Bible John (General Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Docker’s Last Hours

[KGVID poster=https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/thumbnails/thumbswm/FS_Pat-Docker-Recon_BDL19841_thumb1.jpg width=640 height=360]https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/proxy/FS_Pat-Docker-Recon_BDL19841.mp4[/KGVID]
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Jemima MacDonald’s Last Hours

[KGVID poster=https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/thumbnails/thumbswm/FS_Jemima_BDL19841_thumb1.jpg width=640 height=360]https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/proxy/FS_Jemima_BDL19841.mp4[/KGVID]
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• The Creation Of Bible John

[KGVID poster=https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/thumbnails/thumbswm/FS_Bible-john-Name_BD29317_thumb1.jpg width=640 height=360]https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/proxy/FS_Bible-john-Name_BD29317.mp4[/KGVID]
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Helen Puttock Reconstruction

[KGVID poster=https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/thumbnails/thumbswm/FS_Bible-john_-HelenBD29317_thumb1.jpg width=640 height=360]https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/proxy/FS_Bible-john_-HelenBD29317.mp4[/KGVID]
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Some interesting stuff in the STV archive Herlock.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
              Some interesting stuff in the STV archive Herlock.
              There is. It’s a pity that the one about the locations wasn’t more detailed though. It was interesting to hear in the Creation Of Bible John one from Johnstone that Beattie appears to have taken him up on his suggestion to subject Jean to hypnosis. I was under the impression that his suggestion had been dismissed.
              Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 08-11-2024, 03:00 PM.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Bible John DNA Test Negative

[KGVID poster=https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/thumbnails/thumbswm/FS_BibleJohnNegative_DVC12715_thumb1.jpg width=640 height=360]https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/proxy/FS_BibleJohnNegative_DVC12715.mp4[/KGVID]

Geoff Brown - Crime Correspondant:

“More promising perhaps in that department the Odontology which seemed to suggest that John McInnes certainly bit Helen Puttock….”

Where did he get that from?
                I've no idea!

That's just bizarre!

Comment

There is. It’s a pity that the one about the locations wasn’t more detailed though. It was interesting to hear in the Creation Of Bible John one from Johnstone that Beattie appears to have taken him up on his suggestion to subject Jean to hypnosis. I was under the impression that his suggestion had been dismissed.
                  Thanks for all the digging, Herlock.

Some of those old STV clips take me back!

What is it in relation to the locations that you would specifically like to see?

If I have time over the next couple of weeks it's easy enough for me to pop out, record some footage and post it.

Comment

• Hi Herlock and Cobalt. A point you both made has got me thinking and perhaps there is a discrepancy in the taxi drivers (Hannah) evidence. I may be mistaken but I thought the Blog suggests that the taxi was paid for by by Helen whilst still inside the cab, reaching to pay the driver. Later George Puttock states that Hannah said there was a separation between Helen and BJ with him sort of going after Helen. In other words Helen leaving the taxi first. This would seem to suggest BJ paid the fair.

If I get a taxi with my wife and I pay. She leaves the taxi and I settle the driver.

I will need to read this again as I am confusing myself but there seems a bit of confusion. Not sure if it means anything though.

NW

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Thanks for all the digging, Herlock.

Some of those old STV clips take me back!

What is it in relation to the locations that you would specifically like to see?

If I have time over the next couple of weeks it's easy enough for me to pop out, record some footage and post it.
                      Thanks for the offer Ms D. To be honest it’s mainly a wish that there was more footage/photographs from the time. Failing that, footage/photographs from later when the locations hadn’t changed. I’d certainly like to have seen behind number 95 Earl Street as it was.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                        According to Jeannie, BJ was familiar with pubs in the Yoker area which is opposite the ferry crossing from Renfrew, just north of the Clyde near where Jeannie lived. This I think- but has to be confirmed- is where a BJ suspect was spotted on a late night bus around 2am. One report states he left the bus at the junction of Dumbarton Road- a main thoroughfare out of the city- and Gray Steet: but I can't find a Gray Street near the Yoker/Renfrew ferry crossing. In fact the only Gray Street I can find is nowhere near either Dumbarton Road or the River Clyde so I assume it is a mistake.

(Just to complicate matters, the Yoker/Renfrew crossing is within a few minutes from where Jeannie was dropped off prior to the taxi doubling back to Earl Street. If escaping over the River Clyde was to be BJ's MO, then he probably chose the wrong victim.)

The description given of the BJ suspect on the bus tallied with that given by Jeannie. In addition he was dishevelled, had mud on his clothing and a red mark under one eye. He also seemed to have a loose shirt sleeve under his jacket which might link with a cuff link left at the scene of Helen's murder.

