The Diary—Old Hoax or New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Because Mike Barret a published author who claimed to have written the diary would be the last person who could have written the diary. Get real.
    Hmmm, a published author now was he?

I've never said that Mike Barrett couldn't have written the Diary. Of course he could. So could any adult alive between 1888 and 1993. I simply stated that there's no credible evidence that Mike wrote it, and that (unlike your posts) is a fact. Even when Mike tried to prove that he wrote it, he couldn't. Even when Mike hired a private investigator to prove he wrote it, he still couldn't. That to me suggests that in all probability, he didn't write it. But he could have, and I acknowledge that, because I deal in facts, whereas you post opinions and sell them as facts. I think it's important that some of us on here stick to repeating those facts, otherwise casual visitors to the Maybrick threads on these message boards might mistake the kind of ill-informed posts by the likes of you and Fishy and as God's honest truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post

Hmmm, a published author now was he?

I've never said that Mike Barrett couldn't have written the Diary. Of course he could. So could any adult alive between 1888 and 1993. I simply stated that there's no credible evidence that Mike wrote it, and that (unlike your posts) is a fact. Even when Mike tried to prove that he wrote it, he couldn't. Even when Mike hired a private investigator to prove he wrote it, he still couldn't. That to me suggests that in all probability, he didn't write it. But he could have, and I acknowledge that, because I deal in facts, whereas you post opinions and sell them as facts. I think it's important that some of us on here stick to repeating those facts, otherwise casual visitors to the Maybrick threads on these message boards might mistake the kind of ill-informed posts by the likes of you and Fishy and as God's honest truth.
      Ridiculous post. The Barretts wrote the diary end of.

Comment

Ridiculous post. The Barretts wrote the diary end of.
        Slightly less amusing one-liners for the reader's benefit.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post

There is absolutely ZERO credible evidence that the Diary was written by the Barretts

The most ill-informed post here!

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

Slightly less amusing one-liners for the reader's benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYznB09WukM
            You might want to try living in the real World. Where Maybrick was not the Ripper and the Barretts wrote the diary.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

The Baron
              He's right.
              JayHartley.com

Comment

The Baron
                Absolutely Baron but Owly believes he's well informed but as they say ignorance is bliss.

Comment

You might want to try living in the real World. Where Maybrick was not the Ripper and the Barretts wrote the diary.
                  I don't know who wrote the diary, but I sure as hell believe Maybrick scratched his name into the watch. The evidence is pretty compelling, even if you do not want to accept it.
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

He's right.
                    I know the Baron's right.

Comment

I don't know who wrote the diary, but I sure as hell believe Maybrick scratched his name into the watch. The evidence is pretty compelling, even if you do not want to accept it.
                      The Watch is no more the real deal than the diary.

Comment

The Watch is no more the real deal than the diary.
                        It's those depths of the debate you go to that really win people over.

If I believed you genuinely wanted to discuss the watch for one second, I would, but your only ambition is posting one-liners of nonsense.

You might enjoy the art of trolling, but I have faith that people with more critical thinking than you can present an open mind for discussion. Right now, you sound like a demented Parrott offering nothing of any value.
                        JayHartley.com

Comment

I don't know who wrote the diary

But you know it was not Maybrick, you know he couldn't have written "Bumbling Buffoon" because you yourself spent hours and days trying desperately to find a single damn example from the 19the century of the phrase and you failed, admit it if you have the courage.

The Baron

Comment

Right now, you sound like a demented Parrott offering nothing of any value.
                            Said the one who spent his time defending a proven hoax

The Baron

Comment

But you know it was not Maybrick, you know he couldn't have written "Bumbling Buffoon" because you yourself spent hours and days trying desperately to find a single damn example from the 19the century of the phrase and you failed, admit it if you have the courage.

The Baron
                              You're right. I slaved over it for months. Years. Decades.

Well, a couple of hours at least. I did find Babbling Buffoon from the 1850s, so the suggestion that it would have been impossible for Bumbling Buffoon to be used in everyday language (bearing in mind spoken language materialises long before the written word), I do not believe it to be impossible.

You need not question my courage. The sheer fact I even declare myself a Maybrickian despite the vitriol such a position invites by doing so is all you need to know about my character.

My main issue with the scrapbook lies with the handwriting. I cannot hang my hat on the K in the watch as a near-perfect example of Maybrick's handwriting, only to abandon such clarity when comparing the diary text, which does not match. I accept the argument made by others that it might not be his formal hand as a possibility, and I remain open to that possibility.
                              JayHartley.com

Comment

Said the one who spent his time defending a proven hoax

The Baron
                                Proven by who? Certainly not you. Orsam? RJ?

Do better.
                                JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X