Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
    GIF from your film doesn't work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ab Normal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	740784
    yes thats where my nickname comes from. was also the name of our band in high school. great movie and very funny scene IMHO

lol. "do not use this brain" hahaha
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

It's from the Daily News of 1st Oct.

Michael is getting annoyed at being called out for not telling the truth. He continues with the deception by inserting quotation marks in a press report which does not contain any such quotes.

To Michael

This isn't very smart Michael, as anyone can pull up the Daily News copy here on Casebook and check for themselves.

However, we can go a step further and look at the original in the British Newspaper Archives.
      Like this:

Notice, NO quotation marks when Kozebrodski begins speaking, nor at the end.

So, are we just reading paraphrase offered in the first-person, by the reporter? Or is it verbatim, and the editor forgot to include quotation marks?
      We don't know, but the interview with Charles Letchford does include quotation marks, both in the Casebook copy & the original held at the B.N.A.

Ask yourself this Michael.
      How can the Daily News & The London Evening News both print a verbatim interview with Kozebrodski, and yet both interviews use different words?
      They can't - because the Daily News is paraphrase, like all the rest. You, put the quotes in to try con the reader, and worse than that, to try con someone who actually checks things.
      Something you might want to start doing yourself for a change.

When anyone intentionally deceives the reader they need to be called out on it.
      The only copy we have of an interview presented in verbatim with Isaac Kozebrodski is in the London Evening News - I know Michael because I already looked months ago when you tried to pull this stunt before.

Ahh, the bastion of accurate and reliable reporting that is/was The Daily News.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

fe fi fo fum
        i smell the bloode of a Juwishman

quite alot of speculation, analysis and a debate for a clue that is worthless
        Given the spelling reflects the old English reference to Jews, it might be argued the graffiti was the product of an educated mind.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Given the spelling reflects the old English reference to Jews, it might be argued the graffiti was the product of an educated mind.
          Definitely.

Would a deep student of philosophy,especially Spinoza,fit the bill?
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• The time elapsed from the murder to the discovery of the apron section, based on the statement of the officer patrolling Goulston, allows for the observation that the apron section was placed purposefully at that location, and not dropped casually on the way home. A location known well to local jews and at the entranceway to some "Model" dwellings that were occupied almost exclusively by jews. Not only is the symbolism there hard to miss, when paired with a message right above it that is about jews, one must wonder whether on that night in particular there was reason to blame jews for something. The first murder of the night comes immediately to mind for me.

If one assumes, like most do, that both Stride and Eddowes were killed by the same person, then any message is just a reflection of anti-Semitism and not about who killed whom. If one ponders the possibility that the Stride murder was not a "Ripper" murder....which seems obvious by the physical evidence alone, then the message and the purposeful placement become important evidence. Because the most obvious suspects for Strides murder, since almost every witness states how quiet the street was and only 1 witness saw anyone on it between 12:40 and 1, are the men still on the premises. I believe 30 is the accepted number still there...20-30 anyway.

There is no outside corroboration for the clubs staff member witnesses other than others on staff, and there are 3 club attendees and 1 outside witness that directly contradict some of those singular claims. They do however match each other by timing and observations. By those accounts a few men were gathered around the dying woman, including Louis, at approx 12:40-12:45. Seems to me, since we dont hear about Louis and Eagle going for help until after 1, it is perhaps justified to suggest they bore blame in the death...by virtue of the delay in getting help. Not likely they could have saved her, but 15-20 minutes is a long time to bleed out.
            Michael Richards

Comment

• maybe the ripper really wrote Jutes. you now because he was a saxon.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Ironically,Juwes was a Frisian word for Jews.
                Jutland was on the North Frisian coast.

New brain up and running.
                Congrats

Comment

• Assuming, of course, Jewes wasn't the correct transcription.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                    Assuming, of course, Jewes wasn't the correct transcription.
                    It's also in the book!
                    The spelling Jewes was an alternate in the 14th century, it's mentioned in the Piers Plowman book I gave the link to.
                    Back in those days, spelling was not rigidly observed as it is today (before texting, which is setting spelling back decades), so they could use Jewes or Juwes, phonetically it was the same.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

It's also in the book!
                      The spelling Jewes was an alternate in the 14th century, it's mentioned in the Piers Plowman book I gave the link to.
                      Back in those days, spelling was not rigidly observed as it is today (before texting, which is setting spelling back decades), so they could use Jewes or Juwes, phonetically it was the same.
                      "Juwes" seems more esoteric of the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by miakaal4 View Post
                        This has probably been well covered already, but it seems that the killer dropped Cate Eddows apron in front of the "JUWES" writing so that the police would see it. This allows me to ask your views on two things; 1. Could he have written the message BEFORE the murder? Perhaps writing on a wall after the balloon had gone up, so to speak was a bit risky? 2. If he wanted the police to read it, then there must be a cryptic message within? I cannot believe it was an antisemitic rant or a political statement.
                        The apron was not dropped.
                        It was carefully placed on the ground, and at the time, was wrapped around a human kidney.
                        The location had been predetermined by JtR and the intended recipient of the organ.
                        The recipient removed the kidney from the apron, and placed it in a less conspicuous container (one without blood and faeces on it), and left the apron in situ.
                        The chalked message was written by Jack, with the intention it be read by the organ recipient.
                        The organ removal was a rush job, and the message is supposed to convey that this was not all Jack's fault - some of the blame lies with a few Jewish men...
                        Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Written in chalk too so maybe a schoolteacher/Barrister
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

The apron was not dropped.
                            It was carefully placed on the ground, and at the time, was wrapped around a human kidney.
                            The location had been predetermined by JtR and the intended recipient of the organ.
                            The recipient removed the kidney from the apron, and placed it in a less conspicuous container (one without blood and faeces on it), and left the apron in situ.
                            The chalked message was written by Jack, with the intention it be read by the organ recipient.
                            The organ removal was a rush job, and the message is supposed to convey that this was not all Jack's fault - some of the blame lies with a few Jewish men...
                            Were you there?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• He was wearing a very clever disguise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panto Horse.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	740960

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Were you there?
                                Compared to you, yes.
                                Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X