Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    But as I said, it’s too late now as no one has the will to do anything. We surrendered the country years ago and if you express regret for the loss of your own country and its identity and history you get yells of ‘racist.’ How have we come to this tragic, warped state of affairs?
    As some will know I have a Polish better half and she has been here about 18 years. Poland was in a bad way in the 80s and has struggled to be a better place. 'You must go abroad to find a better life' was instilled in them from a young age. So she did. We are both certainly thinking about going back haha for the same reason.
    I agree with Herlock, I hate if you have anything slightly off to say about immigration you are a racist. That is totally wrong. And I do personally feel, even in the NE of England where immigration is probably at it's lowest feel a second class citizen in my own country. Funny you go to Poland there are hardly any and I mean nearly zero Muslims there. Why because they are not allowed to build mosques. It's a Catholic country and the people will not allow the country to lose it's identity. Ours has gone.
    Case in point for the first time in a few years I was in Whitechapel in Feb. I was absolutely shocked. My mate and myself where probably the only white chaps walking up the main road. This is England's capital city. The road signs, the Tube signs all in Arabic. I mean what? I wonder what would happen if I went to a Muslim country and wanted to build a Catholic Church and change all the road signs to include English? The reason multiculturalism does not work is because the immigrants won't let it work. If they come to England they should adopt our values but they refuse so in essence destroy England as it was before they came, they are taking away our identity - this is what is wrong.
    So no I'm not against immigration, of course I'm not but I am against the idea it's a one way street and I'm very against if you stand up against it you are deemed racist. Yes we know it can go hand in hand but not in all cases. And do not get me started on refugees... that is wrong on all sorts of levels.
    Jesus good job Ed is banned from here ain't it

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

As some will know I have a Polish better half and she has been here about 18 years. Poland was in a bad way in the 80s and has struggled to be a better place. 'You must go abroad to find a better life' was instilled in them from a young age. So she did. We are both certainly thinking about going back haha for the same reason.
      I agree with Herlock, I hate if you have anything slightly off to say about immigration you are a racist. That is totally wrong. And I do personally feel, even in the NE of England where immigration is probably at it's lowest feel a second class citizen in my own country. Funny you go to Poland there are hardly any and I mean nearly zero Muslims there. Why because they are not allowed to build mosques. It's a Catholic country and the people will not allow the country to lose it's identity. Ours has gone.
      Case in point for the first time in a few years I was in Whitechapel in Feb. I was absolutely shocked. My mate and myself where probably the only white chaps walking up the main road. This is England's capital city. The road signs, the Tube signs all in Arabic. I mean what? I wonder what would happen if I went to a Muslim country and wanted to build a Catholic Church and change all the road signs to include English? The reason multiculturalism does not work is because the immigrants won't let it work. If they come to England they should adopt our values but they refuse so in essence destroy England as it was before they came, they are taking away our identity - this is what is wrong.
      So no I'm not against immigration, of course I'm not but I am against the idea it's a one way street and I'm very against if you stand up against it you are deemed racist. Yes we know it can go hand in hand but not in all cases. And do not get me started on refugees... that is wrong on all sorts of levels.
      Jesus good job Ed is banned from here ain't it
      This is a genuinely outrageous xenophobic post. "The road signs, the Tube signs all in Arabic." It is sweeping statements like this I expect to here from my 80 year old boomer mum. With the standard, "I'm not racist but..." Along with people should adopt "our" values. What does that even mean??? Are there even any tube signs "all in Arabic"? There are lots of predominantly Muslim countries where Christians and Catholics live, and they worship in Christian Churches. Britain and its current "culture" has been built on the back of immigrants throughout hundreds if not thousands of years.

It's OK to question our immigration policy, the numbers and population sustainability etc... There is no place for this though.

Tab

Comment

Originally posted by Tab View Post

This is a genuinely outrageous xenophobic post. "The road signs, the Tube signs all in Arabic." It is sweeping statements like this I expect to here from my 80 year old boomer mum. With the standard, "I'm not racist but..." Along with people should adopt "our" values. What does that even mean??? Are there even any tube signs "all in Arabic"? There are lots of predominantly Muslim countries where Christians and Catholics live, and they worship in Christian Churches. Britain and its current "culture" has been built on the back of immigrants throughout hundreds if not thousands of years.

