No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharks in freshwater? I wonder if this is what The Good Mike was talking about a few weeks ago. You know those Bull sharks can live in fresh water. They are nasty critters. We have them in our estuaries down here. I watched a fisherman one morning on Jekyll Island beach pulling them right out of the surf. They were about two feet long and he had caught at least 3 or 4. They were big enough to give a nasty gash in the leg. They breed in the marshes along the coast.
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• There is some suspicion that it was actually a bull shark, rather than a great white, that killed those 2 people in that New Jersey creek and 2 others off the coast in 1915. Is the bull shark the one where the babies kill and eat each other in the womb?
      Last edited by sdreid; 10-24-2008, 11:58 PM.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Unsolved Mysteries is doing Roswell in Spike right now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't know if they do or not, Stan, but I know they have a nasty reputation. I saw something a number of years ago about them being found way up in the Amazon. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the ones in the Jersey creek was a Bull shark.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• I did some checking and, although prenatal fratricide may happen in several species, the one where it has actually been proven is in the sand tiger shark.

Stan Reid

Comment

• MonsterQuest is ok a lot of the time, sometime it's a little lame (giant catfish, rods etc), but for a paranormal/crypto freak like me, I'll take what I can get.
              There's a show here in Oz called Conspiricy Theory which isn't bad either, ranging from ufos to ghosts to political assassinations.

Comment

• We have a show in the UK on Conspiracy Theories, hosted by comedian Danny Wallace, and covering a range of topics. The problem is, becuase it is hosted by a comedian, most of it is tounge in cheek!

we also have,
                Most Haunted, Most Haunted Live, Most Haunted Extra, Most Haunted Access All Areas, Dead famous, Ghost Hunt, Ghost Hunters, Ghosthunters Int, Strange But True, Arthur C Clarkes Mysterious World, Arthur C Clarkes World of Strange Powers, Fortean TV, Haunted, Haunted Hotels, Haunted battlefields, and loads more!!

Keeps me busy
                Regards Mike

Comment

• Any more news on the Yeti Footprint

Comment

• There are new UFO sightings in Texas in that same town from last time. They were mentioning it on CNN this morning.

I like Monster Quest because, of course, I'm a mystery freak, but I didn't care much for the catfish either.

I watch that Destination Truth occasionally, but they hardly ever find anything. The one they did, about 3 weeks ago, on the forest at the base of Mount Fuji was one of the more bizarre shows I've seen. This is a place where people go to commit suicide. The rangers find dead people in there all the time. There are signs posted everywhere trying to dissuade people from doing it. Signs like "Life is precious.." etc. Watching that show was a creepy experience and it had such a wrong feeling about it. They managed to catch something very odd on film though. It was a human-shaped form that seemed to rise out of the ground then collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
                      Any more news on the Yeti Footprint
                      Was this the one where they found a body?

The body was a large rubber mould, covered in animal hair, it had been filled with rotting road kill and some fool paid $million$ for it!!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Tomorrow evening (Monday-U.S.) UFOs Over Earth and Investigation X are playing on the Discovery Channel.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Wednesday, the second program of MonsterQuest is entitled "Jaws in Illinois" and UFO Hunters is "Invasion Illinois" so it looks like we're doomed either way!

Stan Reid

Comment

• Will check Nostrodamus and The Bible Code to see if I can find any mention of Illinois!

Had a very bad night last night, retired to bed at 21.00 which is early for us, and didn't feel well. During the night I went down to the bathroom and had a very bad stomach, in fact it was coming out of both ends.

I went back to bed but could not settle, so went back downstairs to try and sleep on the sofa, I didn't want to disturb the wife and kids.

I was violently sick several times, had dizzy spells, and at one point difficulty breathing. I am trying to occupy myself until the mother-in-law arrives to take my son out!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Friday night (all for Halloween) we've got Extreme Ghost Stories, hours on Vamprires, ufo's...it's going to be a great night in!

Comment

• Stan, I saw those two shows advertised back to back yesterday and had to laugh. I knew I'd see something posted about it today. Looks like they're out to get you guys. I just wish they wouldn't put everything on Wednesday because I have to switch back and forth betw. channels, since Ghost Hunters is also on Wed. at 9 p.m.

Mike, You're with the kids alot. It's probably inevitable that they would bring home at least some viruses from nursery school, etc. I bet that's one reason you keep getting this stuff. I hope you're feeling better.

The last I heard about the fake Sasquatch, those guys are being sued and all kinds of stuff. They pulled a joke and ended up in trouble.

Lord Lucan, Sounds like you've got your Hallowe'en all planned out! Hope it's a good one.
                                Last edited by Celesta; 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X