• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    The debate still rages!!!!!!!!!
    And you know what that makes it with over 1/4 million views and 3,200 posts
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      And you know what that makes it with over 1/4 million views and 3,200 posts
      Just wait till my books finished I'm just got to finish making a few more facts up and its ready I think the octopus angle will raise a few eyebrows as will the seventh cavalry angle but I'm not to sure how bigfoot will go down and people can't argue with the d.n.a results from the y fronts.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi..
        I have posted for the last fifteen years on this subject[ Casebook], and been addicted for some 49 years [ minimum] but the case has gone nowhere,its getting nowhere . but the sublime ridiculous ...Its time I hung up my old worn gloves, and retired to the pensioner section of Ripperology.
        Thanks for the good times, I shall not withdraw my membership. but will not contribute any more to this Site...until such time [ in my lifetime, hopefully]] it is proven beyond doubt who the killer was..
        Thanks to all the people I have corresponded with en-route over the years.
        Best regards , and fingers crossed.
        Richard Nunweek.

Comment

Don't do it Richard! It was Henry DeFries.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
            Hi..
            I have posted for the last fifteen years on this subject[ Casebook], and been addicted for some 49 years [ minimum] but the case has gone nowhere,its getting nowhere . but the sublime ridiculous ...Its time I hung up my old worn gloves, and retired to the pensioner section of Ripperology.
            Thanks for the good times, I shall not withdraw my membership. but will not contribute any more to this Site...until such time [ in my lifetime, hopefully]] it is proven beyond doubt who the killer was..
            Thanks to all the people I have corresponded with en-route over the years.
            Best regards , and fingers crossed.
            Richard Nunweek.
            Stay..... was very impressed with your posts about Maxwell
            Last edited by pinkmoon; 09-20-2014, 02:52 PM.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I think we can use what Richard has just posted as good example why people shouldn't get carried away with half baked ideas when the defence of its ok it attracts a lot of newcomers to casebook it also puts a lot of members of who then end up leaving which is very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                After weeks of boredom on here with only the exciting debate about cross/lechmere to stop us from having to watch paint dry it is now no longer boring we now have shawlgate to stimulate us .Getting ready for thousands of posts between people accusing each other of bending facts we are bound to have some people announcing their departure on pub talk.This going to run and run it is, no longer boring on here officially.UPDATE .....my wife things it might be true or it might not be true I can feel the tension and drama rising already.
                I was right!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok... I went to the store and THEY ARE ALL OUT OF BLACK JELLY BEANS!!! and they said, they may not get any more in.....something strange is going on.... I think it's a conspiracy... but I can't prove anything yet.....

Steadmund Brand---
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Ummm

Yes it is boring all over again 314.1c -= 315.1c and

If you were a witness you must have committed murder, mmmmm. and

125 years later we can't find you so you are a liar.

Seems that's all I read about.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

As typical of myself, I have to be writing this at nearly 4:40 A.M. on Sunday, October 27th, after reading it. I always come late these days.

I gave up on the Kosminski book the moment they started talking about DNA proof. We'd been through that with the Sickert book (remember the traces of DNA from saliva on letters or envelopes or something like that).

HOW AFTER 126 YEARS DOES ANY SENSIBLE PERSON THINK WE CAN TRACE DNA EVIDENCE EVEN WITH THE TECHNOLOGY OF 2014!!!!

If I recall they were still arguing about DNA evidence regarding the Hanratty A6 Murder, and that one was only fifty four years ago!

To me it was a waste of time to try this with that shawl - time better spent accurately tracing the age and provenance of the shawl. But it made such a convincing case to some people - after all, Kosminski was one of the actually named suspects of Sir Melville's memorandum. Unlike Sickert (whose sole previous habit vis-à-vis the Whitechapel Case was to talk about it with friends over dinner) Kosminski actually was someone of interest to the police. This kind of logic frightens me to some extent. If we had all of the actual police records for 1888-1891 we might find hundreds of names to pick up on and pin the blame on.

Besides, wasn't there an issue about which Kosminski was the suspect? I seem to remember Aaron was one of two possible Kosminskis.

On another thread my real spleen was revealed because in the initial rush of "OOHS" and "OHS" and "AHHS" about the new book, an actually important historical relic was found in the waters of northern Canada that was involved with an older mystery: the fate of the Franklin Expedition of 1845-1859? They found that Inuit testimony as to the sinking of the two vessels off King William's Island was true - they found the HMS Erebus under water. That was far more substantial than shawls and questionable DNA. But nobody (outside of Canada, and people like myself who like the study of historical expeditions) cared. After all, the loss of 123 men is less important that if some shawl belonged to one of the Ripper's victims or not.

By the way Gut - I like black (licorice) flavored jelly beans too.

Jeff (apologizing for an explosion of disgust and anger)

Comment

G'day Jeff

One slight correction.

Sunday is the 26th or it better be or I am in deep doo doo, if you get my drift, because I missed someone's birthday.
                        G U T

Comment

And I do agree about Franklin.

Also I find it almost humorous that the Intuits accounts were all bus dismissed but it appears were spot on, funny that?

And I love all things aniseed.
                          G U T

Comment

I cared. Even though I'm an Aussie not Canadian I've been waiting every year for over twenty five years for a discovery like that of the finding of the Erebus. Now, hopefully, more relics will be recovered.

Comment

Hi Gut,

You were right about the date, but at 4:45 A.M. my mind is barely functioning about calendar matters.

Rosella, I just checked up on the internet. They are hoping to make another dive to the wreck (there was a nice photo of a diver examining some of the "Erebus" timbers) and a longer visit is planned in the spring. I keep forgetting at times of Sir John and Tasmania, but thanks for reminding me again.

Now if they could only find Harold Lassiter.

Maybe we ought to start a thread on "Missing Person/Objects" in "Social Chats". Think Michael Rockefeller, Amelia Earhart, Mr. Hoffa, Judge Joseph Force Crater, or the "Waratah", the dirigible "Dixmude". It might be worth discussing, especially as many aren't exactly homicides (pace Hoffa, maybe Crater).

Gut, you are dead on about that nobody believed the actual surviving eye-witnesses because (HORROR OF HORRORS) they were not English or even European but ... natives! You know they don't know what's going on in front of their own eyes...anyone can tell you that!!!!

Now transcribe that kind of prejudice to a snobbery about the denizens of Whitechapel and you may have some idea of what went wrong 126 years ago - and it wasn't about a shawl!!!

Jeff

Comment

G'day Jeff

Gut, you are dead on about that nobody believed the actual surviving eye-witnesses because (HORROR OF HORRORS) they were not English or even European but ... natives! You know they don't know what's going on in front of their own eyes...anyone can tell you that!!!!

In my experience if I had to trust a "True" native v a European, I know who I'd pick and be right 9/10 on an issue of eye witness accounts.

These people survived by observation.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X