Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Ben Needham's disappearance spans even longer but he hasn't had anything like that spent on trying to find him.
    There's a different force investigating his disappearance. Not sure how much they've spent so far, nor how actively they're pursuing the inquiry. Either way, it's a matter for the police/Home Office, not us - regardless of what we think about each individual case.
    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 05-09-2019, 07:15 AM.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

There's a different force investigating his disappearance. Not sure how much they've spent so far, nor how actively they're pursuing the inquiry. Either way, it's a matter for the police/Home Office, not us - regardless of what we think about each individual case.
      It's a discussion forum, Sam. Are you saying we shouldn't point out injustices like this?

I read that £800k has been spent on Ben Needham's case. If true, that's a relative spit in the ocean compared to the £12m gobbled up by the McCann investigation. Just seems to be a cash cow for the police, the media and the McCanns (who used public funds to pay off their mortgage).

Comment

Ben Needham's disappearance spans even longer but he hasn't had anything like that spent on trying to find him.

Ben Needham's case has been re-investigated by South Yorkshire Police who flew to Kos on multiple occassions- they also searched land close to where he disappeared and came to a 'Professional Opinion' that he had been run over, killed and secretly buried by a worker who was involved in large scale building work near the Needham's. I suppose though all this was a racket too- I mean all those trips to Kos, searches that found nothing and all leads exhausted. Bloody racket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post

Ben Needham's case has been re-investigated by South Yorkshire Police who flew to Kos on multiple occassions- they also searched land close to where he disappeared and came to a 'Professional Opinion' that he had been run over, killed and secretly buried by a worker who was involved in large scale building work near the Needham's. I suppose though all this was a racket too- I mean all those trips to Kos, searches that found nothing and all leads exhausted. Bloody racket.
          Ben Needham, disappeared 24 July 1991. Investigation cost £800k

Madeleine McCann, disappeared 3 May 2007. Investigation cost £11.75m (and rising)

If you don't see something wrong here with disproportionate amounts of money spent on one missing child over another, you have a problem.

And I repeat, the McCanns actually used public funds for the investigation to pay off their mortgage. I guess every penny isn't vital to finding your daughter when the government has your back.

Comment

If you don't see something wrong here with disproportionate amounts of money spent on one missing child over another, you have a problem.
            It's not my problem, and it's not my business either.

And I repeat, the McCanns actually used public funds for the investigation to pay off their mortgage.
            You have receipts?
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              It's not my problem, and it's not my business either.
              Then what are you doing here?

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              You have receipts?

Comment

Ben Needham, disappeared 24 July 1991. Investigation cost £800k

Madeleine McCann, disappeared 3 May 2007. Investigation cost £11.75m (and rising)

And I repeat, the McCanns actually used public funds for the investigation to pay off their mortgage. I guess every penny isn't vital to finding your daughter when the government has your back.

Of course it would be better if there was more money available for Ben Needham's family to investigate. However it seems 800k was adequate for the Police to exhaust all avenues and form a professional opinion. You seem to begrudge Madeleine McCann having the money spent on her. You obviously believe its a racket and the Government are in on it. Of which you offer zero evidence. Seems a recurring theme on casebook. As for the McCann's 'paying off' the mortgage that is putting it in a way as to be disengenuous with your language. They made 2 monthly payments on their mortgage at a time when both were off work searching for their daughter. Wrong to do it. Maybe. Or right to make sure they weren't homeless with two young children. Maybe. One thing is for sure, those who seem to have taken a dislike in them use it as ammo to castigate them. I don't know the McCanns- maybe I wouldn't like them as people but not knowing them I try not to judge too harshly and try to avail myself of the facts and not get carried away with emotional language.

Comment

Of course it would be better if there was more money available for Ben Needham's family to investigate. However it seems 800k was adequate for the Police to exhaust all avenues and form a professional opinion. You seem to begrudge Madeleine McCann having the money spent on her. You obviously believe its a racket and the Government are in on it. Of which you offer zero evidence. Seems a recurring theme on casebook. As for the McCann's 'paying off' the mortgage that is putting it in a way as to be disengenuous with your language. They made 2 monthly payments on their mortgage at a time when both were off work searching for their daughter. Wrong to do it. Maybe. Or right to make sure they weren't homeless with two young children. Maybe. One thing is for sure, those who seem to have taken a dislike in them use it as ammo to castigate them. I don't know the McCanns- maybe I wouldn't like them as people but not knowing them I try not to judge too harshly and try to avail myself of the facts and not get carried away with emotional language.
                  Even if they were not complicit in their daughter's disappearance, the McCanns are cunts.

