Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

We are down the rabbit-hole again John.
    As usual
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

fify
      That's not what I said and you know it. So let's stop resorting to childish humour, shall we?

Comment

• But....but,that's how people have fun

Comment

Yet his mother who actually lived there refuted that in her testimony.
          No she didn't! If you still disagree, please provide evidence, because it's difficult to discuss things with people who keep making random statements unsupported by evidence.
          Last edited by John G; 09-22-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Mrs. Richardson, recalled, said she had never missed anything, and had such confidence in her neighbours that she had left the doors of some rooms unlocked. A saw and a hammer had been taken from the cellar a long time ago. The padlock was broken open.
            [Coroner] Had you an idea at any time that a part of the house or yard was used for an immoral purpose? - Witness (emphatically): No, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

And here you have been proven wrong Mr. Begg.

Good that you've acknowledged that.

The Baron
              Hardly proved wrong. But if it pleases you...

Comment

A blood choke takes two or three seconds.

Thuggees have nothing to do with it. Different technique.

No offense,but once again,you have very little grasp on these subjects.
                absolutely incorrect. i know from personal experience fighting and training in MMA that a blood choke takes 15-20 seconds to render you unconscious, and a few seconds faster if your exhausted (like from fighting in a mma match).
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Mrs. Richardson, recalled, said she had never missed anything, and had such confidence in her neighbours that she had left the doors of some rooms unlocked. A saw and a hammer had been taken from the cellar a long time ago. The padlock was broken open.
                  [Coroner] Had you an idea at any time that a part of the house or yard was used for an immoral purpose? - Witness (emphatically): No, sir.
                  Fair point, now we're getting somewhere. Now, I would argue that if the yard was used for immoral purposes she wouldn't want it to become public knowledge. By the same logic, I see no reason why John Richardson would lie about such a thing, just as there's no reason why he would lie about going down the steps.

Mrs Richardson also conceded that people frequently went into the backyard who "have no business to do so". Who were these people squatting in her backyard? Why were they there?

Incidentally, I'm not wedded to the idea that Chapman' s killer targeted her because she was soliciting, which she may or may not have been doing. I believe that he simply targeted women who were vulnerable: Chapman was seriously ill and undernourished, therefore not likely to be able to put up much of a struggle, and was walking the streets, by herself, in the early hours of the morning; therefore in a particularly vulnerable position.

Comment

• John Richardson (recalled) produced the knife - a much-worn dessert knife - with which he had cut his boot. He added that as it was not sharp enough he had borrowed another one at the market.
                    By the Jury: My mother has heard me speak of people having been in the house. She has heard them herself.
                    The Coroner: I think we will detain this knife for the present.

Comment

• https://photos.casebook.org/displayi...347&fullsize=1

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

Mrs Richardson also conceded that people frequently went into the backyard who "have no business to do so". Who were these people squatting in her backyard? Why were they there?

[Coroner] Were the front and back doors always left open? - Yes, you can open the front and back doors of any of the houses about there. They are all let out in rooms. People are coming in or going out all the night.
                        [Coroner] Did you ever see anyone in the passage? - Yes, about a month ago I heard a man on the stairs. I called Thompson, and the man said he was waiting for market.
                        [Coroner] At what time was this? - Between half-past three and four o'clock. I could hear anyone going through the passage. I did not hear any one going through on Saturday morning.
                        [Coroner] You heard no cries? - None. Supposing a person had gone through at half-past three, would that have attracted your attention? - Yes.
                        [Coroner] You always hear people going to the back-yard? - Yes; people frequently do go through.
                        [Coroner] People go there who have no business to do so? - Yes; I daresay they do.

She is a tenant,albeit the major one and seems to mind her own business. Literally.

Her reply to the Coroner is basically "probably" which is what daresay means.

Comment

• THERE YOU GO HERLOCK, READ IT AGAIN . AND READ THE SOURCES USED TO GATHER THE INFORMATION . ILL SAY IT AGAIN JUST FOR YOU, LONG CODOSCH AND RICHARDSON ARE NOT 100% BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT PROOF THAT CHAPMAN WAS KILLED AT 5.30
                          Killer striking between Cadosch’s visits
                          If we consider that Cadosch did hear Chapman and the killer and that the sound of the fall was caused by the killer striking and Chapman falling against the fence or the killer knocking it as he lowered Chapman to the ground, it would be odd for the killer to have waited for over three or four minutes after Cadosch had gone back into the house to pick his moment, a period in which no-one was in the next yard, and then to strike after Cadosch had come back outside even if it was while he was in the privy. If the attack had begun just before Cadosch came back outside it would be odd for Cadosch to have heard nothing on his way to the privy the second time only to hear the ‘fall’ on returning to the house. ''As the killer would have been ‘working’ from the right side of Chapman’s body (i.e. the side away from the fence) he would not likely have made the sound accidentally as he ‘worked’''.

The killer would hardly likely start the attack if he heard someone so close. Only once Cadosch had gone back into his house would the killer have struck.

''
                          SO MUCH FOR THE KILLER BEING RESPONSIBLY FOR THE ''THUD'' THAT CODOSCH HEARD ,GUESS WE CAN PUT THAT MYTH TO BED . HEY HERLOCK

Comment

• Since this thread seems to be running in circles, shall we indulge in the spirit world for a proper answer as to what millisecond was Chapman murdered?

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

Incidentally, I'm not wedded to the idea that Chapman' s killer targeted her because she was soliciting, which she may or may not have been doing. I believe that he simply targeted women who were vulnerable: Chapman was seriously ill and undernourished, therefore not likely to be able to put up much of a struggle, and was walking the streets, by herself, in the early hours of the morning; therefore in a particularly vulnerable position.
                              Nichols had been in London Hospital with Eddowes from December 1867 under Sutton's care. Both had rheumatic fever.
                              Nichols moving next door to Eddowes just before hopping supports that,as does Kate's return for reward.
                              THEY OBVIOUSLY KNEW EACH OTHER.

Chapman had TB which had spread to her brain.
                              Guess who was a chest expert!
                              Who else would know,let alone make an attempt at removing her head.
                              She was seeking money and seemed confident of acquiring some.

Hip Lip Liz obviously had HHT.
                              Guess who was one of the leaders in that field!

Eddowes half kidney finished up with him because of his expertise.

Mary ANN Kelly,29,had been a young member of his church when he joined the Vestry Board circa 1867.

That's just for starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lipsky View Post
                                Since this thread seems to be running in circles, shall we indulge in the spirit world for a proper answer as to what millisecond was Chapman murdered?
                                Nope.

That is now on Pub Talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X