JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Depends on each witness and how they class light and dark in clothing terms. As I said, compared to the men behind in what look likes black, then yes it is a lot lighter. The shirt has light brown in it. Worn with a white t-shirt below I can see why it would be termed light. Light brown. With the white t-shirt in daylight the overall appearance is well within the scope of light. It's not black or navy.

Howard Brennan and Robert Edwards both claimed to see a man at the window on the sixth floor, with boxes stacked behind him.

According to Brennan, the man was wearing light-coloured clothing.

According to Robert Edwards, the man wore a white or yellow sport shirt.

Neither witness described a brown shirt, which is what Oswald was wearing.

Comment

Depends on each witness and how they class light and dark in clothing terms. As I said, compared to the men behind in what look likes black, then yes it is a lot lighter. The shirt has light brown in it. Worn with a white t-shirt below I can see why it would be termed light. Light brown. With the white t-shirt in daylight the overall appearance is well within the scope of light. It's not black or navy.
      I was going to post exactly the same thing.
      And Marion Baker, who saw Oswald two minutes after the shooting, described his clothing said;

"At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white - looking shirt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

I was going to post exactly the same thing.
        And Marion Baker, who saw Oswald two minutes after the shooting, described his clothing said;

"At that particular time I was looking at his face, and it seemed to me like he had a light brown jacket on and maybe some kind of white - looking shirt"

Neither Brennan nor Edwards mentioned the colour brown in their statements made on the day of the assassination.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Neither Brennan nor Edwards mentioned the colour brown in their statements made on the day of the assassination.
          But the descriptions they did give tally with Baker's description of Oswald's clothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

But the descriptions they did give tally with Baker's description of Oswald's clothing.

They did not.

They did not mention the colour brown!

Baker did and he was referring to a jacket.

Edwards did not mention a jacket nor the colour brown.

Comment

• Please see my replies below

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Howard Brennan and Robert Edwards both claimed to see a man at the window on the sixth floor, with boxes stacked behind him.

White t-shirt and light brown shirt. That is light coloured clothing.

Seems he was correct. He was wearing white.

There were probably lots of other things that they didn't describe. Given a quick look at someone a distance away sounds like a good description to me.
              Another totally pointless line of argument that you've concocted.

Comment

Oh come on!

Maybe Oswald's shirt should have been put on a parade with a few other random shirts and he should have been released without charge if his wasn't picked out.

Best regards,
                OneRound

Comment

Please see my replies below

Another totally pointless line of argument that you've concocted.

I wrote:

You replied:

I wrote:

You replied:

You are, I am afraid, misrepresenting the eyewitness evidence.

Neither Brennan nor Edwards mentioned brown clothing.

I provided a colour photograph of the shirt.

It is obviously not light-coloured clothing.

Edwards mentioned a white or yellow sport shirt, not a white t-shirt.

Contrary to your claim that I have 'concocted another pointless line of argument', I have, as always, adhered to the actual evidence.

I suggest you do the same.

Comment

• please see my reply below

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

I wrote:

You replied:

I wrote:

You replied:

You are, I am afraid, misrepresenting the eyewitness evidence.

Neither Brennan nor Edwards mentioned brown clothing.

I provided a colour photograph of the shirt.

It is obviously not light-coloured clothing.

Edwards mentioned a white or yellow sport shirt, not a white t-shirt.

Contrary to your claim that I have 'concocted another pointless line of argument', I have, as always, adhered to the actual evidence.

I suggest you do the same.

light brown

Comment

please see my reply below

light brown

Here are photographs of Warren Commission exhibits 150 and 151.

They were described by the Warren Commission as follows:
                      150 Man's brown shirt. 515
                      151 Man's light-brown cotton long-sleeved sport shirt.

Here are the photographs of them:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	24.2 KB ID:	808083

It is quite clear that exhibit 150, above, is dark and exhibit 151, below, is light.

Exhibit 150 is a black-and-white photograph of the shirt whose colour photograph I have already provided - the one you describe as light brown.

Upon his capture in a theater less than two hours after Kennedy was killed, Oswald was wearing a brown shirt composed of dark blue, grey-black and orange-yellow cotton fibers over a white T-shirt

Several times that day, Oswald was dragged before the cameras. The available footage shows he was still wearing the dark brown shirt he was wearing when arrested.

The shirt under discussion was not light-coloured as you keep claiming.

Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 04-02-2023, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Would you call this light-coloured?

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSWALD SHIRT COLOUR PIC.webp
Views:	352
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	808044
                        I wouldn't call it light colored, but I would call it light-weight. (Which is sensible in Texas.)
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

They were described by the Warren Commission as follows:
                          150 Man's brown shirt. 515
                          151 Man's light-brown cotton long-sleeved sport shirt.

The people who catalouged the clothes were not witnesses in question. Therefore your argument is totally meaningless.

What was actually said:

Given a quick look at someone a distance away sounds like a good description to me.

I was overly generous earlier when I said another totally pointless line of argument that you've concocted. Given the rather handy composite of Oswald and coloured shirt, what I should have said is, another totally pointless line of argument you copied and pasted from some crank conspiracy website.​
                          ​​

Comment

He said the man was wearing light-coloured clothing.

Oswald was not.
                            Suspects aren't put in a lineup so that witnesses can identify their shirt.

Oswald was 5'9, slender build, 24 years old.

"He was a white man in his early 30’s, slender, nice looking, slender and would weight about 165 to 175 pounds. He had on light colored clothing but definitely not a suit." - Howard Brennan

The police report given based in Brennan's description was "White male, approximately thirty, slender build, height five feet ten inches, 165 pounds."

Officer Tippett asked the dispatcher to repeat that description just before he stopped Oswald.​​​

Howard Brennan gave an accurate description of Oswald.
                            "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Suspects aren't put into lineups so that witnesses can identify their shirt.

And the photo you post show that Oswald's shirt was not fully buttoned, exposing his white undershirt.
                              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

The people who catalouged the clothes were not witnesses in question. Therefore your argument is totally meaningless.

I was overly generous earlier when I said another totally pointless line of argument that you've concocted. Given the rather handy composite of Oswald and coloured shirt, what I should have said is, another totally pointless line of argument you copied and pasted from some crank conspiracy website.​
                                ​​

The people who catalogued the clothes saw what Oswald's shirt looked like.

They were definite that it was not light-coloured and contradict what you claim.

I did not copy and paste an argument from a website.

I copied and pasted the fact that Oswald's shirt was made of dark blue, grey-black and orange-yellow cotton fibres.

Where do you think that website - which you call a crank conspiracy website - got that information?

It was from the FBI.

You can find the same description - fibers of dark blue, gray‐black and orange-yellow shades - at

rept describes ballistics tests used to trace bullets to Oswald's rifle; illus; article on 'myths' about assassination that rept tries to dispel; its rebuttal to charges in books by T G Buchanan and J Joesten outlined; M Lane disputes rept, press conf, NYC; holds that if rept contained all available evidence, Oswald would be acquitted of assassination and Tippitt killing; says his Citizens Com of Inquiry will continue to try to find answers to 'unanswered questions'

Light-coloured shirts are not made from dark blue, grey-black and orange-yellow cotton fibres.

You are plainly wrong about that shirt being light-coloured.

Comment

Working...
                                X