When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Cel,

I'm not snowed in but I have all the snow I want.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Celesta View Post
      Mike, I agree with Jeff on the leg. So what is this bit about UFOs over the twin towers? Surely nobody would be saying it was UFOs that knocked the bldgs down.
      The tag on the image just says "UFO's have been spotted the World over" but rather than use an actual image, a mock up is offered, which looks a little bit like the craft from "Independance Day"!

Other than that a great read.
      Regards Mike

Comment

I know what you mean about taxation without representation. I haven't had representation in years, except for the House.
        Yes I do have Aaron Shock, the youngest representative in the U.S. Congress by something like 7 years.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Stan, did you see the newspaper with the Otto Wilson murders in LA? Are you up on him?
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Cel,

I did look at that paper, thanks. It is a somewhat Ripper like case. I read a brief account on Wilson's murders in Newton's The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers a couple of years ago but my knowledge of the crimes is very limited. It almost makes Black Dahlia look like a copycat.
            Last edited by sdreid; 01-14-2009, 06:28 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Gang,

So what is this bit about UFOs over the twin towers? Surely nobody would be saying it was UFOs that knocked the bldgs down.

Jeff, That will be good for your mom then, and a help to you.
              Hi Celeste, Mike, and Stan,

Actually Mom will be going for an MRI tomorrow. I will be staying home with her on Thursday.

As for the doctored picture of the World Trade Center with the UFO over it,
              I can see some creep (like that French guy) writing a book of lies that it was not Osama bin Laden but a UFO attack that we misread that destroyed the two buildings. I used to spend many lunch hours in the twin towers. Their loss was quite a personal one to me.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• Sci Fi channel made an advertisement pre 2001, which showed a ufo flying away from the Twin Towers. After 9/11 the video found it's way to youtube and was promoted as real, only for people with brains to tell the idiots the truth.

The new issue of Fortean Times arrived today and features a rather interesting story about "The Dyatlov Pass Incident" where nine Russian skiers died in the Ural mountains. To this day, almost 50 years later, the case remains unsolved. So why is this fortean you ask?

Just before they died they reported seeing balls of fire in the sky!

There is also a a large ice berg shaped like a "frank and beans"
                Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                  Hi Cel,

I did look at that paper, thanks. It is a somewhat Ripper like case. I read a brief account on Wilson's murders in Newton's The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers a couple of years ago but my knowledge of the crimes is very limited. It almost makes Black Dahlia look like a copycat.

I had a vague memory of these killings and wondered if I had seen something here. Apparently not then.

Jeff, Maybe they can get some answers and hopefully some solutions for her pain.

I agree with you about the UFO Twin Towers picture and the French guy. It would be something he might do.
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Celeste,

Mom is still having pain (I stayed home yesterday and today) but she seems to be doing well, and we got a refill of her pain killer. Weather outside is quite cold and is going to get colder still. Possibly below 0 degrees Fahrenheit this weekend. Fortunately I did our food shopping this afternoon.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• It was -20 here this morning. Our high yesterday was -7.

We had a big fire on my street today and it burned to the ground because the hydrants were frozen. They finally got the water going so now the road is a sheet of ice.
                      Last edited by sdreid; 01-17-2009, 08:46 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Jeff and Stan,

It's cold here too but not anyone near as cold as what you guys are getting. We've had low teens but some areas here have had below zero temps. Stan, that is horrible about the house. Those poor people! A woman I talk to up in Wisconsin said it's horrible there, so cold that it actually hurts when she has to take the dog out. We're supposed to get some snowy mix tomorrow. Of course it'll be ice instead.

Jeff, I can empathize with your mom. Have they recommended any treatment?

You guys sit tight and stay warm.

Comment

• Hi Cel and Jeff,

The fire was actually a business with some upstairs apartments as I understood the news account. It's about 3 blocks from me.

Our final real low yesterday was -21. The good thing about that is it makes the +21 F we have now feel nice.

Best wishes to your mom Jeff. My next to oldest son fell on the ice last week and hurt his chest but he says it's slowly getting better. I always have to worry about my parents falling in this sort of weather since they aren't far from 90.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Celeste and Stan,

Mom got the results of the MRI from her doctor. Apparently this is a very bad case of arthritis, which is upon a nerve on her back. We just have to wait it out.

One positive thing has occurred. I have been in charge several times of the larder and kitchen, and am finding I am getting a better grasp on cooking than I ever did before. I'm not ready to do a Thanksgiving feast but I am less uneasy when it comes to actually timing the various stages.

I hope your son is feeling better Stan. Slipping is pretty bad, but to fall during the winter is not good at all.

I added a little bit to the Wikipedia article on Sir William Gull regarding the Jack the Ripper suspicions. Not much but I think it was worth bringing up
                            (my take on why he got so twisted into the "Royalist" theory as a suspect).

Also added some bits on some French history concerning statesmen "Jules Ferry" and "Jules Favre", and the murder (in 1911) of novelist David Graham Phillips in Gramercy Park (remember his big works: The Treason of the Senate and Susan Lennox, Her Fall and Rise? How about The Fashionable Life of Joshua Craig? I didn't think so, although Susan Lennox actually was made into a film in 1932 with Garbo and Clark Gable.). I've been adding stuff to a wide variety of items.

However nothing about UFOs. I really ought to try to find some comment or other to add about them, particularly as I haven't said anything useful about the subject on this thread in months.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• Jeff, there hasn't been much going on in UFOs lately, or else I've missed it, which would be totally unsurprising. I've heard that certain spices can help with arthritis. Turmeric? I know turmeric is useful for preventing memory problems. Also, reports say that glucosamine-chondroitin helps prevent the inflammation that causes arthritis suffers problems. Maybe a search for remedies would be useful. I know that the doctor injected my sister's knee with glucosamine, etc. to relieve her knee trouble.

Stan, how's your son? If he hit his ribcage I'll bet he was sore. I remember Magpie fell getting out of his car last winter and it slowed him down for awhile. Falls are bad.

Has the cold eased up any? We've warmed up into the 30's. It sleeted some here last night and there was winter precip up in the mountains but so far so good.

Comment

• Hi Cel and Jeff,

Yes, my son is feeling better, it's above zero and I've finished shoveling the snow off my driveway.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X