No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must admit, some of them look like these Chinese Lanterns that are being set alight at garden parties! Some also look like rain drops on a sun roof!

Susan should be coming home from hospital at lunchtime, and she should be off work for two weeks to recover!
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Glad to hear that, Mike. You guys just keep getting hit with these health attacks, don't you? I hope she can manage to enjoy her Christmas.

I watched a few more videos on these UFO fleets. One compares the so-called UFOs to bird flocks. The UFO video were obviously of geese, or may ducks. I see the geese all the time, flying over and that's what I see on the video. The V-pattern shifts frequently and reforms in high flying geese flocks. Then at the end of the video they show a flock of blackbirds flying just above telephone pole level. Not the same thing at all. I'll try to find that video again.

Here it is. Not quite the same as I remember, but nevertheless, I think these could be birds.
      Last edited by Celesta; 12-23-2008, 05:34 PM.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Thanks for that link Celesta, I will have a look.

Susan is back home and resting, she has been told she needs at least two weeks off work, and she has a box full of pills and potions to take for that duration, but she is eating, drinking and talking, so all is well.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• I hope you're all doing well today, Gang. Have a good one, okay?

Best, Cel
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hope you all had a good one, I woke at 4 on Christmas morning with tonsilitis!! Have spent most of this Crimbo sleeping and have not had a proper meal since Xmas eve!!

I visited an emergancy Dr on Boxing Day, spent a fortune on Taxi's, and came home with a sack of medication!! I even have to drink warm drinks as cold drinks can spread the infection.

All I want is a cold can of Tango!!

Anyway, the kids had a great christmas, and I watched them open the presents, and listened to news of a crazed gunman in L.A, and realised, I am blessed!! In hindsight, I have had a wonderful Christmas, with those that matter the most!!

Bradley, my 4 year old got a telescope, and we have already started skywatching for 30 minutes a night. I sat with him in the garden this evening, we were both wrapped up warm, had our torches, telescopes, binoculars, and a spy glass and had so much fun, cant wait to get better, so we can do a long one!!
            Regards Mike

Comment

• Merry Christmas etc. to all

Celesta my best wishes to your brother

Mike look after yourself and have fun with the telescope I bet your son was super excited with that one

Now off to look up those UFO links

Comment

• Belated Holiday Greetings

Hi Stan, Celesta, and Mike,

I have been off the site for two weeks, and wish to extend to you all a hearty Merry Christmas and Happy Year (even if I am three days late).
                And Stan, thanks for the Happy Chanukah greeting.

Celesta I hope that things turn out well for your brother in 2009. I am aware of two other friends of mine who have cancer scares right now, and one is recovering from surgery at home. My prayers are with you and your family.

Nothing to report - I have added some more items to Wikipedia, but that is about it. Nothing exciting to report. I am in the process of reading books I have about France's Second Empire. Nothing else to say.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• Hello Jeff,

It's nice to hear from you. Thanks for the good wishes for my brother. They are deeply appreciated. He has more appointments next week. It looks like they may not have to do anything to his jaw, but I don't know for certain yet. This is scary stuff.

Hi Belinda, Thank you also for the good wishes. We can use all we can get.

Hey Mike,

I hope everyone is feeling better. I hope you're all enjoying the 'scope. My husband got one as a kid and we still use it now and again. I hope to get him a fancier one, if and when we ever move from here. Having an appreciation for what's out there in the Universe enriches a person's life, I think, and it helps put things into perspective.

Hi Stan, What's up?

Comment

• You're welcome Jeff. I guess you have one more candle to light.

Cel, after the blizzards, ice storms and, yesterday, tornadoes the house is still standing. They say floods are on the way too but I live in a hill.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Stan,

What a mess! I saw the videos about the flooding this morning and wondered if you were effected. From what you said, I guess you can't see it from where you are?

I didn't realize you got the tornadoes, though.

A woman I talk to in Wisconsin told me they are up to their hips in snow. That was earlier in the week and they were expecting more snow.

Good to know your safe. Hang in there and keeps us informed on your status.

Comment

• No stargazing tonight, too many clouds!

Stan, are you sure you don't live in Hull? It was awful seeing so many empty houses over the festive period, especially as many of the families are in caravans still!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Cel and Mike,

The flooding isn't due here for a day or two with the river rising. I'm high up enough that I don't have to worry about that, just some water in my basement once in a while. There are some fair sized limbs down in my back yard. They were mostly brought down by the ice. I was lucky because some people's electricity was off for almost a week so they had no heat when it was -7 F and windy. What's that, about -20 C? It's a cruel world.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Haven't been following the news of flooding in Hull or England in general. New York City actually had pretty warm weather this weekend. However my nephew in Chicago had pretty heavy snows.

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Gang,

Have a great New Year. You're a nice bunch of folks.

Stan, you still above water?

Mike, Is everyone about over their ippazoodics?

Jeff, Any new documents?

Belinda, Didn't get carried off by those UFO fleets, did you?

Take care, All.

Bestest,

Cel

Comment

• Happy New Year to everyone!!

Cel-I am still on the top side of the water surface. My electricity has been off but is back on now.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X