No announcement yet.

escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jolly good show Carol just put the vote to the chaps and you are in.
    Last edited by pinkmoon; 10-12-2014, 09:35 AM.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I say let the women in..... (remember in the movies... the Americans always get the women....even Flynn was pretending to be an American to get the women!!!! )

Steadmund Brand--
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Nice to see an Ollie fan on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          Nice to see an Ollie fan on here.
          I know exactly what you mean!

Comment

You do? Gee that's swell.

Comment

You do? Gee that's swell.
              Nice one!

I actually attended his old school, Rutherglen Academy.

A young journalist interviewed Ollie's widow in the late 60's and started off the interview by describing Ollie as "gentleman".
              Ollie's widow pulled him up on this, saying that he was making the mistake everyone made when talking about Ollie.
              She said that Ollie was more than a gentleman, he was a "gentle man".

God, I miss these guys.

Comment

Yes, a truly adorable man. These two are my all-time favourites.

And now they're both gone. What could be worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                  I say let the women in..... (remember in the movies... the Americans always get the women....even Flynn was pretending to be an American to get the women!!!! )

Steadmund Brand--
                  Erroll had to pretend to be a Yankarian.

As it was women swooned whenever his name was mentioned, f he had turned on the full Aussie charm there would have been dead women everywhere, they would not have been able to take it.

BTW 55 years ago today he died. Of a heart attack of all things wonder what he did that put stress on his heart?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I escaped already...

Dave

Comment

The greatest living Australian :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The greatest living Australian :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F7E7lAp-hM
                        The Cultural Attache to the Court of St James.

A mate of mine was at the first ever appearance, at a Uni review, of Dame Edna.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

History in the making, GUT, though I prefer Sir Les.

Humphries is a very funny man. I heard that he used to play pranks on people, whereby he'd dress up as a tramp and hide some jewellery and unopened champagne bottles in a dustbin outside a swanky hotel. He'd wait till a posh person came along, and then ostentatiously rummage in the bin and pull out the contents.

Comment

G'day Robert

Have you seen this bloke

Paul and Wings visits the Norman Gunston show while on tour in Australia 1975. Strange guy this Norman!

I also knew a bloke who was at Uni in UK when a band came and asked could they put on a free gig at lunch time, as with most Unis the answer YES. It was the bloke Norman was interviewing in the clip above with his new band.
                            G U T

Comment

Ah, yes, didn't he crack a joke that wasn't in that clip?

"What do you call a dog with wings?"

Comment

Some overseas stars had no idea how to take "The Little Aussie Bleeder".
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X