No announcement yet.

What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druitt is a valid suspect. but as I often say-all the "suspects" are weak. some are just less weak than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

You want to put a hand over your mouth, considering the ridiculing you have been dishing out with regard to The Baron's support of Dr Williams candidacy as Jack The Ripper.
      In reaction to The Baron ridiculing my very mild assertion that Druitt is a suspect (I must have missed your criticism of his disrespectful comments. Never mind though, you spotted mine that’s all that matters ) The point being that how can you ridicule a suspect named by the second most senior police officer in the country and yet think that Williams baseless assertions are valid. Your comments are based on personal animosity for some reason Observer.
      Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 04-04-2019, 07:30 PM.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Piffle
        That comment was tongue-in-cheek. I should have added an ill admit. You appear to have had a humour bypass where I’m concerned. Strange that
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It can't be proven, that's the point, you're in a win win situation.
          I’ve hardly manipulated or engineered the fact that it cannot be proven that Mackenzie, Coles and the Torso’s were ripper victims. It’s simply a fact. I’ve no issue if some believes that they were. It’s simple reason to say that they can’t be used to exonerate Druitt. Someone can say that they believe those women were killed by the ripper It’s therefore their opinion that Druitt couldn’t have been the ripper.

It doesn’t get simpler.
          Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 04-04-2019, 07:31 PM.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Wish thinking? It's wishful thinking if you believe that Druitt murdered Chapman at 5:30 in the morning then nonchalantly disposed of her womb and uterus, before cleaning up and strolling down to Blackheath for a jolly game of cricket. Get real.
            If all crime solving were so simple. We’re talking about a serial killer not Geoffrey Boycott. Serial killers don’t conform to behavioural norms. Could Druitt have murdered Chapman and gone on to play cricket? Without a shadow of a doubt.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

In reaction to The Baron ridiculing my very mild assertion that Druitt is a suspect (I must have missed your criticism of his disrespectful comments. Never mind though, you spotted mine that’s all that matters ) The point being that how can you ridicule a suspect named by the second most senior police officer in the country and yet think that Williams baseless assertions are valid. Your comments are based on personal animosity for some reason Observer.

I challenge you to show me where I did said Williams theory is valid or if I ever supported it.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
                .........- but would JTR really have chosen that night for his street-prowling if he knew he had to take the pitch just a few hours later? I would also suggest that this is a point Macnaghten is unlikely to have been aware of unless he carried out a thorough examination of Druitt's movements.

Does anyone agree / disagree?
                We don't know how many nights he went on the prowl, we only know the nights he was successful.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

He was disrespectful? I'd say you were a little too sensitive in reality.

Comment

That comment was tongue-in-cheek. I should have added an ill admit. You appear to have had a humour bypass where I’m concerned. Strange that
                    A question mark would have helped, I'm not a fan of those smilie faces, they're a bit childish. However you're not know for your sense of humour around these parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Not that tight, timewise, really, with over 5 hours to play with. It was barely 6 miles from Hanbury Street to Blackheath; even if there were no trains running that early, he could have had a leisurely two-hour walk and been home (well, at the school) in time to clean up, cook and eat breakfast (whatever that consisted of) and still have had plenty of time to don his whites and stroll over to the heath before the toss.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's far from impossible, chronologically speaking.
                      I don't know why people keep saying the time as tight, they only need to locate Blackheath (Red marker) on a map, just south of the river.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I’ve hardly manipulated or engineered the fact that it cannot be proven that Mackenzie, Coles and the Torso’s were ripper victims. It’s simply a fact. I’ve no issue if some believes that they were. It’s simple reason to say that they can’t be used to exonerate Druitt. Someone can say that they believe those women were killed by the ripper It’s therefore their opinion that Druitt couldn’t have been the ripper.

It doesn’t get simpler.
                        No it couldn't be simpler, a win win situation for Druitt enthusiasts.

Comment

..a suspect named by the second most senior police officer in the country .
                          Ostrog?!

Based on YOUR definition, Druitt is as vaild a suspect as Ostrog.

The Baron

Comment

You want to put a hand over your mouth, considering the ridiculing you have been dishing out with regard to The Baron's support of Dr Williams candidacy as Jack The Ripper.
                            I believe you meant the poster Stacker, not the Baron. and whos Dr Williams as a candidate for the ripper? Williams is the THEORIST not the suspect, no?

Comment

More likely they investigated him shortly after his body was found. The initial reports with regard to Druitt suggested he was a doctor. Doctors had featured earlier in the investigation so it's possible that when the fact came to light that Druitt had entered the water shortly after the murder of Kelly a certain police officer had a light bulb moment and an investigation began into Druitt. Enter Macnaghten
                              There's no indication Druitt's suicide even came to their attention, it was only in the local press.
                              From what we read it wasn't until after mid 1889, according to Mac., when theories began to surface. By then too much time had passed.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I don't know why people keep saying the time as tight, they only need to locate Blackheath (Red marker) on a map, just south of the river.

Hi Wick
                                well for my part-Ididnt mean tight as in physically impossible tight. of course there was enough time to kill chapman and get to the game on time. I meant tight as in going on to play cricket the morning after committing a murder, in which you've also procured a womb as a trophy and to bring it home. psychologically tight time wise perhaps? as in post mortem serial killers like to have time after a kill with their goodies, and killers in general a lot of times miss work, events etc. after a kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X