Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

    And so we can pick and choose when the police are being honest and competent and when they are being dishonest and useless?
    The facts dictate the answer to your question, and misleading is a better term than dishonest.

    www.trevormarriott.co.uk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by PaulB View Post

      Trevor,
      Could you help me to get a better handle on what you are saying and identify the 'the front sheet of the Scotland yard file on the ripper which sets out all the murders' that you are often referring to? Ta.
      The front sheet refers to The Whitechapel murders which I am sure you are familiar with its not named the Ripper file thats the term I use

      www.trevormarriott.co.uk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

        The front sheet refers to The Whitechapel murders which I am sure you are familiar with its not named the Ripper file thats the term I use

        www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        I don't have my copy of the files, Trevor, so I can't check what the front page actually says. I'm just interested to know to what you are referring. Can you briefly describe it?

        Comment


        • here you go !

          www.trevormarriott.co.uk Click image for larger version

Name:	Murders Front Sheet Met Police File SMALL.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	704952

          Comment


          • I totally agree with Paul Begg and others that Druitt must be regarded as a serious suspect. Personally, I also find the idea of an upper middle-class JTR more interesting and intriguing than, say, someone with Aaron Kosminski's background. But one point has always seriously bothered me - we know for a fact that Druitt was playing cricket at 11.30am in Blackheath on the morning of September 8. This was roughly six hours after the murder of Annie Chapman. Yes, it's physically possible for him to have covered the distance - but would JTR really have chosen that night for his street-prowling if he knew he had to take the pitch just a few hours later? I would also suggest that this is a point Macnaghten is unlikely to have been aware of unless he carried out a thorough examination of Druitt's movements.

            Does anyone agree / disagree?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              Many thanks, Trevor, but I thought that document was found among Swanson's personal papers?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                thanks for sharing Trevor!
                whats that last name on the list? under alleged murders?
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

                -Edgar Allan Poe


                "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                -Frederick G. Abberline

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
                  I totally agree with Paul Begg and others that Druitt must be regarded as a serious suspect. Personally, I also find the idea of an upper middle-class JTR more interesting and intriguing than, say, someone with Aaron Kosminski's background. But one point has always seriously bothered me - we know for a fact that Druitt was playing cricket at 11.30am in Blackheath on the morning of September 8. This was roughly six hours after the murder of Annie Chapman. Yes, it's physically possible for him to have covered the distance - but would JTR really have chosen that night for his street-prowling if he knew he had to take the pitch just a few hours later? I would also suggest that this is a point Macnaghten is unlikely to have been aware of unless he carried out a thorough examination of Druitt's movements.

                  Does anyone agree / disagree?
                  Do you think he would have thought about it?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
                    But one point has always seriously bothered me - we know for a fact that Druitt was playing cricket at 11.30am in Blackheath on the morning of September 8.

                    Does anyone agree / disagree?
                    What's the alternative to him just going about his day? Pumped full of adrenaline, et cetera? Can you sleep after doing that to someone?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
                      I totally agree with Paul Begg and others that Druitt must be regarded as a serious suspect. Personally, I also find the idea of an upper middle-class JTR more interesting and intriguing than, say, someone with Aaron Kosminski's background. But one point has always seriously bothered me - we know for a fact that Druitt was playing cricket at 11.30am in Blackheath on the morning of September 8. This was roughly six hours after the murder of Annie Chapman. Yes, it's physically possible for him to have covered the distance - but would JTR really have chosen that night for his street-prowling if he knew he had to take the pitch just a few hours later? I would also suggest that this is a point Macnaghten is unlikely to have been aware of unless he carried out a thorough examination of Druitt's movements.

                      Does anyone agree / disagree?
                      hi Andrew
                      agree. its one of my main issues with Druitt as a suspect. Times are just too tight, especially since he wasn't even local (ie-lived in WC)
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

                      -Edgar Allan Poe


                      "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                      -Frederick G. Abberline

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Takod View Post

                        What's the alternative to him just going about his day? Pumped full of adrenaline, et cetera? Can you sleep after doing that to someone?
                        hi Takod
                        my issue with this is twofold:

                        one-post mortem types usually after a kill like to do stuff with their trophies after ward, and plan accordingly. and killers, if they do make a kill, usually miss the next days work, event etc.

                        second-again the times tight. he would have to have gone to a private place, get cleaned up stash chapmans internal organ and then make it to the game.
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

                        -Edgar Allan Poe


                        "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                        -Frederick G. Abberline

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                          thanks for sharing Trevor!
                          whats that last name on the list? under alleged murders?
                          Reference to Rose Mylett

                          www.trevormarriott.co.uk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

                            hi Takod
                            my issue with this is twofold:

                            one-post mortem types usually after a kill like to do stuff with their trophies after ward, and plan accordingly. and killers, if they do make a kill, usually miss the next days work, event etc.

                            second-again the times tight. he would have to have gone to a private place, get cleaned up stash chapmans internal organ and then make it to the game.
                            Yes that's a legitimate thorn in the paw, but if what he wanted to do was eat the organ, then he could have had a nice breakfast and went on to the game.

                            This still doesn't answer the missing work concept. I'm not sure I have an answer for that.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                              As a general rule, for a candidate to be perceived as viable for the killings, he must tick one or both out of these boxes:

                              1. He was suspected by the contemporary police, or

                              2. He has a record of violence to his name.
                              I seem to remember that you generally favor the theory that Lechmere was the Ripper. Neither of these 2 would seem to fit for him based on what we know, unless we were to count the fact that he was quite clearly violent towards animals on his job, which would make sense, as modern day research has shown that many serial killers start out as animal abusers at some point.

                              Lechmere is definitely an interesting theory in my view, he is definitely in the top 3 theories. I am also willing to consider an alternate theory of Lechmere as someone who interrupted the killer in addition to the theory that Lechmere was the killer. I believe that the chances of neither of these theories being true is very low.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

                                Reference to Rose Mylett

                                www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                                The full entry reads:

                                "Rose Mylett alias
                                Catherine Millett alias
                                _______ Davis"
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                                "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X