escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    I know where there are plenty of escape tunnels...trouble is that GUT, despite being a splendid sort of chappy, has this down-under sense of inferiority which alas affects all his decisions...

Could you perhaps counter this complex by suggesting that six inch australasian measurements are replaced by sesquipedalian calculations....
    I know what you mean, Dave. It even pulls the Poms who live here, down as well. Some of us are no longer certain that, as English people, we are always right. After a cricket whitewash we are even afraid to go out of doors. It's very debilitating.

And poor GUT has lived here all his life. How down must he feel?
    Mick Reed

Whatever happened to scepticism?

Comment

• And poor GUT has lived here all his life. How down must he feel?
      Bl00dy wonderful, truth be told.

How else can you feel if you're an Aussie.

The last POM in my family to come here was about 1850's.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Bl00dy wonderful, truth be told.

How else can you feel if you're an Aussie.

The last POM in my family to come here was about 1850's.
        Ha ha.

Gut on yer, mate!
        Mick Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by mickreed View Post
          Ha ha.

Gut on yer, mate!
          And Mick did you see all the carry on about the shirt with the flag that woolies won't sell. It's got a message for ya'
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I know where there are plenty of escape tunnels...trouble is that GUT, despite being a splendid sort of chappy, has this down-under sense of inferiority which alas affects all his decisions...
            Also, Dave, we shouldn't be too hard on GUT. There's a good chance his lot looked down on my lot in Dorset, when JtR was just a twinkle in his daddy's eye.
            Mick Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              And Mick did you see all the carry on about the shirt with the flag that woolies won't sell. It's got a message for ya'
              Trouble is, GUT. I do love it.
              Mick Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by mickreed View Post
                Trouble is, GUT. I do love it.
                Good man. Just sent a PM
                G U T

Comment

• [QUOTE=Archaic;316323]Hi Carol.

If by "jump" you mean I'll beat him up and take his wallet... ....well, you know my specialty is assassination. And I'm trying to conserve the arsenic... plus he seems like a nice enough guy. But oh what the heck, OK, since it's for a good cause.

Hello Bunny, old girl,

I just said that to give the Anzac boy something to look forward to. I don't want you to hurt him. Just 'jump' on him. That's all. He seems to think that it's something he's been missing all these years.

Your silver trowel sounds really nice. We could do with some magic around here.

Carol

Comment

Hi Carol

Could you perhaps counter this complex by suggesting that six inch australasian measurements are replaced by sesquipedalian calculations....
                    Hello old chap,

Um... Ah... Um... Pardon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
                      Hello old chap,

Um... Ah... Um... Pardon?
                      It's me again.

Just looked up that 's' word of yours and if you think I'm going to say that to GUT you're very much mistaken! Dear oh dear oh dear.

Comment

• Sorry for my lack of input old chaps but I'm having chronic marital problems at the moment in fact terminal might be a better word take care keep digging and I will be in contact soon
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                          Sorry for my lack of input old chaps but I'm having chronic marital problems at the moment in fact terminal might be a better word take care keep digging and I will be in contact soon
                          All the best old son, we will dig for you.
                          G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
                            Cissie says she would love a pair of black fishnet stockings, seamed, with one garter in red lace. Dolly would appreciate it very much if you could bring the ingredients for a Manhattan. I was wondering if you could get me some of those new-fangled teabags that I read about just before the start of this latest shing-dig. There are some called 'English Breakfast'. The tea we get here at the Café Wilhelm is absolutely awful.

You're so kind to us. (from Cissie), (from Dolly) and from me.
                            There you are ladies... sorry it took so long.. I had to be a hero for others as well... oh sometimes it's hard being an American...by the way ask Cissie if the garter I got her is even better.. why just red lace when she could have Red White and Blue... all american garters!!

Steadmund Brand
                            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Sorry for my lack of input old chaps but I'm having chronic marital problems at the moment in fact terminal might be a better word take care keep digging and I will be in contact soon
                              Best of luck...we are always here for ya if needed!!

Steadmund Brand
                              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Good afternoon, sir,

Cissie, Dolly and I are very sorry to hear of your current dilemma and we want you to know that we are thinking of you and hope that things turn out for the best.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X