This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Let me rephrase it then and say none of the others were killed in daylight hours sunrise that morning was 5.24am

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    Okay, but if Nichols was killed around 3:45am that's around 2 hours later than Eddowes. In contrast, if Chapman was killed at 5:24am, that's around 1 hour and 39 minutes later than Nicholls, so a smaller differentiation. And Kelly could feasibly have been killed closer to 5:24 than, say, 3:45 or 1:45. We just don't know.
    Last edited by John G; 09-07-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Phillips dodgy TOD (which we now know can safely be discarded)

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

The Baron
        Not sure why you are laughing.
        The opinion of forensic pathologists does not agree with you.
        That you refuse to accept expert opinion says all one needs to know.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Steve
          Didnít you know Steve?

Professors Baron, Fishy and Fish are all leading experts on the subject whose opinions carry more weight that the published authorities on the subject.
          Regards

Herlock

"Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

Comment

Exactly John.

Apparently itís acceptable for Eddowes murder to have taken place two hours before Nichols TOD but unacceptable for Chapman to have been killed two hours after.

Do serial killers only work nights? Have I missed something?

The lengths that some will go to to try and make a point.
            It's just a case of certain posters needing a certain time of death for a certain victim to fit there own terrible suspect and or theory Herlock.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

It's just a case of certain posters needing a certain time of death for a certain victim to fit there own terrible suspect and or theory Herlock.
              It has to be John. Why else the need to ignore every Forensic expert in print and the desperate lengths to discredit witnesses. Itís Deane isnít it that the 4 main posters arguing for Phillips and against the worldís authorities on the subject are: Fish - doesnít want the murder to be after Lechmere started work at 4.00/ Fishy - believes the discredited Knight/Sickert theory and so needs Chapmen killed earlier and elsewhere!/ Packers Stem - also believes that Annie was killed elsewhere and The Baron who just follows me from thread to thread to disagree with me on any topic.

Would you say that this is a coincidence John?

Regards

Herlock

"Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.”

Comment

It has to be John. Why else the need to ignore every Forensic expert in print and the desperate lengths to discredit witnesses. Itís Deane isnít it that the 4 main posters arguing for Phillips and against the worldís authorities on the subject are: Fish - doesnít want the murder to be after Lechmere started work at 4.00/ Fishy - believes the discredited Knight/Sickert theory and so needs Chapmen killed earlier and elsewhere!/ Packers Stem - also believes that Annie was killed elsewhere and The Baron who just follows me from thread to thread to disagree with me on any topic.

No coincednce whatsoever Herlock. I've also noted the posters in question. I have to say though. I'm not sure what The Baron is up to or what his motives are?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

No coincednce whatsoever Herlock. I've also noted the posters in question. I have to say though. I'm not sure what The Baron is up to or what his motives are?
                  He doesnít post often John but when he does itís 99% certain that itís straight onto a thread that Iím on and his post is always to disparage one of my posts. He cheers on anyone that disagrees with me. On this thread itís Fisherman on the Druitt thread it was Trevor. I honestly think that if I posted that Queen Victoria was a woman heíd post telling me that Iíd got it wrong. Thereís another poster who is similar but not as bad. Itís weird. Iím usually the one saying that we shouldnít be too certain of things.

Make a post saying that that I donít know what Iím talking about and youíll make a friend for life John.
                  Regards

Herlock

Comment

I donít know how Deane appeared? I think I intended to post strange.
                    Regards

Herlock

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Steve

You have written a book lately I think, haven't you ?! Then I suppose you must have good experience or some connections with experts by now, good!

I CHALLENGE you, to give me only ONE expert, who says EXACTLY those words:

All of those words exactly including the doctor's name (Dr. Phillip) I may accept the exclusion of the word (dodgy) which I doubt an expert would say, but who knows what expert you can come up with.

I will not buy nor read your book until you bring me this! Even then, I don't feel interested really after reading some of your hasty posts just to support a friend, or to satisfy a bias.

But thanks for commenting any way.

The Baron
                      Last edited by The Baron; 09-07-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

You have written a book lately I think, haven't you ?! Then I suppose you must have good experience or some connections with experts by now, good!

I CHALLENGE you, to give me only ONE expert, who says EXACTLY those words:

All of those words exactly including the doctor's name (Dr. Phillip) I may accept the exclusion of the word (dodgy) which I doubt an expert would say, but who knows what expert you can come up with.

I will not buy nor read your book until you bring me this! Even then, I don't feel interested really after reading some of your hasty posts just to support a friend, or to satisfy a bias.

But thanks for commenting any way.

The Baron
                        These are my words they are not an exact quote!

But here is a genuine quotes from an expert:

from Knight's Forensic Pathology: Sir Bernard Knight, one of the most respected authorities on the subject:

"In spite of the great volume of research and publications already mentioned, accuracy in estimating the time since death from temperature remains elusive. The old rule-of-thumb was that temperature fell at about 1.5degF/h, something under 1degC/h. Another rule of thumb was that the fall in degC from 37degC, plus three (to arbitrarily allow for the plateau), was equal to the time since death in hours. The only confidence that one could place in these methods was that they were almost always wrong, and that, if the answer happened to be correct, it was by chance rather than science!"

This tells us that estimating TOD by temperature, as Phillips did, was extremely unreliable as Iíve always said and youíve always treated with mockery.

Please explain to us how your expertise exceeds that of Sir Bernard Knight?
                        Regards

Herlock

Comment

• And hereís one explaining why itís unsafe to use stomach content to estimate TOD

http://viewfromwilmington.blogspot.c...-estimate.html

In the conclusion part we have this quote:

ďDr. Jaffe correctly cautioned his readers about dangers of overinterpreting stomach contents as they relate to TOD.Ē

Please explain to us how your expertise exceeds that of Dr Jaffa?
                          Regards

Herlock

Comment

Thanks for the mention

Nothing to do with theory, just available evidence.
                            Phillips could have been slightly out but as the digestion of potato completely and utterly backs him up I'm good with it .
                            It's you who has to look for 'exceptions' to the norm to make your beliefs fit , not I
                            ..... and now I'll disappear to other threads again
                            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post

Thanks for the mention

Nothing to do with theory, just available evidence.
                              Phillips could have been slightly out but as the digestion of potato completely and utterly backs him up I'm good with it .
                              It's you who has to look for 'exceptions' to the norm to make your beliefs fit , not I
                              ..... and now I'll disappear to other threads again
                              Digestion is unreliable. Evidence has been posted. Itís dead. End of.
                              Regards

Herlock

Comment

• And finally for Dr Baron, even though thereís much more:

Jason Payne James say in his update of Simpsonís book. Thatís Professor Keith Simpson Baron,yet another leading authority in The Field:

rigor is such a variable process that it can never provide an accurate assessment of the time of death. Extreme caution should be exercised in trying to assign a time of death based on the very subjective assessment of the degree and extent of rigor."

So we have the three methods pushed by posters all considered unreliable by experts.

Please explain to us how your expertise exceeds that of Payne-James and Simpson?

Game Long Over.
                                Regards

Herlock

Comment

Working...
                                X