The question I would like answered is how many of the following were actually asked to ID the suspect John McInnes in a line up:

Jeannie Langford
                        Barrowland bouncer
                        Barrowland manager
                        Patrons of Barrowland in vicinity of the foursome
                        William Hannah, taxi driver
                        Late night bus driver
                        Late night bus conductor
                        Any passengers on late night bus
                        Hi Cobalt,

I think the Gray St in question is the one just off Sauchiehall St right at Kelvingrove Park.

My understanding of it is that police had proposed that BJ alighted here in order to catch the early morning Kelvinhaugh ferry to Govan, which was just a short walk from Gray St down Kelvinhaugh St to the Clyde.

The Yoker ferry was in the opposite direction from Earl St (ie west).

Lists and details of the historical ferries, waterbuses and docks along the River Clyde in Glasgow, Scotland

TheGlasgowStory tells the story of Glasgow in words and pictures, told by some of Scotland's best writers, and illustrated with thousands of images from the collections of the city's world-famous libraries, museums and universities. From football to fashions, Auchenshuggle to Yoker, you'll find it all here.

Dumbarton Rd splits into two main thoroughfares at Kelvingrove (Sauchiehall St and Argyle St).

Gray St is right off Sauchiehall St, so it could be mistaken for a continuation of Dumbarton Rd to the uninitiated.

Agree, I would love to know who from your list above were asked to ID McInnes.

Comment

Bible John DNA Test Negative

[KGVID poster=https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/thumbnails/thumbswm/FS_BibleJohnNegative_DVC12715_thumb1.jpg width=640 height=360]https://stvfootagesales.tv/footage/proxy/FS_BibleJohnNegative_DVC12715.mp4[/KGVID]

Geoff Brown - Crime Correspondant:

“More promising perhaps in that department the Odontology which seemed to suggest that John McInnes certainly bit Helen Puttock….”

Where did he get that from?
                          Wow, that's an absolute doozy!

When McInnes died he had dentures, and it is widely reported that no trace of any dental records had been found.
                          So how on earth can anyone say that Odontology suggests that McInnes bit Helen Puttock?

For the journalist to say this, the information must have come from a police source.

This damn case just keeps on throwing up surprises and questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Waterloo View Post
                            Hi Herlock and Cobalt. A point you both made has got me thinking and perhaps there is a discrepancy in the taxi drivers (Hannah) evidence. I may be mistaken but I thought the Blog suggests that the taxi was paid for by by Helen whilst still inside the cab, reaching to pay the driver. Later George Puttock states that Hannah said there was a separation between Helen and BJ with him sort of going after Helen. In other words Helen leaving the taxi first. This would seem to suggest BJ paid the fair.

If I get a taxi with my wife and I pay. She leaves the taxi and I settle the driver.

I will need to read this again as I am confusing myself but there seems a bit of confusion. Not sure if it means anything though.

NW
                            Hi NW,

I just had a quick look for the relevant part in my notes but I couldn’t find them. I’ll have a closer look either later or tomorrow but from recent memory - according to Hannah (via George Puttock) someone asked the price of the fair and he told them it was £1 6d. He then saw BJ talk to Helen and she reached into her bag and gave him some money which he in turn gave to Hannah. Hannah then saw them get out and stand together on the pavement believing that they were having some kind of ‘disagreement.’
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi NW,

It would be helpful to have a transcript of Hannah, the taxi driver's, police statement.

My reading of the situation is that when the taxi reached Earl Street BJ was moaning about the fare, and that Helen gave him some silver as her contribution - on the assumption he was about to head off home. As she left the cab, BJ used her coins to make up the cost of the hire which he gave to the driver through the sliding glass window, then left the cab himself to join up with Helen.

I'm assuming the taxi was a traditional black cab if it picked the trio up from a rank near Glasgow city centre. You don't hear much in the way of conversation as a driver in these vehicles since the sliding glass window is normally kept shut and the engines were noisier back then.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Ms D. To be honest it’s mainly a wish that there was more footage/photographs from the time. Failing that, footage/photographs from later when the locations hadn’t changed. I’d certainly like to have seen behind number 95 Earl Street as it was.
                                Well, Barn may feel otherwise but I actually think that these locations will have changed very little in the intervening years.

I'm quite familiar with Earl St and Harland Cottages (as well as the Yoker end of Dumbarton Rd where John Templeton lived with his foster family) as I used to manage flats in these locations for many years.

I've been in the back courts of Earl St (though never number 95) and other than security doors on the closes and indoor toilets, they remain the same as in 1969.

Harland Cottages is now quite dilapidated and riddled with damp, but it does feel quite like stepping back in time there.

I hear you about wanting to see more pics from '69 though.

I guess I could get some pals to wear flares and beehives, and take some pics in black and white!
                                Last edited by Ms Diddles; 08-11-2024, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X