This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Actually,I replied to your comment that the women were ill and vulnerable.

They were.

And Henry Gawen Sutton had been assisting some of them for decades.

In fact Eddowes was his star patient,as far as I'm concerned. Heart and kidneys!

Do your own research.

Spent over 11 years doing mine.

Crikey I had a girlfriend like you that asked questions to waste my time and start arguments.
    I'm wasting your time? Are you winding me up? It's not for me to act as your researcher! You're the one who introduced the suspect, and then offered only flimsy evidence to support your argument. And the fact that he may have treated Eddowes hardly makes him a serial killer. Unbelievable nonsense!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

I'm wasting your time? Are you winding me up? It's not for me to act as your researcher! You're the one who introduced the suspect, and then offered only flimsy evidence to support your argument. And the fact that he may have treated Eddowes hardly makes him a serial killer. Unbelievable nonsense!
      Theres a lot of it going on John.

Id like to ask Dave if he’s published the results of his research? Is there a dissertation for example on Sutton as a suspect) Or is there anywhere that we can view the case against him as a whole? This might very well exist but can a link be provided to it as I’m unaware of its location? It’s impossible to evaluate a suspect from fragments. So far we appear to have the suggestion that Sutton treated Eddowes (this may well have been true) and the suggestion that a blackmail plan can be deduced from “”””will you”””” and ““””yes.”””” I’m not suggesting that Dave has built a case solely around these two things but the case for Sutton would have to be viewed as a whole for anyone to form an opinion. Is this too much to ask?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Id like to ask Dave if he’s published the results of his research? Is there a dissertation for example on Sutton as a suspect) Or is there anywhere that we can view the case against him as a whole? This might very well exist but can a link be provided to it as I’m unaware of its location? It’s impossible to evaluate a suspect from fragments. So far we appear to have the suggestion that Sutton treated Eddowes (this may well have been true) and the suggestion that a blackmail plan can be deduced from “”””will you”””” and ““””yes.”””” I’m not suggesting that Dave has built a case solely around these two things but the case for Sutton would have to be viewed as a whole for anyone to form an opinion. Is this too much to ask?
        yes HS
        I wondering about this too.

DJA
        Do you have an article or anything you've written up on your suspect? would love to see your theory/evidence all written up in one place. seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I agree with the points you've made, Herlock. A suspect has been introduced, who we can't really evaluate. For instance, arguing that a victim once lived next door to another victim isn't decisive, particularly as some of the Whitechapel tenements were hugely overcrowded, with up to 80 people in a single room.

And this doctor, from the limited information offered, seems to have been a bit of a Jack of all trades, so arguing on that basis that he must have treated all of the victims, simply because they all had health conditions, isn't very convincing. I mean, by the same logic you could argue that he probably treated virtually the entire population of Whitechapel, just on the basis that most people, in this over crowded area, seemed to be suffering from at least one ailment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

DJA
            Do you have an article or anything you've written up on your suspect? would love to see your theory/evidence all written up in one place. seriously.
            G'day.

As you might be aware,it has been scattered on the Internet,particularly on this forum over the last 4 years or so.

Seems I've been given the OK to go off topic,so here is my story.

Always had an interest in Jack the Ripper,going back to second grade.
            From that time I read a lot of Victorian literature.Doyle,Stevenson,Verne,Wells,Melville,et c.
            Also a movie fan. Just watched a ripper actually,To Die For.

Circa 1985 a radio broadcast by a Ripperologist piqued my interest.

Up until June/July 2008 a fair bit of time was spent researching events around Jerusalem 2000 years ago for a screenplay, when I came across Warren's Shaft.
            Rekindled my interest in Jack and pursued an old working hypothesis.
            Turned out to be correct and had my first meeting with a screenwriter second half of August.

Honestly the case is not that difficult ..... swore I'd never say that. Meh.

Once you isolate Sutton from the ludicrous "competition" the cards fall into place like a game of patience.
            His obituary reveals/confirms important details.
            "Remarks on the Natural History of Rheumatic Fever" I believe, reveals Nichols and Eddowes (Conway) as his inpatients. The puerile reactions to that on this forum were pathetic.

This is not the first time it has been suggested a thread be initiated.

Reckon what has been given out has repaid Casebook for easy access to inquest testimony.

I'm not here for self promotion.
            This gets done properly,or not at all.
            Possibly born out by my search for a suitable screenwriter.
            Not short on producers.

Do you people realize what the screenplay is worth?
            C'mon Dave,let's give it all away for free while enduring the mind numbing remarks evidenced in the 108 pages of this thread alone.

If someone wants to start a thread, I'll most likely join in.
            This can be moved if required.
            Quite happy to answer reasonable questions,however I'm not prepared for a shambles like this mess.

I'm chronically ill and typing from bed.
            Might not be around for much longer,so make the most of it.

Ciao for Now,

And Thanks Abby.

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

I agree with the points you've made, Herlock. A suspect has been introduced, who we can't really evaluate. For instance, arguing that a victim once lived next door to another victim isn't decisive, particularly as some of the Whitechapel tenements were hugely overcrowded, with up to 80 people in a single room.
              Name one!

Comment

G'day.

As you might be aware,it has been scattered on the Internet,particularly on this forum over the last 4 years or so.

From that time I read a lot of Victorian literature.Doyle,Stevenson,Verne,Wells,Melville,et c.

