X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_c View Post

As far as we know LE dont yet have Zodiacs DNA. Unless Zodiac leaves behind a box of goodies directly connecting him to the murders the case will only be solved by DNA imo. Its unlikely the case will be 'solved' to any strict legal standard. However, any DNA find which can be traced to a male who in 1969 was known to be overweight, aged between 20-40, competent with guns and lived in Vallejo or surrounding area and we'll almost certainly have the perp.
    thanks jason
    I pretty much agree. I do have to give full disclosure and maybe its a bit a pre bias, but ive always felt that Arthur Leigh Allen was probably the zodiac, but apparently the zodiac DNA that they (might) have dosnt match him-nor the prints or handwriting apparently. however the zodiac was a master of disguise and cover up, so I dont think he would have left that many clues, if any, in that regard, including dna.

I think the best clue the zodiac left was the bloody palm print on stines cab, but I think again its not that great of a sample to be able to make a definitive match.

I do hold out hope that maybe they do have a good enough dna sample to do a match, or at least use a technique similar to how they caught the GSK. fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Hi PC
    yes me too. but im not holding my breath. Ive always thought the DNA stuff re Zodiac case wont be what IDs him. Its too sketchy-Im not even sure if they really have his DNA. or at least a good enough sample to be able to use.
    As far as we know LE dont yet have Zodiacs DNA. Unless Zodiac leaves behind a box of goodies directly connecting him to the murders the case will only be solved by DNA imo. Its unlikely the case will be 'solved' to any strict legal standard. However, any DNA find which can be traced to a male who in 1969 was known to be overweight, aged between 20-40, competent with guns and lived in Vallejo or surrounding area and we'll almost certainly have the perp.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Interesting information re the DNA. I'll have to check this out. Hope they get an identification soon.
    Hi PC
    yes me too. but im not holding my breath. Ive always thought the DNA stuff re Zodiac case wont be what IDs him. Its too sketchy-Im not even sure if they really have his DNA. or at least a good enough sample to be able to use.

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Interesting information re the DNA. I'll have to check this out. Hope they get an identification soon.

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    Just to inform posters that one of the people who operate a Zodiac forum has posted that LE were recently in touch with him. LE told him DNA has been obtained from one of the stamps or envelopes Zodiac sent. The bad news is that its not Zodiacs DNA. However, according to the information given to the forum it is being considered more likely a lead rather than, say, a contaminated piece of DNA.

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    The FBI rebuts claim that the case is solved.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Ally View Post

LOL... well I don't know if the Zodiac case has been solved or not but I do know that article was the biggest pile of hot garbage I've ever read. His "rebuttals" were laughable and ...non-existant. If you're going to pour cold water on a theory you need to do it with evidence and actual ...facts, not just say 'They don't know anything, they don't know what they're talking about".

I can't believe that actually was a Rolling Stone article and not something from BuzzFeed. Jesus.
    Voight does make the important point that leapt out to me from the article re new suspect.

The "scar" on the photofit picture is not a scar, it is simply a line on a drawing.

My recollection is that none of the witnesses who interacted with Zodiac ever described him as having a scar.

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Originally posted by erobitha View Post
    ‘Hot Garbage’: Zodiac Expert Calls ‘Bullshit’ on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...heory-1238068/
    LOL... well I don't know if the Zodiac case has been solved or not but I do know that article was the biggest pile of hot garbage I've ever read. His "rebuttals" were laughable and ...non-existant. If you're going to pour cold water on a theory you need to do it with evidence and actual ...facts, not just say 'They don't know anything, they don't know what they're talking about".

I can't believe that actually was a Rolling Stone article and not something from BuzzFeed. Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    ‘Hot Garbage’: Zodiac Expert Calls ‘Bullshit’ on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...heory-1238068/

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    Zodiac Killer identified as Gary Francis Poste, task force claims

A cold-case task force claims it has identified the notorious Zodiac Killer, who terrorised Northern California in the late 1960s and taunted authorities with cryptic notes.

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    My POI is Donald Lee "Boo" Bujok.

What do those familiar with the case think of his viability?

Leave a comment:

• tanta07
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I caught the last 2 episodes of the series The Most Dangerous Animal Of All. Looks like another perfect example of someone (Gary Stewart) becoming so obsessed by a theory that he was willing to falsify evidence to prop it up.
    Oof...that final episode.

For those who havent seen it, the first 3 episodes allow Stewart to lay out all his various theories on why his dad was Zodiac, and then for the final episode, the creators of the series systematically dismantle all of his theories, one by one, sometimes right to his face. It makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

Main takeaway? Earl Van Best, Jr. was not Zoadiac. But I already felt that way after reading Stewart's book.

Leave a comment:

• gallicrow
    replied
    The "McDuff" suspect seems to be someone that Mike Morford has suggested (I assume Ross Sullivan is no longer his #1 suspect). McDuff is also called Mason and MacGruber on the reddit Zodiac board. I have no idea which of these, if any, is his real name!
    The main reasons for McDuff being a suspect appear to be that he lived over the road from one of the phones that the Zodiac used, and that someone two doors down from him received a letter purporting to be from the Zodiac.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by tanta07 View Post
    Not to detour the thread, but does anyone else feel there might be a possibility that the Zodiac was a "fan" of Jack the Ripper? Particularly with the sending of taunting letters to the police and press? I remember someone had speculated (I forget who) that if the Zodiac had frequented the Riverside Community College library where Cheri Jo Bates was murdered, a search of the library's records for anyone who frequently checked out books on the Ripper might find a strong Zodiac suspect.

And yes, I also feel that the Ripper likely never actually sent any taunting letters, but I don't believe that was the widely-held view in the 1960s when the Zodiac would have been reading up on it.
    hi tanta
    one of the zodiac suspects worked at that library, ross sullivan, and his coworkers said he didnt show up for work after the bates murder. they all thought he was the zodiac or at least her killer. he resembled the sketches and had mental issues. imho hes a pretty good suspect.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-19-2021, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by tanta07 View Post
    Not to detour the thread, but does anyone else feel there might be a possibility that the Zodiac was a "fan" of Jack the Ripper? Particularly with the sending of taunting letters to the police and press? I remember someone had speculated (I forget who) that if the Zodiac had frequented the Riverside Community College library where Cheri Jo Bates was murdered, a search of the library's records for anyone who frequently checked out books on the Ripper might find a strong Zodiac suspect.

And yes, I also feel that the Ripper likely never actually sent any taunting letters, but I don't believe that was the widely-held view in the 1960s when the Zodiac would have been reading up on it.
    I’d say that it’s a possibility tanta. Whether the ripper sent any letters or not (and as you say, most think not) it still might have given him the idea. I wonder if anyone did check the books? How sadly ironic would it be if after years of in depth research by so many it was found that the killer was a member of that library who’d taken out loads of books on the ripper or other murderers. Or who had ordered books on cyphers and codes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X