its no longer boring....shawlgate!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urgent update

My wife has spoken she thinks this whole shawl business is giving jack the ripper a bad name !
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I can't help feeling that things are looking grim for the Maybrick Watch.

Outdone by a table runner. The shame.

Comment

Never mind Mr Edwards ripper shop sells gourmet jack the ripper jelly beans.www.jacktherippertoursandstore.co.uk
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
          It did? Seriously?? Nah - surely not

As for Shawlgate - bound to be b******s. Anybody who doesn't immediately react with deep suspicion upon reading the phrase 'cutting edge techniques' in the Mail is too trusting by far.

But is the authenticity [or otherwise] event the point? The publicity around the shawl and the extraordinary claims made on its behalf pretty much guarantee book sales don't they? That's what it's all about.

Now, if only somebody could 'discover' a long-lost unwashed cloth-based trophy obtained from one of the victims and kept in an old shoe box in the attic of the maternal descendant of Crossmere's secret lovechild with Mary Kelly...

He wouldn't look so innocent then, would he??

I'm going back to the paint.

Hi Sally,

heartedly agree.
          Though for me it was already the word 'Daily Mail'. That one combined with anything it calls 'exclusive' = mooses*hite.
          And you're right, it'll work just fine...

It does provide for a slightly wonderful time reading the boards here, though...
          Just wish it'd be about something less obvious.

The paint, perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            Never mind Mr Edwards ripper shop sells gourmet jack the ripper jelly beans.www.jacktherippertoursandstore.co.uk
            Black ones?
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Why isn't the shawl mentioned in the Maybrick Diary?

Comment

It's fast getting boring again.

Same questions raised over and over and over again.

Don't people read what others have said before posting.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The lunatic Fringe havnt arrived yet we are bound to get people joining casebook in the next few days after buying this new book and of course they will fall hook line and sinker and will defend it to the hilt .........can't wait.

Comment

I think the shawl should next be tested for paint and comparisons made to samples from Sickert's paintings.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                      I think the shawl should next be tested for paint and comparisons made to samples from Sickert's paintings.
                      Or Van Gogh's.

Or even the water from the Thames.
                      G U T

Comment

I hope he brings out a range of gourmet pear drops .

Comment

I hope he brings out a range of gourmet pear drops .
                          What are pear drops?
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            What are pear drops?
                            Sweets my little possum....Mr Edwards shop sells gourmet jack the ripper jelly beans so I'm sure he could branch out into more popular sweets and make more money ...I've just had the d.n.a results back from Druitts yfronts and it looking good.

Comment

Sweets my little possum....Mr Edwards shop sells gourmet jack the ripper jelly beans so I'm sure he could branch out into more popular sweets and make more money ...I've just had the d.n.a results back from Druitts yfronts and it looking good.
                              So pear flavoured I presume.

Black Jelly Beans for me thanks.

Glad to hear your Y fronts are looking good.
                              G U T

Comment

My dearest gut,on a serious note I am absolutely appalled at this shawl business it is not fair that people are going to make a lot of money out of this we are asked to believe without any proof that this shawl was at the murder scene people are telling me it dates from 1902!!!!!!!!.I do hope the police intervene in this now before it gets out if hand and we have another diary fiasco on our hands THINGS LIKE THIS CHEAPEN THIS SUBJECT.
                                Last edited by pinkmoon; 09-09-2014, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X