No announcement yet.

zodiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't be too long now, recently investigators requested a thread get taken down on the zodiac forum and a number of high profile Zodiac researches with different police sources are confident they know who the Zodiac is.

Comment

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
      Shouldn't be too long now, recently investigators requested a thread get taken down on the zodiac forum and a number of high profile Zodiac researches with different police sources are confident they know who the Zodiac is.
      wow. which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

wow. which one?
        Someone called Mcduff. I don't know anything else but apparently they had a thread running about him and he was a promising suspect. A few weeks ago investigators contacted them and asked them to remove the thread. The forums mods aren't allowed to say anything more and requested people who saw the thread don't discuss it or Mcduff.

Comment

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
          I'd remain cautious for now about investigators wanting the thread closed down. I can think of a couple of reasons why they would request the thread closed down without him necessarily being a major POI of law enforcement.

Comment

wow. which one?
            It seems to be Kenneth Allen McDuff.

He was a serial killer who was executed in 1998.

The problem is that he seems to have been incarcerated from 1966 - 1989.

Very strange!

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

It seems to be Kenneth Allen McDuff.

He was a serial killer who was executed in 1998.

The problem is that he seems to have been incarcerated from 1966 - 1989.

Very strange!
              wow never even heard of this guy before. hes obviously not the zodiac though.
              released after killing three people he went on to murder six more. the reason I strongly favor the death penalty and never releasing/paroling convicted murderers. let em rot in jail or better yet-exterminate them so they can never harm someone again or be a burden on society.

Comment

wow never even heard of this guy before. hes obviously not the zodiac though.
                released after killing three people he went on to murder six more. the reason I strongly favor the death penalty and never releasing/paroling convicted murderers. let em rot in jail or better yet-exterminate them so they can never harm someone again or be a burden on society.
                Hi Abby, Yeah he certainly was a nasty piece of work, a veritable killing machine.

Re the McDuff angle, I've done some digging without finding anything clear cut, although it seems that there is a DNA angle to this particular titbit.
                There was some DNA recovered from the Zodiac case, although it is not 100% certain that the sample came from Zodiac himself.

I wonder if they've compared the sample with McDuff's and found some similarities?
                Possibly relating to a relative perhaps???

Comment

It makes you wonder who suspected him in the first place. Whoever it was, they surely didn't check his whereabouts during the time Zodiac was slaying his victims. I wonder if McDuffs accomplice has a place in the mix?

Comment

Although after having another look at the situation it seems Green, Mc Duffs accomplice spent 13 years in prison after the 1966 triple killings, ruling him out of the Zodiac crimes also. It's a strange one, I can't see why McDuff was considered a suspect in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                      Although after having another look at the situation it seems Green, Mc Duffs accomplice spent 13 years in prison after the 1966 triple killings, ruling him out of the Zodiac crimes also. It's a strange one, I can't see why McDuff was considered a suspect in the first place.
                      Hi Observer, I've done a bit more digging, and I don't think that the suspect is Kenneth Allen McDuff.
                      He was mentioned in a thread on a Zodiac website, but it seems that a poster on one of the Zodiac websites has identified a suspect by narrowing down people who lived near a phonebooth used by the Zodiac.

This is all very frustrating, and my head's beginning to hurt.

I'm off to prepare for some more hurt at Wembley tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Observer, I've done a bit more digging, and I don't think that the suspect is Kenneth Allen McDuff.
                        He was mentioned in a thread on a Zodiac website, but it seems that a poster on one of the Zodiac websites has identified a suspect by narrowing down people who lived near a phonebooth used by the Zodiac.

This is all very frustrating, and my head's beginning to hurt.

I'm off to prepare for some more hurt at Wembley tomorrow.
                        Hi BFW

Yes, it's a tad confusing. I'm a member of one of the Zodiac Forums, and there's nothing new breaking on that particular one. Watch this space, is all I can say on the matter.

Regarding Wembley, you never know, England are no great shakes. That France, Germany game the other night was on another level compared to anything I've seen so far, Italy look decent.

Comment

Hi Abby, Yeah he certainly was a nasty piece of work, a veritable killing machine.

Re the McDuff angle, I've done some digging without finding anything clear cut, although it seems that there is a DNA angle to this particular titbit.
                          There was some DNA recovered from the Zodiac case, although it is not 100% certain that the sample came from Zodiac himself.

I wonder if they've compared the sample with McDuff's and found some similarities?
                          Possibly relating to a relative perhaps???
                          hi barn
                          who knows? yes from what i understand this latest suspect,whoever it is, its based on DNA. however,im not that confident the DNA evidence in this case is strong enough to catch anyone. as you said it might not even be his, and apparently they dont even have that good a sample-so early in the science and or only partial.
                          we shall see, but apparently not this mcduff guy or his accomplice.

I still think its probably ALA.

Comment

Not to detour the thread, but does anyone else feel there might be a possibility that the Zodiac was a "fan" of Jack the Ripper? Particularly with the sending of taunting letters to the police and press? I remember someone had speculated (I forget who) that if the Zodiac had frequented the Riverside Community College library where Cheri Jo Bates was murdered, a search of the library's records for anyone who frequently checked out books on the Ripper might find a strong Zodiac suspect.

And yes, I also feel that the Ripper likely never actually sent any taunting letters, but I don't believe that was the widely-held view in the 1960s when the Zodiac would have been reading up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tanta07 View Post
                              Not to detour the thread, but does anyone else feel there might be a possibility that the Zodiac was a "fan" of Jack the Ripper? Particularly with the sending of taunting letters to the police and press? I remember someone had speculated (I forget who) that if the Zodiac had frequented the Riverside Community College library where Cheri Jo Bates was murdered, a search of the library's records for anyone who frequently checked out books on the Ripper might find a strong Zodiac suspect.

And yes, I also feel that the Ripper likely never actually sent any taunting letters, but I don't believe that was the widely-held view in the 1960s when the Zodiac would have been reading up on it.
                              I’d say that it’s a possibility tanta. Whether the ripper sent any letters or not (and as you say, most think not) it still might have given him the idea. I wonder if anyone did check the books? How sadly ironic would it be if after years of in depth research by so many it was found that the killer was a member of that library who’d taken out loads of books on the ripper or other murderers. Or who had ordered books on cyphers and codes.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by tanta07 View Post

hi tanta
                                one of the zodiac suspects worked at that library, ross sullivan, and his coworkers said he didnt show up for work after the bates murder. they all thought he was the zodiac or at least her killer. he resembled the sketches and had mental issues. imho hes a pretty good suspect.
                                Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-19-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X