Who put Bella in the Witch Elm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

yes. but i keep going back to if the missing prostitute named Bella actually did turn up? does anyone know if its actually in any of the police records that she was found alive?
    Yes,she did.

Truth is lost evidence,poor investigation and record keeping,etc makes the case a mess.

Abnormal brain asking dyslexic fictional detective for advice
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

american soldiers didnt normally bring there wives with them though did they?
      If air force pilots were needed at the Spitfire factory in Birmingham, I can understand their wives being a safe distance away.

Just an itch.

Comment

thanks Herlock-are there dates included for these?
        There were 5 local women investigated.
        4 with "Bella" type names.

That's excluding spies and witches.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post

Yes,she did.

Truth is lost evidence,poor investigation and record keeping,etc makes the case a mess.

Abnormal brain asking dyslexic fictional detective for advice
          lol.
          hey not trying to be a pain, but can you point to, post or give more specifics on the police records saying they found missing prostitiute Bella (MPB) alive?

evrything in the circs points to a local prostitute as the victim.

Comment

If air force pilots were needed at the Spitfire factory in Birmingham, I can understand their wives being a safe distance away.

Just an itch.
            i meant from america lol

Comment

and what came first? the missing prostitute story or the graffiti?
              Not sure of the exact date when the grafitti started showing up...anyone? Only that it was about a year after the body was discovered. But the police report of a missing prostitute named Bella was dated 7 Apr 1944....about a year after the body was discovered. So the two may well be linked.
              If the police did track down that Bella alive, I'm not sure how well publicised that would have been. Rumours are always harder to stop than to start.

Comment

i meant from america lol
                Me two

Spitfire factory required experienced quality control,planes had to be tested and some were used to defend the place.

By memory there were 26 of them there.Think that might have been just for testing.

No,I don't have a list of nationalities

Just believe me on the prossy named Bella .... please......

Seriously doubt there was a Bella,just a crank who the cops investigated.

Comment

Her corset would cost ~ 35 quid today.

Doubt she was murdered near the tree or was in it initially.

Would have stunk like Hell.

This lot agree,well it's their idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Albrighton Woodland Hunt. at Hagley Hall 06.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	744632
                  One witness did mention a smell from that area but it looks like she could be pinned down to a time?
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

One witness did mention a smell from that area but it looks like she could be pinned down to a time?
                    the tree was on the hagley estate. it must have stunk for quite some time, and i find it hard to beleive that someone from the estate didnt notice. a groundskeeper, people who lived in the house etc, do we know who was living on the estate at the time?

Comment

I was just reading about the graffiti. The Forensic Science Lab (South Wales and Monmouthshire) felt that the first three were by the same hand and the chalk was more or less similar. The first three were:

HAGLEY WOOD BELLA (photo included)

28th March 1944

WHO PUT BELLA DOWN THE WYCH ELM - HAGLEY WOOD

28th March 1944

WHO PUT LUEBELLER IN THE WYCH ELM

30th March 1944

Then theres the possibility of copycats of course. The next one in the book even mentions Jack The Ripper.

12th April 1944

Then theres another photo of one:

HAGLEY WOOD LUBELLA ADDRESS OPPOSITE THE ROSE AND CROWN HASBURY

1st August 1944

Then on a fence (with photo)

ADDRESS WAS OPPOSITE ROSE AND CROWN HASBURY HAGLEY WOOD LUBELLA

3rd August 1944 - reported but seen at least a fortnight earlier.

Then on a railway arch (photo)

HAGLEY WOOD LUBELLA WAS NO PROSS

3rd August 1944 - reported but seen at least a fortnight earlier.

On a wall

HAGLEY WOOD LUBELLA ADDRESS 404 LOWER HASBURY HALESOWEN

October ?

a family called Allsop had lived there for the last 56 years and no link could be found.

The messages continued to Ed to this day. The ones on the Wychbury Obelisk began in 1993

)
                      ​​​​​​​Dates added.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Abby,

Charles Lyttelton,10th Viscount Cobham was at war at from 1940 to at least 1943.

That's his house behind the hounds.

Incredibly well connected and powerful family.

Some, involved in the Gunpowder Plot actually hid on the property ..... hung,drawn and quartered.

Two of the candidates to replace Elizabeth 1 ...... Isabella and Arbella.
                        Last edited by DJA; 10-26-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

the tree was on the hagley estate. it must have stunk for quite some time, and i find it hard to beleive that someone from the estate didnt notice. a groundskeeper, people who lived in the house etc, do we know who was living on the estate at the time?
                          Although the exact site isn’t known there were some gypsies camped around 120 yards away in Nimmings Field over Christmas 1942.

An unnamed witness reported this to Sergeant Skerrett “a very nasty smell at a point in the bend in the lane 40 to 50 yards above the Birmingham water track (Elan aqueduct) where the skeleton was found.”

Although she was sure that this was before the body had been found she couldn’t recall exactly when. She made this statement 5 years later though. 28/09/49.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Dates added.
                            thanks herlock

so the graffiti is there about a week before the police report of the missing prostitute. so I assume the grafitti is what prompted the police to search for a missing woman called Bella and found the other prostitute who told them story. it lends credence to the graffiti then IMHO.

and then the subsequent graffiti says Bella was no pross. I wonder if the graffitti writer heard about police looking for a missing prostitute and wrote that.

i still would like to see the police statement/report etc that they found the MPB.

Comment

Abby,

Charles Lyttelton,10th Viscount Cobham was at war at from 1940 to at least 1943.

That's his house behind the hounds.

Incredibly well connected and powerful family.

Some, involved in the Gunpowder Plot actually hid on the property ..... hung,drawn and quartered.

Two of the candidates to replace Elizabeth 1 ...... Isabella and Arbella.
                              thanks DJA
                              someone must have occupied that house/estate when he was gone-do we know who was there around 40-42 time frame?

Comment

Although the exact site isn’t known there were some gypsies camped around 120 yards away in Nimmings Field over Christmas 1942.

An unnamed witness reported this to Sergeant Skerrett “a very nasty smell at a point in the bend in the lane 40 to 50 yards above the Birmingham water track (Elan aqueduct) where the skeleton was found.”

Although she was sure that this was before the body had been found she couldn’t recall exactly when. She made this statement 5 years later though. 28/09/49.
                                gypsies huh? interesting. Bella sounds like a gypsy name lol

Comment

Working...
                                X