It's OK to question our immigration policy, the numbers and population sustainability etc... There is no place for this though.

Tab
        No place for what? Outrageous, give over. Snowflakes melting in the June heatwave. If I went to Poland, as suggested there is no way I'd expect people to talk to me in English, there is no way I'd expect the road signs to be Polish and English, there is no way I'd start to set up communities and not 'mix' with the Polish, there is no way I'd try and change Polish culture or inject my own. It's called respect and that is something that is sadly missing. And no I do not have one racist bone in my body but I do fear England's identity is being lost but obviously you are someone who gets offended by the least bit thing like 'words' and spouts the racist card when you actually probably do not know what it means. (You also need to look up the word 'all' because sometimes it does not mean what you think it does.)

I have a Polish wife and she come here to find work leaving a communist regime. First thing she did was learn the language. She had a job before she arrived. Not once has she demanded anyone to speak to her in Polish and that includes when her sister visits. Not once has she segregated with other Polish folk in the community and set up her own little clan. Not once has she wrote to the council and demanded that bus stations and road signs be changed to have Polish on them as well. Not once. She is an example of respect and how multiculturalism can work unfortunately other nationalities do not feel the same. So if you please do not tell me what I can and can't post.

The facts are multiculturalism is not working and the levels of immigration ARE putting huge strains on our NHS and welfare services and I'm saddened that our identity is being stripped away. But of course that is because I'm racist, what a load of bloody cobblers...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Percent_of_Catholics_by_Country–Pew_Research_2011_(no_legend).svg.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	836737

There are approx 1500 Mosques in England and 3228 Catholic Churches, there are 3 Mosques in Poland. The data seems not seem to back up your claim of Catholics/Christians living in Muslim countries, in fact is is less than 1%. So again who is at blame for multiculturalism not working?
        Attached Files

Comment

No place for what? Outrageous, give over. Snowflakes melting in the June heatwave. If I went to Poland, as suggested there is no way I'd expect people to talk to me in English, there is no way I'd expect the road signs to be Polish and English, there is no way I'd start to set up communities and not 'mix' with the Polish, there is no way I'd try and change Polish culture or inject my own. It's called respect and that is something that is sadly missing. And no I do not have one racist bone in my body but I do fear England's identity is being lost but obviously you are someone who gets offended by the least bit thing like 'words' and spouts the racist card when you actually probably do not know what it means. (You also need to look up the word 'all' because sometimes it does not mean what you think it does.)

I have a Polish wife and she come here to find work leaving a communist regime. First thing she did was learn the language. She had a job before she arrived. Not once has she demanded anyone to speak to her in Polish and that includes when her sister visits. Not once has she segregated with other Polish folk in the community and set up her own little clan. Not once has she wrote to the council and demanded that bus stations and road signs be changed to have Polish on them as well. Not once. She is an example of respect and how multiculturalism can work unfortunately other nationalities do not feel the same. So if you please do not tell me what I can and can't post.

The facts are multiculturalism is not working and the levels of immigration ARE putting huge strains on our NHS and welfare services and I'm saddened that our identity is being stripped away. But of course that is because I'm racist, what a load of bloody cobblers...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Percent_of_Catholics_by_Country–Pew_Research_2011_(no_legend).svg.jpg Views:	7 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	836737

There are approx 1500 Mosques in England and 3228 Catholic Churches, there are 3 Mosques in Poland. The data seems not seem to back up your claim of Catholics/Christians living in Muslim countries, in fact is is less than 1%. So again who is at blame for multiculturalism not working?
          Conversation over Geddy. As expected, the ‘racist’ bomb has been thrown.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Conversation over Geddy. As expected, the ‘racist’ bomb has been thrown.
            If this is aimed at me pushing back at the hyperbolic rage bait post reminiscent of something GB News would spew, then I guess I'm guilty. If you're happy for the discussion to proceed in that same vein, then more power to you.

I assume that as you have consoled Geddy on the lost cause that is this immigration discussion, you agree with everything he said in his post that I was replying to, it's that correct?

Tab

Comment

No place for what? Outrageous, give over. Snowflakes melting in the June heatwave.

​​​​​​......
              I think you sound Re-read what you wrote, I was only responding to what you actually said.

