and sensationalism. Linking him to other crimes is of course what any good Police force would do. What does seem striking is that those who are investigating him think he was in or close to the areas where these children went missing. Of course I stress that does not mean he is guilty but rather he should be pursued as a suitable lead. As for the Madeleine McCann case there is a lot we don't know in regards Police information. The re-registering of his van the day after the disappearance seems to be key. German Police have confirmed they are working on trying to track down the owner of the phone number who rang him on the night. Some German papers are reporting the German Police believe this may have been a call from someone working with him. Whether that is true or not we don't know.

I think the one thing that has come out of the whole case is just how badly the Policia Judiciara got it. The investigation was a complete disaster. If this guy did slip through the net as it were then it would be a travesty. We will have to see if anymore comes of it though in regards this suspect. I hope the McCanns can some semblence of truth and maybe even retrieve a body.
              Yah, I agree. He's a good lead, and like many good leads it will either lead to a solution, or it will fizzle out and he'll be shown to be not involved. Until the work is done, though, we won't know. The press finds it a good story to present him as if he's already guilty, though they are often careful to point out the evidence is not conclusive, etc. It will take months, I suspect, before any real update to this occurs. But for everybody's sake, particularly Maddie and her parents, a solution would be the best outcome.

- Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

yup i have no empathy for the mcaans, i care about the little girl whom if they didnt kill her are directly responsible for her abduction.leaving their babies alone night after night so they can go get sauced with there equally idiotic friends. even after Madeleine that very morning cried to her mommy--why didnt you come last night when we cried? instead they dosed them up with sleeping pills left them alone again in a foreign town with the doors unlocked.

and the second theres a possible suspect, you use that opportunity to come back on here to attack one of my old posts and yet again defend the mccanns. no empathy or even words about Madeleine.

That says it all.

like another poster said.. you are a groveling apologist for the mcanns so you go on ignore. good riddance.

I invite you to check my comment history to see if I have ever defended any of the so called Tapas 7 for leaving their children alone in an apartment in a foreign country. Ever.

I responded to your post because it made outlandish claims of child abuse with zero to back it up and in fact I am assuming you are from the USA because in the United Kingdom we have a system whereby until a child is 3(it was 4 before the recession in 2008) there are yearly check ups with a Doctor in order to check that everything is ok and there are no signs of abuse or neglect. If there are this would be reported to either the Police or Social Services or both. Nothing was ever raised about Madeleine McCann. Not only that but she was in a creche and they found no signs of abuse either. So goodbye and onto ignore I go.

Comment

• Hi All,

While I really hope something will come of this new lead, there will have to be some really solid evidence to link the suspect with the victim [cctv or DNA] and/or a confession, or it could all end up being a circumstantial case that can't even get to court. There has been talk over the years about the resort attracting child abusers by its very nature, in which case the suspect may have been one of several in the general vicinity while the McCanns were there on holiday with their three very young children. The fact that he was on his phone to someone on the evening that Maddie was reported missing is not in itself particularly useful information, unless it can be ascertained who was on the other end and whether the reason for the call was suspicious or sinister. And once the news broke that a young girl had gone missing, anyone who thought they might become a suspect, and would then be questioned about other offences they may have committed, would probably have taken steps like this one did when he re registered his vehicle.

Whatever we as individuals think of the McCanns, for leaving all three of their children vulnerable, I'm sure they only want the right person or persons found and brought to justice for whatever happened to Maddie while they were dining with their friends.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Yah, I agree. He's a good lead, and like many good leads it will either lead to a solution, or it will fizzle out and he'll be shown to be not involved. Until the work is done, though, we won't know. The press finds it a good story to present him as if he's already guilty, though they are often careful to point out the evidence is not conclusive, etc. It will take months, I suspect, before any real update to this occurs. But for everybody's sake, particularly Maddie and her parents, a solution would be the best outcome.

- Jeff
                    Yeah I think thats a fair summary Jeff. The press of course love a good story and have set about speaking to various people who claim to have known or associated with the suspect. He had scary eyes. He was a strange man. He got weird when talking about Madeleine McCann. All totally worthless stuff really. The Police obviously think they have enough on this guy for him to become the prime suspect so certainly they must have something to go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                      Hi All,

While I really hope something will come of this new lead, there will have to be some really solid evidence to link the suspect with the victim [cctv or DNA] and/or a confession, or it could all end up being a circumstantial case that can't even get to court. There has been talk over the years about the resort attracting child abusers by its very nature, in which case the suspect may have been one of several in the general vicinity while the McCanns were there on holiday with their three very young children. The fact that he was on his phone to someone on the evening that Maddie was reported missing is not in itself particularly useful information, unless it can be ascertained who was on the other end and whether the reason for the call was suspicious or sinister. And once the news broke that a young girl had gone missing, anyone who thought they might become a suspect, and would then be questioned about other offences they may have committed, would probably have taken steps like this one did when he re registered his vehicle.

Whatever we as individuals think of the McCanns, for leaving all three of their children vulnerable, I'm sure they only want the right person or persons found and brought to justice for whatever happened to Maddie while they were dining with their friends.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      The constant vitriol aimed at the McCanns is fairly disturbing to me to be honest. Most or all of it is hyperbole with little evidence to back it up- just wild theories that make Trump look sane. The re-registering of the car seems to be very odd. To do so because a day after the little girl goes missing, you think due to your history, you may become a suspect in what was not yet the household story we have now, is not plausible in my honest opinion. Maybe it was coincidence but it does seem suspicious especially considering he was still driving it but it was registered to someone in Germany. And the fact he received a phone call is significant in the sense it places the suspect in Praia da Luz at half 7 that night. Obviously maybe even the crucial piece is who actually phoned him. But it is all circumstantial as yet. What else the Police have we just don't know.

