its no longer boring....shawlgate!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    My dearest gut,on a serious note I am absolutely appalled at this shawl business it is not fair that people are going to make a lot of money out of this we are asked to believe without any proof that this shawl was at the murder scene people are telling me it dates from 1902!!!!!!!!.I do hope the police intervene in this now before it gets out if hand and we have another diary fiasco on our hands THINGS LIKE THIS CHEAPEN THIS SUBJECT.
    Very much so I'm afraid, but the police will not be interested. Every now and then a book comes out on Jack that I will want, but most of them are rubbish.

Probably the only positive is that it does seen to have increased interest, but I guess for the next few years everyone will say "Oh that's been solved". I know people to this day who think that the Royals did it!
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
      Why isn't the shawl mentioned in the Maybrick Diary?
      Because Kos hadn't got around to telling James before Mrs M offed him.

Simple really!
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        So pear flavoured I presume.

Black Jelly Beans for me thanks.

Glad to hear your Y fronts are looking good.
        Remember, I am going to make the US Olympic team for sitting in my chair eating black jelly beans.. I can't be beat!!!

USA USA USA hahah

by the way.. did they find any Yeti hair on the shawl?? I think Bigfoot may be involved somehow!!

Also on a serious note, I have had more phone calls and text messages in the past few days then I have in years... Everyone I ever met who knows I have spent many years in "Ripper interest" have been coming out of the woodwork to ask me if it's true... so on the plus side, it seems that most people aren't just believing this.. they want to find out more.. I'm sure there are many who will just say "case closed" but that happened afterr the movie version of From Hell came out.. remember? What this will do is make a few people a TON of money, and bring a whole new group of folks interested in learning more... and probably a Hollywood film... that doesn't even stick to the facts of the books it's is based on

Steadmund Brand--
        Last edited by Steadmund Brand; 09-09-2014, 10:33 AM.
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          Remember, I am going to make the US Olympic team for sitting in my chair eating black jelly beans.. I can't be beat!!!

USA USA USA hahah

by the way.. did they find any Yeti hair on the shawl?? I think Bigfoot may be involved somehow!!

Also on a serious note, I have had more phone calls and text messages in the past few days then I have in years... Everyone I ever met who knows I have spent many years in "Ripper interest" have been coming out of the woodwork to ask me if it's true... so on the plus side, it seems that most people aren't just believing this.. they want to find out more.. I'm sure there are many who will just say "case closed" but that happened afterr the movie version of From Hell came out.. remember? What this will do is make a few people a TON of money, and bring a whole new group of folks interested in learning more... and probably a Hollywood film... that doesn't even stick to the facts of the books it's is based on

Steadmund Brand--
          This Edwards guy is gonna make a load of dough out of this that ain't on.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

lunatic fringe

Wait till the lunatic Fringe get behind this we will have fireworks.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Wait till the lunatic Fringe get behind this we will have fireworks.
              I thought we were the lunatic fringe

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

No we are just strange and a bit deluded the lunatic Fringe will believe this totally and argue with us and call us names and finally leave casebook and announce it on pub talk any way it's no longer boring how are you enjoying Shawlgate?

Comment

No we are just strange and a bit deluded the lunatic Fringe will believe this totally and argue with us and call us names and finally leave casebook and announce it on pub talk any way it's no longer boring how are you enjoying Shawlgate?
                  well, first off, I would like to announce here that I will not be leaving casebook....

Shawlgate... it's been fun if not a bit crazy... I havent had a free moment since.....so many calls and what not....but worth it....nice to have people who have had no knowledge of this case.. ever, but know that I have been studying for over 20 years all of the sudden want to argue with me and tell me that I don't know anything...that it's just that I am closed minded etc...then I ask them... but if this is totally true.. how was the Queen involved??? hahaha

are you having as much fun with this as I am?

Steadmund Brand--

Comment

My wife thinks this business of the shawl is getting jack the ripper a bad name

Comment

I think Shawlgate's now become boring.

Comment

Never mind Mr Edwards ripper shop sells gourmet jack the ripper jelly beans.www.jacktherippertoursandstore.co.uk
                        Holy slithering christ on a crocodile! This is the tosser whose been quoted in the papers about he's going to going to put those tacky Ripper profiteers out of business? The putz selling the Jack the Ripper Jelly beans for twelve quid?

Flaming Nora, I need a drink now...
                        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                          Holy slithering christ on a crocodile! This is the tosser whose been quoted in the papers about he's going to going to put those tacky Ripper profiteers out of business? The putz selling the Jack the Ripper Jelly beans for twelve quid?

Flaming Nora, I need a drink now...
                          12 quid for jelly beans, now I love that damn things but he must be joking.

How about 3.5 for breath mints, my old company used to pay less than 50 cents a tin that's about 20p in pommy money.
                          G U T

Comment

12 quid for jelly beans, now I love that damn things but he must be joking.

How about 3.5 for breath mints, my old company used to pay less than 50 cents a tin that's about 20p in pommy money.
                            I could nip down to the Bulk Barn and grab a months supply of jellybeans (black and orange only) for half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                              I could nip down to the Bulk Barn and grab a months supply of jellybeans (black and orange only) for half of that.
                              Well f they're all black I might be interested but can get them for less here.
                              G U T

Comment

Well f they're all black I might be interested but can get them for less here.
                                Where's here? I'm tempted to move now

Comment

Working...
                                X