When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Jeff
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      Where's Jeff

I don't know. I just checked and saw it's been not quite a week since he posted. Last time I spoke to him he was feeling pretty well. Maybe he's just busy?
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hope he is just busy!

Just bought Tom Slemens "Mysterious and Bizarre People" and found a chapter on jack the Ripper alongside strange people such as The Nebulans and the Atlanteans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Regards Mike

Comment

• I'll send Jeff an email if he's off for a couple of more days. If that doesn't get a response after a week, I'll send a postal letter and if that doesn't get a response after a couple of weeks, I'll call him.

Stan Reid

Comment

I'll send Jeff an email if he's off for a couple of more days. If that doesn't get a response after a week, I'll send a postal letter and if that doesn't get a response after a couple of weeks, I'll call him.

He's not on JTR Forums is he? I couldn't find him on there. I hope he is not having problems. Did you try to PM him?
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Celesta,

No, I didn't try to PM him. I have his regular email address but that doesn't help if he is a having computer problems as he has before.

He's not on JTRForums unless he's under an assumed name.

I'll have to check out UFO Hunters tonight to get the reports on the Texas Invasion.

Like I said, if vanish from here, I'm either dead or in prison.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Celesta,

No, I didn't try to PM him. I have his regular email address but that doesn't help if he is a having computer problems as he has before.

He's not on JTRForums unless he's under an assumed name.

I'll have to check out UFO Hunters tonight to get the reports on the Texas Invasion.

Like I said, if vanish from here, I'm either dead or in prison.

Hi Stan, Dead is no excuse!

I know about computer troubles though. I had them most of last year.

Comment

• A couple of years ago when I began researching Haunted Hull I was told about a UFO Landing in the East of the City.
                  Initial reports stated that the UFO had landed in a park in the Greatfield Estate area, yet after hours of research both online and at Local Studies Library, I found nothing!

A couple of days ago a report was published in the local press (Hull Daily Mail) it was from a reader who had witnessed something, albeit on the Longhill Estate!

The flood gates opened and soon the Hull Daily Mail's website Yoursay was packed full of similar reports. I also managed to track down some origional press reports from the period.

More amazingly, I was discussing the case with my father and he chipped in,

"It was my friend and workmate Steve who saw it, back in 1967, he was always talking about it, he is no longer with us, but he remembered it well!"

If only I had asked my dad first!!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Mike, I think we are taught to overlook the obvious because the obvious seems to be too simple!

So what did you find out? What were people seeing?

Stan, I saw the UFO Hunters in Texas. The main thing I wish they had done was to have someone posted at the individual's homes from where they established the bearings used to do the triangulations to see if the balloon with the lasers was visible from the homes. I was surprised by the light beam. I've never seen anything like that. Have you?

Comment

• I have a couple of appointments due to look over some reports but the vast majority of people are stating they saw a "Orange cylander" (Not sure if thats spelt right)
                      Anyway since loads of people have come forward, loads of others have come forward stating they were there that night on the park setting off fireworks!!

The funny thing is, these parks are fairly small, only East Park and West Park as any real size, the smaller parks in the estate, usually have a small football field, and a couple of swings etc!

It is not, however the only time a UFO was seen landing in Hull, another event occured just 5 minutes away on some ground by a factory, this was in the 50's and was not officially reported but a lot of the workforce testified to having seen things, and many had witnessed a "Craft".

The same company had a health and safety inspection a couple of weeks ago, and the head inspector, who is a close friend of my fathers was stopped by men in black suits flashing I.D's from the Ministry of Defence!
                      They were told that they didn't need to inspect a certain area of the plant and to turn around and go about their work!

My theory is more down to earth, the industries along the river hull are potential targets for extremists, my dads mill has had nutters hanging from ropes of the top on several occasions!!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Men in black? Guys hanging from ropes? This world is getting weirder and weirder.

Comment

• The guys on ropes were from Greenpeace and protesting against something or another, my dads mill is built over a road, so if he needs supplies he has to head over the road. He was warned not to touch the protestors in any way as they could have him done!!

But you are right the world is getting stranger!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• How about sending the protesters several complementary boxes of donuts (laced with Ex-Lax)?

That video the guy took for UFO Hunters could have been about anything. I'm not even sure why they waisted the time showing it.

I just sent Jeff a message to his regular email which likely won't do much good if his computer is down.

Stan Reid

Comment

How about sending the protesters several complementary boxes of donuts (laced with Ex-Lax)?

That video the guy took for UFO Hunters could have been about anything. I'm not even sure why they waisted the time showing it.

I just sent Jeff a message to his regular email which likely won't do much good if his computer is down.

I was disappointed that they didn't show more of the local people and relate their stories, instead of making a big deal out of the balloon. Still, I think it was worth it for the video of the beam of light. The deer certainly got the hell out of Dodge.

I hope it's just the computer and not his health.

Comment

• Hi all,

It is not my computer (although I have gotten a warning it is infected by several spying devices and I have to clean it up). I just have been concentrating on IMDB and Find-a-grave sites. Also I had nothing to give on the topics being discussed, having fortunately never had an encounter with an odd creature of any sort (except of the human variety, of course).

Actually I got good news - my regular doctor said I do not need the laparectomy, as my gall bladder (aside from some slight scaring) is not riddled with stones. Actually I have been feeling better there.

Not too much to report: I got a new autograph for my collection last weekend: Senator Ira Harris of New York writing about a county meeting it's quota of new recruits for the Northern Armies. The letter is from the U.S. Senate, and it is dated February 25, 1865. Two months later Senator Harris' daughter Clara and stepson Major Henry Rathbone attended OUR AMERICAN COUSIN with President and Mrs. Lincoln. That is not mentioned in the letter of course.

I got a reply from a letter I sent to novelist, under-water archeologist Clive Cussler. It was about an 1841 missing vessel mystery.

I attended part of a lecture given at Manhattan Community College by an old high school acquaintance on Tuesday.

Those are the highpoints of the week.

I hope of course you are all doing well, and that you will bear with me while I try to keep up on this web site. It's hard to make time go around evenly.

Best wishes.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X