escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this was staged :

Norman Gunston meets Keith MoonNorman Gunston show 70s -( R-rated)

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      Jolly good show Carol just put the vote to the chaps and you are in.
      Oh, I say, I am pleased. Has the Escape Committee decided which country to head for yet? We girls strongly suggest Sweden as it's still neutral. I've got connections there with the police force. They're always up for a fight whether they know what it's about or not (old Viking mentality, don't you know)!

I've been thinking about a plan but it's still in it's early stages. Has to do with hot air balloons.

Take care you chaps. Stiff upper lips and all that!

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Yes, a truly adorable man. These two are my all-time favourites.

And now they're both gone. What could be worse?
        Hi Robert,

They're my all-time favourites, too! In fact I have a German cigarette card with a lovely photograph of them on it. I keep it in my writing case which a friend gave me for my 21st birthday. The photo has been in there for almost as many years as I have had the case.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
          Hi Robert,

They're my all-time favourites, too! In fact I have a German cigarette card with a lovely photograph of them on it. I keep it in my writing case which a friend gave me for my 21st birthday. The photo has been in there for almost as many years as I have had the case.

Carol
          Good stuff Carol.

I wanted call my Golden Retriever "Laughing Gravy", after a Stan and Ollie short of that name.
          In the short, Stan smuggles a stray dog he finds into a boarding house.
          He calls the dog Laughing Gravy.

I was talked out of inflicting that name on my dog.
          I regret not sticking to my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Erroll had to pretend to be a Yankarian.

As it was women swooned whenever his name was mentioned, f he had turned on the full Aussie charm there would have been dead women everywhere, they would not have been able to take it.

BTW 55 years ago today he died. Of a heart attack of all things wonder what he did that put stress on his heart?
            He lived life to the fullest with drink and women (and drugs, to some extent) and was (for much of his life) into athletics and sports. Is it no wonder he was gone after 50 years (1909 - 1959). His last half-way decent film was "The Sun Also Rises" with Ava Gardner, Tyrone Power, and Eddie Albert. Interestingly Power also died in 1959 or a heart attack.

Jeff

Comment

[QUOTE=Carol;314103]Hi Robert,

They're my all-time favourites, too!

I can't call them my all time favorites... but they are close (sorry Harpo Marx will always be my all time favorite....) I do however think that name would have been wonderful for your dog.. why would anyone talk you out of that??

Sweden eh? Well I am a huge Bergman fan so I'm in!!!

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Absolutely spiffing posts chaps good to see moral is high chocs away and I will speak to you all soon once the Aussie reports back on the tunnel.
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  Not much doubt that one was a set up but others saw stars storm out as this idiot got into them.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

It's getting boring again someone needs to liven things up .
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                      It's getting boring again someone needs to liven things up .
                      How about a book about a table cloth with stuff spilt on it, you know like after Christmas diner at our place. we'll say belonged to a victim, maybe MJK. And Hutch flogged it after lunch, you know just make up rubbish like everyone else does.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Erroll had to pretend to be a Yankarian.

As it was women swooned whenever his name was mentioned, f he had turned on the full Aussie charm there would have been dead women everywhere, they would not have been able to take it.

BTW 55 years ago today he died. Of a heart attack of all things wonder what he did that put stress on his heart?
                        Thanks for mentioning the anniversary.

A toast to Erroll Flynn! -> :insert the aged Scotch emoticon: <-

I guess it was seeing Errol Flynn in the old swashbuckler 'Captain Blood' when I was little girl that started my crush on him.

Yes, it's certainly a good thing Erroll didn't turn on the full IRISH Tasmanian charm, his was potentially lethal & it must have a half-life of forever on film!

- Gosh, there might not even have been enough women left alive to carry on with small details like the Human Race and the MobiusTape tunnel; er, i mean the Escape tunnel.

Archaic

Comment

[quote=Archaic;314163]Thanks for mentioning the anniversary.

If only I didn' quit drinking I would be holding a glass of Scotch now..

"Yes, it's certainly a good thing Errol didn't turn on the full IRISH Tasmanian charm, his was potentially lethal"

Rumor has it, the amount of disease he had it just may have been..

Oh they really don't make em like Errol anymore, I can't think of an actor today with his overall presence...As I said before, one of my prized possessions is my Errol Flynn autograph (yes I am one of the nerdy autograph collectors..)

so again here is to Errol...I'll even pretend those rumors about you and L Ron Hubbard are false

Steadmund Brand--
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

[QUOTE=Steadmund Brand;314191]
                            Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                            Thanks for mentioning the anniversary.

If only I didn' quit drinking I would be holding a glass of Scotch now..

"Yes, it's certainly a good thing Errol didn't turn on the full IRISH Tasmanian charm, his was potentially lethal"

Rumor has it, the amount of disease he had it just may have been..

Oh they really don't make em like Errol anymore, I can't think of an actor today with his overall presence...As I said before, one of my prized possessions is my Errol Flynn autograph (yes I am one of the nerdy autograph collectors..)

so again here is to Errol...I'll even pretend those rumors about you and L Ron Hubbard are false

Steadmund Brand--
                            Any man who can share a house with David Niven and have the chutzpah to call it "Cirrhosis by the Sea" earns my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              Good stuff Carol.

I wanted call my Golden Retriever "Laughing Gravy", after a Stan and Ollie short of that name.
                              In the short, Stan smuggles a stray dog he finds into a boarding house.
                              He calls the dog Laughing Gravy.

I was talked out of inflicting that name on my dog.
                              I regret not sticking to my guns.
                              Hi barn,

We've got Laughing Gravy on an old video tape. Lovely little dog. Adults can be really cruel, can't they? It would have been a great name for your Golden Retriever.

Carol

Comment

[QUOTE=Steadmund Brand;314117]
                                Originally posted by Carol View Post
                                Hi Robert,

They're my all-time favourites, too!

I can't call them my all time favorites... but they are close (sorry Harpo Marx will always be my all time favorite....) I do however think that name would have been wonderful for your dog.. why would anyone talk you out of that??

Sweden eh? Well I am a huge Bergman fan so I'm in!!!

Steadmund Brand
                                Hi Steadmund,

Glad to have you on board! Cissie and Dolly (the other two WAAF's who are holed up with me at Café Wilhelm) asked me to ask you if you have any nylon stockings left as they are fed up with wearing men's army socks.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X