Up until June/July 2008 a fair bit of time was spent researching events around Jerusalem 2000 years ago for a screenplay, when I came across Warren's Shaft.
                Turned out to be correct and had my first meeting with a screenwriter second half of August.

Once you isolate Sutton from the ludicrous "competition" the cards fall into place like a game of patience.
                "Remarks on the Natural History of Rheumatic Fever" I believe, reveals Nichols and Eddowes (Conway) as his inpatients. The puerile reactions to that on this forum were pathetic.

Reckon what has been given out has repaid Casebook for easy access to inquest testimony.

Not short on producers.

C'mon Dave,let's give it all away for free while enduring the mind numbing remarks evidenced in the 108 pages of this thread alone.

Quite happy to answer reasonable questions,however I'm not prepared for a shambles like this mess.

Ciao for Now,

And Thanks Abby.

hi DJA
                thanks! and sorry about your illness. hope you get well soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi DJA
                  thanks! and sorry about your illness. hope you get well soon.
                  Thank you!

Same thing Sutton hospitalized D'Onston for. Fibromyalgia.

Strep infection picked up in November 1982.

Also advanced skin cancer.

Comment

Name one!
                    I respect the fact that you are currently not in a position to discuss your suspect, or research you have accumulated, in any detail for the reasons that you have given. It would therefore be inappropriate for me, at this stage, to discuss this matter further.

Good luck with your further reaearch and, as Abby says, I hope you get well soon.

Comment

G'day.

Not short on producers.

Ciao for Now,

And Thanks Abby.

For those interested in DJA's theory, I'd direct your attention to this post, where he lifts the veil a bit:https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...676#post645676

I don't recall the theory ever being met with puerile reactions, but most people are naturally somewhat to reluctant to accept such unsubstantiated claims.
                      Unfortunately, it seems the notion that the idea/theory has some kind of monetary value as a moviescript has prevented it being discussed further. Hopefully that will change some day.

Comment

• So Sutton treated two women with the same Christian names as ripper victims plus some Pierre-like nudge nudge wink wink, I know more but can’t tell, stuff. Add an imaginary blackmail plot and it’s game over.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post

I don't recall the theory ever being met with puerile reactions, but most people are naturally somewhat to reluctant to accept such unsubstantiated claims.
                          The "substantiation" is patently obvious.

We know that a chronically ill Chapman had been missing for days suffering from TB.
                          We know where she wasn't.
                          Given that Jack tried to take her diseased head off ..... where might she have been.
                          Maybea 150 meters from where Nichols was killed?

Cashous/Catechu is an astringent used to treat Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia.
                          Have a look at Hip Lip Liz's bottom lip.
                          Ripperologists just see breath fresheners.
                          Stride had just picked hers out of Jack's hand when he attacked.

Examine the facts.
                          There are many,many clues.

Best we not get too far off topic.

There are other threads that are still operating.

Comment

• Hi DJA,

It seems to me that if the victims all knew each other there would have been a high probability that in at least one case, Mary Kelly's in particular, that the victim would have talked about this with people who knew her, and that would have come out. I suggest Mary Kelly because Barnett does testify that she would ask him to read about the murders to her, and if all these people she knew were getting killed, she would have said something to him at that time. I'm sure the other victims would have likewise made some comment to their partners as well (Nichols would have had no opportunity, her being the first, Chapman possibly to the pensioner if she knew Nichols and they saw each other in the available time, but from Stride onwards, the probability just increases).

The fact that we have no evidence for that, really seems to make it unlikely any of the victims knew each other, even in passing. I accept, absence of evidence is not the same thing as evidence of absence, but interviews were with people who knew the victims and it seems highly improbable to me that such information would not have come out, just as it seems highly improbable that from Nichols onwards, the later victims would not have mentioned knowing all the previous victims - even if they only knew one of the previous victims that would come out.

Sorry to hear of your illness. Take care.

- Jeff

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

Reckon half of "Whitechapel" knew.

You would be aware of the trainee nun's interview.

Doubt Jack's identity was a big secret on the other side of London.

Thanks,

Dave.
                              Last edited by DJA; 09-23-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• The "substantiation" is patently obvious.

Substantiation must have a different meaning in all of the dictionaries that I’ve ever seen.

We know that a chronically ill Chapman had been missing for days suffering from TB.

Missing? From where?

We know where she wasn't.

We know that she was an anonymous, poverty stricken East End prostitute. That her movements wouldn’t have been as traceable as a modern day celebrity can hardly be surprising. We can deduce nothing meaningful from this.

Given that Jack tried to take her diseased head off ..... where might she have been.

Again we can deduce absolutely nothing from this. We have no reason to believe that the ripper knew or cared about her illness.

Maybea 150 meters from where Nichols was killed?

Irrelevant.

Cashous/Catechu is an astringent used to treat Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia.

Or as a breath freshener.

Have a look at Hip Lip Liz's bottom lip.

Seen it. It sits below her top lip. We cannot deduce anything from her lip. Accident, injury, birth defect....who knows?

Ripperologists just see breath fresheners.

Because it’s a plausible reason for their existence.

Stride had just picked hers out of Jack's hand when he attacked.

Complete speculation. There are absolutely no grounds for stating this as a fact.

Examine the facts.

Apart from the alternative use for Cashous which may be a fact, the rest is baseless speculation.

There are many,many clues.

Haven't spotted one yet.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X