Using public funds that were donated to help find their daughter to pay off their mortgage. And of course leaving three small babies unsupervised while they went boozing in the first place.

It is a gross injustice that money keeps being poured into this case while other families of missing persons don't see anything like it. Like I said, it's just become a cashcow for the police, the newspapers and the McCanns. There is no other logical reason for it.

Comment

Even if they were not complicit in their daughter's disappearance, the McCanns are cunts.

Using public funds that were donated to help find their daughter to pay off their mortgage. And of course leaving three small babies unsupervised while they went boozing in the first place.

It is a gross injustice that money keeps being poured into this case while other families of missing persons don't see anything like it. Like I said, it's just become a cashcow for the police, the newspapers and the McCanns. There is no other logical reason for it.

Like Abby you are prone to emotional and extravagent language. Take a step back emotionally. As I have said they used the fund for two payments. Were they wrong? On the face of it yes however there is context. They were off work sick and it seems in some sort of financial difficulty for that period- they had two other children and the last thing they needed was to lose the house. Should they have taken a loan? Probably. But I am not in their position so it is hard to say if I would have done the same. Neither of us do. You refer to them as cunts. I think that type of language is unhelpful. They did leave three children whilst they went to dinner- you and Abby keep saying boozing but it was for dinner. Boozing suits your agenda though and so emotional language like this is used. Yes they had alcohol. According to the staff at the hotel maybe 10 bottles of wine between 7 people over the course of 2 hours on average. But they went to the Tapas to eat not booze. Despicable to leave the kids though. Especially after what Madeleine had said on the morning of her disappearance. But you know that a) doesn't make them killers or b) mean if they was an abduction the sicko who did it is not responsible for his disgusting actions.

Comment

Like Abby you are prone to emotional and extravagent language. Take a step back emotionally. As I have said they used the fund for two payments. Were they wrong? On the face of it yes however there is context. They were off work sick and it seems in some sort of financial difficulty for that period- they had two other children and the last thing they needed was to lose the house. Should they have taken a loan? Probably. But I am not in their position so it is hard to say if I would have done the same. Neither of us do. You refer to them as cunts. I think that type of language is unhelpful. They did leave three children whilst they went to dinner- you and Abby keep saying boozing but it was for dinner. Boozing suits your agenda though and so emotional language like this is used. Yes they had alcohol. According to the staff at the hotel maybe 10 bottles of wine between 7 people over the course of 2 hours on average. But they went to the Tapas to eat not booze. Despicable to leave the kids though. Especially after what Madeleine had said on the morning of her disappearance. But you know that a) doesn't make them killers or b) mean if they was an abduction the sicko who did it is not responsible for his disgusting actions.
                      Awww the poor McCanns. Whatever would we do in their position?

Most people WOULDN'T BE IN THAT POSITION, because they would be responsible enough not to leave small children in bed in a foreign country to go on a booze up. Put it in whatever words you choose, that's exactly what they did. You are defending people who AT BEST were morally and criminally negligent parents.

You're a grovelling apologist for the McCanns, and for that reason you are going on the ignore list.

Comment

Most people WOULDN'T BE IN THAT POSITION, because they would be responsible enough not to leave small children in bed in a foreign country to go on a booze up. Put it in whatever words you choose, that's exactly what they did. You are defending people who AT BEST were morally and criminally negligent parents.

You're a grovelling apologist for the McCanns, and for that reason you are going on the ignore list.

I see my appeal for calm and responsible language fell on deaf ears.

Comment

well said Harry. Well said.
                          I agree 100 % with all your recent posts on this.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

well said Harry. Well said.
                            I agree 100 % with all your recent posts on this.

If you could please point me in the direction of where I am an apologist for the McCanns. You and Harry don't seem to like what I have to say but all you are doing is making yourselves look unreasonable. But that suits me.

Comment

• And I people say the Wallace thread is rough.

Comment

• I see the Home Office have granted another £300,000 for the investigation.

What an absolute racket.

Comment

Working...
                                X