Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c.d.
    replied
    The FBI rebuts claim that the case is solved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Zqn?li=BBnb7Kz

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Ally View Post

LOL... well I don't know if the Zodiac case has been solved or not but I do know that article was the biggest pile of hot garbage I've ever read. His "rebuttals" were laughable and ...non-existant. If you're going to pour cold water on a theory you need to do it with evidence and actual ...facts, not just say 'They don't know anything, they don't know what they're talking about".

I can't believe that actually was a Rolling Stone article and not something from BuzzFeed. Jesus.
    Voight does make the important point that leapt out to me from the article re new suspect.

The "scar" on the photofit picture is not a scar, it is simply a line on a drawing.

My recollection is that none of the witnesses who interacted with Zodiac ever described him as having a scar.

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Originally posted by erobitha View Post
    ‘Hot Garbage’: Zodiac Expert Calls ‘Bullshit’ on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...heory-1238068/
    LOL... well I don't know if the Zodiac case has been solved or not but I do know that article was the biggest pile of hot garbage I've ever read. His "rebuttals" were laughable and ...non-existant. If you're going to pour cold water on a theory you need to do it with evidence and actual ...facts, not just say 'They don't know anything, they don't know what they're talking about".

I can't believe that actually was a Rolling Stone article and not something from BuzzFeed. Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    ‘Hot Garbage’: Zodiac Expert Calls ‘Bullshit’ on Possible ID of Infamous Serial Killer

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...heory-1238068/

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    Zodiac Killer identified as Gary Francis Poste, task force claims

https://www.news.com.au/national/cri...a6833be548b4e0

Leave a comment:

• erobitha
    replied
    My POI is Donald Lee "Boo" Bujok.

What do those familiar with the case think of his viability?

Leave a comment:

• tanta07
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I caught the last 2 episodes of the series The Most Dangerous Animal Of All. Looks like another perfect example of someone (Gary Stewart) becoming so obsessed by a theory that he was willing to falsify evidence to prop it up.
    Oof...that final episode.

For those who havent seen it, the first 3 episodes allow Stewart to lay out all his various theories on why his dad was Zodiac, and then for the final episode, the creators of the series systematically dismantle all of his theories, one by one, sometimes right to his face. It makes for very uncomfortable viewing.

Main takeaway? Earl Van Best, Jr. was not Zoadiac. But I already felt that way after reading Stewart's book.

Leave a comment:

• gallicrow
    replied
    The "McDuff" suspect seems to be someone that Mike Morford has suggested (I assume Ross Sullivan is no longer his #1 suspect). McDuff is also called Mason and MacGruber on the reddit Zodiac board. I have no idea which of these, if any, is his real name!
    The main reasons for McDuff being a suspect appear to be that he lived over the road from one of the phones that the Zodiac used, and that someone two doors down from him received a letter purporting to be from the Zodiac.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by tanta07 View Post
    Not to detour the thread, but does anyone else feel there might be a possibility that the Zodiac was a "fan" of Jack the Ripper? Particularly with the sending of taunting letters to the police and press? I remember someone had speculated (I forget who) that if the Zodiac had frequented the Riverside Community College library where Cheri Jo Bates was murdered, a search of the library's records for anyone who frequently checked out books on the Ripper might find a strong Zodiac suspect.

And yes, I also feel that the Ripper likely never actually sent any taunting letters, but I don't believe that was the widely-held view in the 1960s when the Zodiac would have been reading up on it.
    hi tanta
    one of the zodiac suspects worked at that library, ross sullivan, and his coworkers said he didnt show up for work after the bates murder. they all thought he was the zodiac or at least her killer. he resembled the sketches and had mental issues. imho hes a pretty good suspect.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-19-2021, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by tanta07 View Post
    Not to detour the thread, but does anyone else feel there might be a possibility that the Zodiac was a "fan" of Jack the Ripper? Particularly with the sending of taunting letters to the police and press? I remember someone had speculated (I forget who) that if the Zodiac had frequented the Riverside Community College library where Cheri Jo Bates was murdered, a search of the library's records for anyone who frequently checked out books on the Ripper might find a strong Zodiac suspect.

And yes, I also feel that the Ripper likely never actually sent any taunting letters, but I don't believe that was the widely-held view in the 1960s when the Zodiac would have been reading up on it.
    I’d say that it’s a possibility tanta. Whether the ripper sent any letters or not (and as you say, most think not) it still might have given him the idea. I wonder if anyone did check the books? How sadly ironic would it be if after years of in depth research by so many it was found that the killer was a member of that library who’d taken out loads of books on the ripper or other murderers. Or who had ordered books on cyphers and codes.

Leave a comment:

• tanta07
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Hi Abby, Yeah he certainly was a nasty piece of work, a veritable killing machine.

Re the McDuff angle, I've done some digging without finding anything clear cut, although it seems that there is a DNA angle to this particular titbit.
    There was some DNA recovered from the Zodiac case, although it is not 100% certain that the sample came from Zodiac himself.

I wonder if they've compared the sample with McDuff's and found some similarities?
    Possibly relating to a relative perhaps???
    hi barn
    who knows? yes from what i understand this latest suspect,whoever it is, its based on DNA. however,im not that confident the DNA evidence in this case is strong enough to catch anyone. as you said it might not even be his, and apparently they dont even have that good a sample-so early in the science and or only partial.
    we shall see, but apparently not this mcduff guy or his accomplice.

I still think its probably ALA.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Hi Observer, I've done a bit more digging, and I don't think that the suspect is Kenneth Allen McDuff.
    He was mentioned in a thread on a Zodiac website, but it seems that a poster on one of the Zodiac websites has identified a suspect by narrowing down people who lived near a phonebooth used by the Zodiac.

This is all very frustrating, and my head's beginning to hurt.

I'm off to prepare for some more hurt at Wembley tomorrow.
    Hi BFW

Yes, it's a tad confusing. I'm a member of one of the Zodiac Forums, and there's nothing new breaking on that particular one. Watch this space, is all I can say on the matter.

Regarding Wembley, you never know, England are no great shakes. That France, Germany game the other night was on another level compared to anything I've seen so far, Italy look decent.

Leave a comment:

• barnflatwyngarde
    replied
    Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Although after having another look at the situation it seems Green, Mc Duffs accomplice spent 13 years in prison after the 1966 triple killings, ruling him out of the Zodiac crimes also. It's a strange one, I can't see why McDuff was considered a suspect in the first place.
    Hi Observer, I've done a bit more digging, and I don't think that the suspect is Kenneth Allen McDuff.
    He was mentioned in a thread on a Zodiac website, but it seems that a poster on one of the Zodiac websites has identified a suspect by narrowing down people who lived near a phonebooth used by the Zodiac.

This is all very frustrating, and my head's beginning to hurt.

I'm off to prepare for some more hurt at Wembley tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Although after having another look at the situation it seems Green, Mc Duffs accomplice spent 13 years in prison after the 1966 triple killings, ruling him out of the Zodiac crimes also. It's a strange one, I can't see why McDuff was considered a suspect in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X