What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Not that tight, timewise, really, with over 5 hours to play with. It was barely 6 miles from Hanbury Street to Blackheath; even if there were no trains running that early, he could have had a leisurely two-hour walk and been home (well, at the school) in time to clean up, cook and eat breakfast (whatever that consisted of) and still have had plenty of time to don his whites and stroll over to the heath before the toss.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's far from impossible, chronologically speaking.
    It's highly highly unlikely

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

Glad you're merely shooting the breeze, but what would Druitt be doing in Whirechapel at 5:30 in the morning?
      Obviously he was trying to "cure" his homosexuality by picking up prostitutes... which didn't go too well.

Comment

How on earth can you categorically prove that Mackenzie was a Ripper victim ! What a ridiculous statement

I don’t think that this is the first time that you’ve jumped into a thread to try a ridicule a post of mine. There’s obviously something that rankles with you about me.

Theres nothing ridiculous about the statement. The point that was being made was that if the ripper killed Mackenzie, Coles and the Torso victims then Druitt can be discounted. My response was that unless it can be proven that Mackenzie, Coles and the Torso victims were killed by the ripper then that argument is invalid. Simple.

You should let personal stuff cloud your judgment.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Glad you're merely shooting the breeze, but what would Druitt be doing in Whirechapel at 5:30 in the morning?
          Killing Annie Chapman.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

It's highly highly unlikely
            Wish thinking.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
              ‘The police were searching for him alive, when he turned up dead.’[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
              More likely they investigated him shortly after his body was found. The initial reports with regard to Druitt suggested he was a doctor. Doctors had featured earlier in the investigation so it's possible that when the fact came to light that Druitt had entered the water shortly after the murder of Kelly a certain police officer had a light bulb moment and an investigation began into Druitt. Enter Macnaghten
              Last edited by Observer; 04-04-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

There is no evidence that he rented rooms in Whitechapel during the terror.
                No one is saying that he definitely did but it’s definitely a possibility, he definitely could have afforded to and there’s definately no evidence that he didn’t.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I don’t think that this is the first time that you’ve jumped into a thread to try a ridicule a post of mine. There’s obviously something that rankles with you about me.

Theres nothing ridiculous about the statement. The point that was being made was that if the ripper killed Mackenzie, Coles and the Torso victims then Druitt can be discounted. My response was that unless it can be proven that Mackenzie, Coles and the Torso victims were killed by the ripper then that argument is invalid. Simple.

You want to put a hand over your mouth, considering the ridiculing you have been dishing out with regard to The Baron's support of Dr Williams candidacy as Jack The Ripper.

Comment

It can't be proven, that's the point, you're in a win win situation.

Comment

Killing Annie Chapman.
                      Piffle

Comment

Wish thinking.
                        Wish thinking? It's wishful thinking if you believe that Druitt murdered Chapman at 5:30 in the morning then nonchalantly disposed of her womb and uterus, before cleaning up and strolling down to Blackheath for a jolly game of cricket. Get real.

Comment

No one is saying that he definitely did but it’s definitely a possibility, he definitely could have afforded to and there’s definately no evidence that he didn’t.
                          I'm afraid it's up to you to prove he did, if you want others to believe that was the case. However, are you seriously suggesting that Druiit, should he want to rent a room, with his plum in the mouth accent in the volatile East End during the terror would not be a figure of suspicion. No one was above suspicion. Druitt would have stuck out like a sore thumb in that environment. Whats-more the East End murderer knew that area like the back of his hand, I doubt Druitt did. There's also the testimony of Mr's Long who stated that the man she saw with Chapman was a foreigner, bear in mind that she heard the man talk to Chapman, she obviously did not detect an upper classaccent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Obviously he was trying to "cure" his homosexuality by picking up prostitutes... which didn't go too well.
                            Indeed. Apparently when Chapman was discovered it was found that rather than two halfpennies being placed on her eyes it was two cricket balls.

Apologies for the macabre sense of humour
                            Last edited by Observer; 04-04-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Yet elsewhere you have Hutchinson, your prime suspect, molesting a couple of school-boys down in Australia!?

And what of Feigenbaum's sexuality? He was getting on in years, yet left his estate to his sister. What ho, no wife nor kids? And in the merchant marines?

Or do these rather idle speculations only apply to MJD?

No offense intended, just sayin'
                              none taken its a valid point.

"Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post

Just shooting the breeze for a moment, but if Druitt had been in Whitechapel and was heading for the railway station when he ran into Chapman in Hanbury Street, might he not have unthinkingly taken advantage of a fortuitous chance meeting? Perhaps it was purely by luck that he got back to Blackheath in time to play cricket.
                                I don't believe Druitt was the killer Paul but to be fair he could have been heading for the station nearby when he encountered Polly as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X