Show me evidence of a single street sign or tube sign in London that is written in Arabic. It's nonsense and designed solely to enrage. Your also said "the only white chaps waking up the main road", like that is some awful scene out of a horror movie. You said "I wonder what would happen if I went to a Muslim country and wanted to build a Catholic Church", which again is the ridiculous sort of argument a child would come up with. Indonesia is just over 10% catholic, same with Egypt, lots more...

All the best,

"Snowflake" Tab

Comment

If this is aimed at me pushing back at the hyperbolic rage bait post reminiscent of something GB News would spew, then I guess I'm guilty. If you're happy for the discussion to proceed in that same vein, then more power to you.

I assume that as you have consoled Geddy on the lost cause that is this immigration discussion, you agree with everything he said in his post that I was replying to, it's that correct?

Tab
                He gave an opinion. I see nothing wrong with giving an opinion. I see no hatred in anything that he said. His comments follow along the lines previously discussed of issues of a nations identity and culture. On when or if immigration can become too much and when it might occur and that rather than assimilation in some cases we get what might be described as ghettoes. And it’s about a massive percentage of the population expressing these concerns Tab and they are tiring of every discussion being closed down by a descent into accusations. This is why it’s perhaps best that the conversation ends.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Show me evidence of a single street sign or tube sign in London that is written in Arabic
                  Here you go, Whitechapel Tube, Whitechapel High Street, next door to the place Polly Nichols had her inquest...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	836753

Comment

Here you go, Whitechapel Tube, Whitechapel High Street, next door to the place Polly Nichols had her inquest...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipboard01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	836753

That's Bengali. Try again, waiting to see all these road and tube signs you saw in your visit.

Comment

He gave an opinion. I see nothing wrong with giving an opinion. I see no hatred in anything that he said. His comments follow along the lines previously discussed of issues of a nations identity and culture. On when or if immigration can become too much and when it might occur and that rather than assimilation in some cases we get what might be described as ghettoes. And it’s about a massive percentage of the population expressing these concerns Tab and they are tiring of every discussion being closed down by a descent into accusations. This is why it’s perhaps best that the conversation ends.
                      You only see opinion in what he said? Think you need glasses. I agree, immigration is a topic that needs discussing and addressing. I don't think it should be lowered to that sort of level. My 2 cents. Happy to leave it.

Comment

You only see opinion in what he said? Think you need glasses. I agree, immigration is a topic that needs discussing and addressing. I don't think it should be lowered to that sort of level. My 2 cents. Happy to leave it.
                        I see perfectly well Tab but I prefer to read the lines and not between them.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

That's Bengali. Try again, waiting to see all these road and tube signs you saw in your visit.
                          Apologies I'm not fluent in Arabic or Bengali. Regardless the point is the same it's not English and it's in England, London. You asked for one I gave you one. For what it's worth if you chose to live in another country you should have the decent respect to learn their language and not demand folks to bend and change their culture to suit your native country. I don't see this in many other countries I have visited, especially Poland. Fine have England your way... whatever that is. I just would prefer it not to lose it's identity and culture. Sorry if that is being racist but it's NOT and I absolutely in the strongest sense resent standing up for your own countries culture being classed as so, you should be ashamed.

Comment

How did know that a 'regardless, the point is the same' was coming.

Apologies I'm not fluent in Arabic or Bengali.
                            Well perhaps you should try harder when ranting on a public forum about immigration. The truth is you saw a twitter post or Facebook post stating the lie, it confirmed your evident bias, so you took it at face value and then repeated it for others to do the same.

You asked for one I gave you one.
                            No you didn't.

The rest of your post is the same nonsense. I'm taking Herlocks advice and leaving it alone.

All the best
                            Tab​

Comment

I lived for several years on the west coast of California. If you enter predominantly Asian communities to shop at their awesome shops or eat at their awesome restaurants, do not expect to see a single sign in English. Block after block of Chinese, Japanese and Korean billboards, storefronts and city owned signage. Completely disorienting for a white boy like me. It’s wonderful and amazing. Plus most of them can speak, read and write in English as well as in a few other languages in case you lose your way.

JM

Comment

And what’s not shown in the photo above of the Whitechapel Tube station is the identical sign to its left in the neighboring arch with ‘Whitechapel Station’ printed in English.

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X