escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
    Agent Archaic told me to tell you that you can call her 'Bunny' now that you've been introduced. She also wondered if you have a Max Factor lipstick she likes - 'Kisses Galore'. She's borrowing Dolly's lipstick at the moment and doesn't think it does her any justice.

We will have something very special for you when you next visit. Cissie said I musn't tell you what it is because it would spoil the surprise.

Carol
    Hello there ladies.. Bunny I got the lipstick, I even got ya'll some of that eye makeup stuff you ladies seem to like

have a few bottles of happy for the rest of us as well.. good hooch, plus have a few more American made gifts for you...thinking once this mad dash is underway.. i'll be able to slip on out and come over to see you

Steadmund Brand--
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      Making a dash for the wire after lights out tonight.
      Good afternoon, sir,

Brigadier Simpson has turned up at last. We'd given up hope of her being able to contact us. She seems to have everything under control and is fully aware of your situation. Hopefully by this time tomorrow you'll be able to give us the 'all clear'.

Agent Archaic, Cissie, Dolly and myself have put off our escape until the Sunday after next as the Yank is coming to Sunday tea with some important items for us.

Good luck, old chap.

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
        Brigadier Simpson from North-West Platoon has sorted you out some equipment.

Flashlight and cheese sarnies under the third fence to the right.

You'll find them wrapped in an old shawl (circ. 1888 of course) just in case you need to disguise yourself as an old biddy out for a walk.

Good Luck!
        Good afternoon, ma'am,

Cheered us all up to know that you managed to escape from Denmark. Glad to have you on board, don't you know!

We wondered if you have any ideas on how to cheer up the Anzac boy. Agent Archaic is trying her best to dig her way to him but it's a back breaking job.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes well tonight for pinkmoon. (We only know him by his code name. He's so secret that Winston has given orders to that effect).

WAAF Carol Sanders (Second Class)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          Hello there ladies.. Bunny I got the lipstick, I even got ya'll some of that eye makeup stuff you ladies seem to like

have a few bottles of happy for the rest of us as well.. good hooch, plus have a few more American made gifts for you...thinking once this mad dash is underway.. i'll be able to slip on out and come over to see you

Steadmund Brand--
          Hello Steadmund,

The mascara will be most welcome. Also the champagne. Where on earth did you manage to get that! Cissie and Dolly are competing in guessing what the American made gifts are. Cissie was her usual cheeky self and said she hopes they are....... (I'll tell you on Sunday).

See you soon.

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            Hi all,

You know, with all this talk of tunneling, I am surprised none of you thought of digging the tunnel towards the Bay of Fundy, and trying to link it with the so called "Money Pit" on Oak Island. Perhaps there is a chance of getting a bit damp, but we all should be able to somehow beat that crew on that strange program/series on the "History Channel" about the attempt to solve the Oak Island mystery.

Jeff
            Hello Jeff,

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I've asked around and no-one seems to have heard of the Money Pit on Oak Island. Or even the Bay of Fundy. If only the Internet had been invented we could have looked them up. The only book we've got is a German/Finnish dictionary and that's no help at all.

Perhaps you can enlarge on your plan? Cissie and Dolly say if there's money in it you can count them in.

Carol

Comment

• The Dragon caught me on my way to the wire so all I can do is wait for the rescue squad .DIG,DIG,DIG,DIG for christsake and HURRY,HURRY,HURRY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Never fear...

Hello Chaps,

Carol - I was holed up in a Turkey but back in the squadron now.
                Have commissioned a couple of Vera Lynn records for the Anzac Boy, and a large jar of Bovril is being dropped in by the para guys. (Just know that Vegemite won't have the same effect in keeping up his strength).

Pinkmoon - What were you thinking old boy? You were supposed to wait until lights out, everyone knows Dragons don't sleep until after their cocoa at 22:00 hours. You'll just have to hang in there now until we can get the Third Battalion over to you. If the Dragon persists, use a couple of the cheese sarnies to batter her with, they'll be crusty and hard by now.

Over and out,
                Lieutenant A

Comment

• Can you bludgers stop yakking and start digging fair dinkum give a bloke a fair suck of the sav how come no one else'll do any of the hard yakka.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Stop whining..

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Can you bludgers stop yakking and start digging fair dinkum give a bloke a fair suck of the sav how come no one else'll do any of the hard yakka.
                    Oh Gut,
                    Do you really think we can risk ruining our perfectly manicured nails?

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                      Oh Gut,
                      Do you really think we can risk ruining our perfectly manicured nails?

Dig on ole' chap....You know that I can't get my hands dirty... I have to go see the ladies

Steadmund Brand--
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Can you bludgers stop yakking and start digging fair dinkum give a bloke a fair suck of the sav how come no one else'll do any of the hard yakka.
                        Hi Gut,

Why is it after reading the above line I feel like hearing a chorus of "Waltzing Matilda". What is a "billabong"?

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
                          Hello Jeff,

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I've asked around and no-one seems to have heard of the Money Pit on Oak Island. Or even the Bay of Fundy. If only the Internet had been invented we could have looked them up. The only book we've got is a German/Finnish dictionary and that's no help at all.

Perhaps you can enlarge on your plan? Cissie and Dolly say if there's money in it you can count them in.

Carol
                          Hi Carol,

Oak Island is in Canadian waters in the Bay of Fundy near Nova Scotia and New Brunswick (sorry about my own lack of geographic exactitude). For nearly two centuries there have been inquiries and attempts to find out what is inside the so-called "money pit" on the island, which is a set of tunnels leading to a closed chamber. Every time they have made an effort, usually having to pump out tons of sea water from the tunnel, they reach a point where the water returns - obviously the engineers who built this system set up the different tunnels in such a way as to refill and prevent any interlopers (i.e., the rest of us) from gaining the central closed chamber and what is inside. The suggested treasure has been such items as Captain Kidd's treasure, the treasure of the Knight's Templars with either the "Holy Grail" or the "ark of the covenant", missing Shakespearean manuscripts, you imagine it it might be there. Several lives were lost when explorer were drowned in those tunnels. Among the investors in the schemes to solve the mystery, by the way, was one Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who apparently heard of the mystery when he had the ill-fated summer house at Campobello Island nearby. I have an old book by Rupert Furneaux about the case, written nearly fifty years back. The History Channel on the Cable networks here has had a series about the subject since last year - a welcome change from their insistence on programs concerning UFO sitings or ghosts (it used to be basically about Nazis).

Jeff

Comment

• Still waiting
                            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Hello GUT,

Pardon?

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                                Still waiting
                                Oh dear, sir. You really are having a tough time. Dolly said she heard about
                                the dragon but hoped that she wouldn't have noticed you as you're so secret.

Brigadier Simpson has now been demoted to Lieutenant by Winston. All very hush hush. We think it's because she should have been in Denmark helping the Resistance but somehow ended up inside a Turkey. I know, her excuse does beggar belief! At any rate she's still very much on the ball and trying to think of a dragon-proof plan to help you.

Keep a stiff upper lip, sir, and think of England!

Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X