No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we had a right to bear arms, might put the knife carrying weasels off attacking innocent people!

Here is a funny story about guns.

Back when I was trying to get a mortgage I had trouble providing identification that was accepted, so I had to choose between purchasing,
    A- A Passport for £50 with a month waiting list, possibly more,
    B- A Driving Liscence for £40 with a similar waiting time,
    C- A Gun Liscence for £20 with a couple of weeks waiting time!

I chose option C as it was the quickest and cheapest, but it made me laugh, that having a gun liscence helped me secure thousands of £££'s from the bank for a mortgage!!
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Fascinating, Mike, that a gun license would be proper identification to get a loan. Here, you have to have other identification to get a gun license.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• We had a guy making bank withdrawals with a gun here until the cops used their guns yesterday to cancel him out permanently. He was 54. You think he'd know better by now.
        Last edited by sdreid; 01-07-2009, 05:07 AM.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I got to spend a day at a shooting range to show I was competent, but didn't need a medical check or any police checks!

And they wonder why so many idiots possess guns in the UK!
          Regards Mike

Comment

• UFO hits wind turbine in Louth

Regards Mike

Comment

• BBC cover the story, contains audio interview and footage of the damaged wind farm,

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

We had a windmill broken down here recently but in our case it was blamed on a heavy coating of ice - not very exciting.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The case excited me as we have a similar wind turbine at the bottom of our street. It's huge and can be seen from miles around, but only young children seem to take notice of it. From now on, I will be watching with interest.
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• What would have done this? Some sort of weird wind phenomena causing stress in the blades? They look torqued, or twisted slightly. It'll be interesting to see the explanation.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Some of the explainations offered on local news include,
                      Ice,
                      Birds,
                      A low flying plane,
                      A UFO,
                      A Spy plane,
                      A drone spy thingy,
                      Fireworks,
                      Malfunction,
                      And even a cow!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Flying saucers have been having trouble with windmills since the 1890s. The spinning blades must throw off their graviton guidance systems.

The putsch is in full swing here now.
                        Last edited by sdreid; 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I didn't see any wells nearby. Wonder where they got rid of the debris.

Comment

• Hi Stan, Mike, and Celeste,

Celeste - Eduardo is a writer on some of the other threads, and when I added his name it was because he writes (like Stan and I do occasionally) on a thread about movies based on real crimes.

[By the way, I liked Van Johnson's films too - my favorite performance by him is as a blind playwrite who solves a kidnapping in TWENTY THREE PACES TO BAKER STREET.]

If I recall that incident in Texas in 1897 involved a UFO crashing into windmill.
                            Am I right about that Stan?

Things are a bit difficult here right now - my mother is ailing with a back pain, possibly due to sciatica or to a twisted nerve. I stayed home today to take care of her. She's sleeping now (fortunately).

Nothing really unusual to report tonight - I added some comments on the Board (first time in about a week). Hope everyone is feeling well and I hope all of us will get through a trying economic time.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

Yes, the Aurora incident where the pilot was supposedly recovered and buried. UFO Hunters did a show on it a while back. It was entitled something like First Contact. The recent show they did about the University of Arizona files was interesting. A large part of the program covered the Heflin photographs from 1965. I'd seen them before but really didn't know the story.

Hope your mother gets to feeling better.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 01-10-2009, 03:53 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I remember reading about the Aurora incident in several books and was intrigued to read the locals buried the body and will not allow tests to be carried out!
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X