A lone intruder who took Madeleine McCann on a spur of the moment looks like the scenario the Police are working on. The German Police also believe that the call to the phone at half 7 may have been an Ocean Club employee tipping the suspect off about which rooms would be free to rob that night. I see this as most likely now at this stage.

Comment

• Hi SD,

All I was saying is that while the re-registering of the car and the phone call is on the surface cause for concern and suspicion, both could turn out to have explanations that don't involve the suspect in Maddie's disappearance. The phone call could be entirely innocent [until proved otherwise], while the car business could have been the hasty overreaction of a man with a history, to hearing that a child had been abducted the previous evening. Everyone in that resort must have been buzzing the following day with news like that. And anyone could have become a suspect. If the police have the right man, terrific. We can only hope they can make the case watertight.

Where is this 'constant vitriol' still being aimed at the McCanns? They made a terrible mistake, which had the most devastating personal consequences. But if it teaches parents not to leave their most precious possessions alone in future, that's about the only positive to come out of their mistake. You're never going to stop a child abuser wanting to try their luck, but you can do your level best to make it as difficult as possible.

Love,

Caz
                        X

Comment

• lets hope if this german lead pans out they catch without a doubt the person responsible IF she was abducted and what her fate was-maybe . I still think the parents probably did it but of course it still could have been an abduction, especially since the mcanns made it so fraking easy for one if there was an abductor. So while this looks like a possible lead im not holding my breath. Unfortunately these pedophiles are literally everywhere. Ive seen hundreds of cases like this where a family member (or freind) was responsible and almost all of them have some pedophile suspect who "was in the area at the time" who ended up having nothing to do with it. same goes for the burgler/break ins theory ("there were many break ins in the neighborhood in the previous months")blah blah blah. These troglodytes are everywhere. we'll see but i doubt anything comes of it.
                          Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-16-2020, 12:34 PM.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hi SD,

All I was saying is that while the re-registering of the car and the phone call is on the surface cause for concern and suspicion, both could turn out to have explanations that don't involve the suspect in Maddie's disappearance. The phone call could be entirely innocent [until proved otherwise], while the car business could have been the hasty overreaction of a man with a history, to hearing that a child had been abducted the previous evening. Everyone in that resort must have been buzzing the following day with news like that. And anyone could have become a suspect. If the police have the right man, terrific. We can only hope they can make the case watertight.

Where is this 'constant vitriol' still being aimed at the McCanns? They made a terrible mistake, which had the most devastating personal consequences. But if it teaches parents not to leave their most precious possessions alone in future, that's about the only positive to come out of their mistake. You're never going to stop a child abuser wanting to try their luck, but you can do your level best to make it as difficult as possible.

Love,

Caz
                            X

Absolutely the re-registering of the car could have an innocent explaination though I am struggling to think of one. We have to put ourselves into the day after the disappearance. It wasn't even until that night that the McCanns did an impromptu statement. The rumours I am sure would have been swirling around PDL all day but think as CB would have. To re-register your car as belonging to a friend living in Germany because you fear that you will be suspected of involvement in a missing child case because you have previous for indecency with children is not plausible in my opinion. And so what other excuse could there be? It is hard to think of one that doesn't stretch the rules of credibility. A fear that the van may have been seen by an eyewitness seems a much more plausible theory. And so if a check was done on the registration it would come up as being owned by someone living in Germany- or so the suspects thinking may have went. Conjecture on my part but likely?

Yes I do think the McCanns still receive much vitriol especially online. I won't defend their actions in leaving a toddler and two babies in an unlocked Apartment but nothing anyone can say or the judgement which they can pass could be any worse than the McCanns feel I am quite sure. Abduction of children is rare. Abduction when on holiday even rarer and abduction from your hotel room when sleeping still rarer again. The case that stands out though as something quite similar is the Alesha McPhail case. A man who went to the flat to buy drugs but took the opportunity to abduct a 5 year old from her bed and I don't even want to talk about after that. But maybe with Madeleine McCann a man went to rob the apartment but took the opportunity to abduct a 3 almost 4 year old.

Comment

• Hi SD,

No problem with anything you write here, except to say that it would seem obvious to me that the first thing everyone with any history of indecent assault or child abuse would do, on hearing news of a missing child, would be to cover their arse if they had a vehicle in the area. An enquiry of this sort will inevitably appeal for witnesses to describe vehicles they have seen, parked or driven. Suspicious behaviour, yes of course, which needs to be investigated, but it's not proof of anything if there were dozens of people with similar reasons for needing to avoid police attention.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Hi SD,

No problem with anything you write here, except to say that it would seem obvious to me that the first thing everyone with any history of indecent assault or child abuse would do, on hearing news of a missing child, would be to cover their arse if they had a vehicle in the area. An enquiry of this sort will inevitably appeal for witnesses to describe vehicles they have seen, parked or driven. Suspicious behaviour, yes of course, which needs to be investigated, but it's not proof of anything if there were dozens of people with similar reasons for needing to avoid police attention.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Hi Caz. I am not convinced such an action would not be more suspicious. Indeed if one was innocent surely you would be quite happy for the Police to search your van and home for DNA as with nothing to hide it should all be clean. Re-registering your car to someone in a different country is far more problematic to explain. Fear of becoming a suspect I don't feel is plausible. I think that is a key bit of evidence that this man had something to hide in regards Madeleine McCann but what exactly we might never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X