No announcement yet.

The Diary—Old Hoax or New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is interesting to take some time away from the debate and then return to it. I see Owly Owl maintaining a very creditable calmness in the face of the child’s one-liners (have you ever noticed how a child is absolutely incapable of taking a hint?) and ero b’s more strident - but utterly logical - defence of the watch despite The Baron’s boring, tunnel-visioned (just like drainpipes one might say) pursuit of the unproven as God’s Truth.

Obviously, I will be accused of bias here, but I couldn’t give a **** - the clickbait wind-ups and the cut and paste one liners give themselves away time and time again. Dilettantes.

Ike
    Iconoclast
    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

It's those depths of the debate you go to that really win people over.

If I believed you genuinely wanted to discuss the watch for one second, I would, but your only ambition is posting one-liners of nonsense.

You might enjoy the art of trolling, but I have faith that people with more critical thinking than you can present an open mind for discussion. Right now, you sound like a demented Parrott offering nothing of any value.
      But the watch markings are not genuine. So you're wrong on all levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

But the watch markings are not genuine. So you're wrong on all levels.
        In this game of debate, I show you reasons why they are genuine, and you show us your reasons as to why they are not.

You should understand that basic concept unless your debating skills ended at pre-school.
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

In this game of debate, I show you reasons why they are genuine, and you show us your reasons as to why they are not.

You should understand that basic concept unless your debating skills ended at pre-school.
          Because they were forged by someone they are not genuine. By the way you have shown no reasons why they are genuine to me atleast.

Comment

Because they were forged by someone they are not genuine. By the way you have shown no reasons why they are genuine to me atleast.
            You clearly think the Barretts wrote the diary (they didn't) so who do you think "forged" the scratches? Robbie or Albert Johnson?

If so, one very simple question, why?
            JayHartley.com

Comment

I'm just trying to educate the foolish.

Comment

I'm just trying to educate the foolish.
                To educate means to impart some knowledge. Something you have severely lacked in this discussion.
                JayHartley.com

Comment

You clearly think the Barretts wrote the diary (they didn't) so who do you think "forged" the scratches? Robbie or Albert Johnson?

If so, one very simple question, why?
                  You still have not given any reasons as to why the watch markings are genuine.

Comment

To educate means to impart some knowledge. Something you have severely lacked in this discussion.
                    Whereas you are an example of the blind leading the blind.

Comment

You still have not given any reasons as to why the watch markings are genuine.
                      I wrote a detailed blog with handwriting examples:
                      Whilst the Maybrick Diary continues to divide experts over 30 years on, the other artefact of the watch remains inconvenient. Jay Hartley investigates.

I look forward to your detailed counter-arguments. I guess I might be waiting some time, though.
                      JayHartley.com

Comment

Whereas you are an example of the blind leading the blind.
                        If you think childish antics shuts down the debate, then I guess maybe it is you who needs the eye test.
                        JayHartley.com

Comment

I wrote a detailed blog with handwriting examples:
                          Whilst the Maybrick Diary continues to divide experts over 30 years on, the other artefact of the watch remains inconvenient. Jay Hartley investigates.

I look forward to your detailed counter-arguments. I guess I might be waiting some time, though.
                          Why would I read all that bullshit? It's clearly wrong. This is the joke part of Ripperology.

Comment

Why would I read all that bullshit? It's clearly wrong. This is the joke part of Ripperology.
                            This response to me sums everything up about you on this thread, John.
                            JayHartley.com

Comment

This response to me sums everything up about you on this thread, John.
                              Anyone who thinks that Maybrick was the Ripper is a fool. I have now read the article you wrote it's wrong and extremely bias.

Comment

• The Barretts wrote the diary and the Watch markings were not written by James Maybrick.

Comment

Working...
                                X