No announcement yet.

When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would make an excellent movie, Oscar worthy, I might pitch the idea to Oliver Stone, who could turn it into a conspiracy laden epic!
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
      (Text Snipped) a look at the strange vanishing acts across the years including,
      Jimmy Hoffa, Lord Lucan, Lionel "Buster" Crabb, Amy Johnson, Amelia Earhart, Mallory and Irvine, Glen Miller, and many many more.
      Buster Crabb? Must be a different fellow than the one I first thought of; The actor who played Tarzan, Flash Gordon, and Buck Rogers in the old theater serials of the 1930s and '40s! He made a guest star appearance in Gil Gerrard's TV version of Buck Rogers back in 1979.

OK, a quick Google search does indeed show that they are two different men. The one who disappeared was nicknamed after the Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon actor since they were both known for swimming.

You live and you learn,

Vila
      "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
      Dan L Hollifield
      Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
      http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

• The story of Lionel "Buster" Crabb is one of my favourite tales and has everything that would also make a great film.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• Diappearances

Hi Vila, Stan, Mike, and Celeste,

I have been off for awhile, on that Wikipedia site.

Lester "Buster" Crabb was not the holiwood swimming actor. He was Commodore Crabb, an underwater agent on spying missions. He vanished in 1955 (I think it was 1955 - you can correct me) when he took a dip in his scuba gear in Portsmouth Harbor in England. A Russian cruiser was there that had brought some leading Soviet leaders for a conference, and the theory was that Crabb may have been killed while trying to somehow listen into the ship (through the hull?) and being captured. Or did he defect? Anyway he was never heard from again.

In 1960 there was a British comedy with James Mason and George Sanders that was suggested by this incident, wherein Mason (a decorated war hero with access to military secrets) decides to cash in by hiding out on an island near a spot that he "was last seen at" , with the media suggesting he defected. Actually it was a better comedy than you might think.

Good luck with the publishing Mike.

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

The book I have says 1956 but close enough.

Well, that makes 4 out of the last 7 governors we've elected as I conjectured a while back.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Mike,

I actually wrote a message listing about six governors who were disgraced in the office in Albany, but again this website acts up to prevent the publishing of a long message.

Jeff

Comment

• Hi guys, here is the report, history and amusing pictures from the last investigation,

Regards Mike

Comment

• Jeff,

I have the same problem. What I do is highlight and copy what I've written, then I backspace and try to open a "Reply to Thread" box. The login thing will come up. Then I just login again, then paste my message and go from there.

Sorry to say I don't know much about either Buster Crabb.

Best,

Cel
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• How cold is it in that pic Mike? It'd have to be -40 for me to have that much on.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Although the temperature was recorded in the 20's, it was really cold, outside it was really icy and there were moments where steam came from the mouth.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Hi Gang,

While I have the chance, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a healthy, prosperous, and happy New Year.

I got some bad news this week. My brother has cancer, so it's very tense here. I'm just trying to make as good a Christmas for him as I can without overdoing the jolly, cheerful bit.

My blessings on you all.

Cel
                        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• A get well wish to your brother Cel.

Happy New Year to all!

Merry Christmas the Cel, Mike and the rest!

Happy Chanukah to Jeff!

Stan Reid

Comment

• Thank you, Stan. Hope you're not too snowed- or iced- in to get out and celebrate. The get well wishes are much appreciated. It's gonna be a long haul.

I forgot to say Happy Solstice, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and all other holidays of the season. Don't know why I didn't put those in there. It's not like me to not to.

Comment

• Send our wishes to your brother Celesta. And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Check out the latest global phenomena, Ufo fleets!! Bloody thousands of them, just hope they aliens don't look like Keanu Reeves!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In fact if you put "UFO Fleet" in the search box on youtube, there are thousands of videos!!
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• I don't know what those are. Some could be birds, but they have a balloon like quality.

Thanks, Mike. I'll pass these good wishes on to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X