JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Howard Brennan gave an accurate description of Oswald.

He described a man wearing light coloured clothes.

Oswald was wearing a brown shirt, which contained black fibres.

He was not wearing light-coloured clothes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
      You are, I am afraid, misrepresenting the eyewitness evidence.

Neither Brennan nor Edwards mentioned brown clothing.

I provided a colour photograph of the shirt.

It is obviously not light-coloured clothing.

Edwards mentioned a white or yellow sport shirt, not a white t-shirt.

Contrary to your claim that I have 'concocted another pointless line of argument', I have, as always, adhered to the actual evidence.

I suggest you do the same.

You are the one misrepresenting evidence. Brennan got the shirt color wrong, but you act as if Oswald was identified by the color of his shirt.

And you deliberately, repeatedly ignore the evidence of Brennan's description of Oswald.

Oswald was 5'9, slender build, 24 years old.

"He was a white man in his early 30’s, slender, nice looking, slender and would weight about 165 to 175 pounds. He had on light colored clothing but definitely not a suit." - Howard Brennan

The police report given based in Brennan's description was "White male, approximately thirty, slender build, height five feet ten inches, 165 pounds."

Officer Tippett asked the dispatcher to repeat that description just before he stopped Oswald.​​

When Brennan saw Oswald in a police lineup, he said Oswald looked like the man he saw shooting JFK, but that he could not be certain.

Brennan wasn't called in to identify Oswald's shirt.
      "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

The people who catalogued the clothes saw what Oswald's shirt looked like.

They weren't the witnesses though so this argument, same as all the others, is meaningless.

Comment

He described a man wearing light coloured clothes.

Oswald was wearing a brown shirt, which contained black fibres.

He was not wearing light-coloured clothes.
          Brennan wasn't called in to identify Oswald's shirt.

Brennan's description of Oswald's clothing somewhat inaccurate.

Brennan's description of Oswald was accurate.
          "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Upon his capture in a theater less than two hours after Kennedy was killed, Oswald was wearing a brown shirt composed of dark blue, grey-black and orange-yellow cotton fibers over a white T-shirt
            Note the word white in that quote.

Note that Oswald's white undershirt is clearly visible in the photo since he did not fully button his shirt.

Comment

You are the one misrepresenting evidence. Brennan got the shirt color wrong, but you act as if Oswald was identified by the color of his shirt.

And you deliberately, repeatedly ignore the evidence of Brennan's description of Oswald.

I have not misrepresented evidence.

It was I who uploaded a colour photograph of Oswald's shirt, the black-and-white photograph of it together with the Warren Commission's description of it, contrasting it with a description and photograph of the next exhibit, and the FBI's report about the colours of the fibres of the shirt.

I did not ignore Brennan's description of the man.

I pointed out that he described a man about eight years older than Oswald and wearing light-coloured clothes.

I have stated facts.

My critics say that Oswald could have looked eight years older than Brennan and a brown shirt containing black fibres could have looked light-coloured to him.

That looks like taking eyewitness evidence and fitting it to the suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

They weren't the witnesses though so this argument, same as all the others, is meaningless.

Of course the Warren Commission record is not meaningless.

They described the shirt (exhibit 150) as brown and the next exhibit (151), showing a much-lighter coloured shirt, as light brown, indicating that the shirt (exhibit 151) was dark.

The FBI determined that the shirt contained dark blue and black fibres.

It was obviously not light-coloured.

Such evidence is, presumably, termed 'meaningless' because it agrees with my description of the shirt as not light-coloured!
                Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 04-02-2023, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Note the word white in that quote.

Note that Oswald's white undershirt is clearly visible in the photo since he did not fully button his shirt.

You seem to be suggesting that Brennan suffered from a peculiar form of colour blindness which allowed him to see white clothing but not brown.

Comment

Of course the Warren Commission record is not meaningless.

They described the shirt (exhibit 150) as brown and the next exhibit (151), showing a much-lighter coloured shirt, as light brown, indicating that the shirt (exhibit 151) was dark.

The FBI determined that the shirt contained dark blue and black fibres.

It was obviously not light-coloured.

Such evidence is, presumably, termed 'meaningless' because it agrees with my description of the shirt as not light-coloured!
                    On the one hand you have the WC who have the garment up close and get a good look at it. You have their description. On the other hand you have witnesses who got a limited view from distance in combination with white t shirt below. It is entirely understandable that 'light' was used. The subtlety of this is no doubt lost on you.

It's no good bleating on about black flecks when the shirt is full of light brown to yellowy looking flecks as well.

You noticed how few people can actually be bother replying to you now on any thread? I wonder why? You won't be hearing from me again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

On the one hand you have the WC who have the garment up close and get a good look at it. You have their description. On the other hand you have witnesses who got a limited view from distance in combination with white t shirt below. It is entirely understandable that 'light' was used. The subtlety of this is no doubt lost on you.

It's no good bleating on about black flecks when the shirt is full of light brown to yellowy looking flecks as well.

You noticed how few people can actually be bother replying to you now on any thread? I wonder why? You won't be hearing from me again.

The explanation for the discrepancy is that the Commission staff were looking at Oswald's shirt, whereas Brennan and Edwards were describing a shirt belonging to someone else.

I still receive plenty of replies from people who are prepared to have an exchange of views and accept the physical evidence when they see it, as I do.

If you are referring to Scott Nelson, I have put the same point to him four times so far, to the best of my recollection, and he has never replied.

I made a serious point, drawing attention to a logical fallacy in his argument.

You can describe his failure to respond as his 'not being bothered to reply to' me, as though I am the one who is wrong.

If it were that easy to refute the point I made, don't you think he would have done so by now?

In your case, you are simply arguing after having lost the argument.

The physical evidence, from the description provided by the Commission, their photograph, the colour photograph, and the colours of the fibres as recorded by the FBI, prove that the shirt could not have appeared to be light-coloured, contrary to what you claim.

Comment

I have not misrepresented evidence.

I did not ignore Brennan's description of the man.

I pointed out that he described a man about eight years older than Oswald and wearing light-coloured clothes.

I have stated facts..
                        You have repeatedly ignored facts and misrepresented evidence.

Brennan got the shirt color wrong, but you act as if Oswald was identified by the color of his shirt.

"He was a white man in his early 30’s, slender, nice looking, slender and would weight about 165 to 175 pounds. He had on light colored clothing but definitely not a suit." - Howard Brennan

The police report given based in Brennan's description was "White male, approximately thirty, slender build, height five feet ten inches, 165 pounds."

Officer Tippett asked the dispatcher to repeat that description just before he stopped Oswald.​​

When Brennan saw Oswald in a police lineup, he said Oswald looked like the man he saw shooting JFK, but that he could not be certain.

Brennan wasn't called in to identify Oswald's shirt.​

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                          Wade’s evidence as announced to the public included some of the following.

That the rifle found was a Mauser. Wade was not the only person who apparently misidentified the weapon- at least four policemen made the same error which later changed nationality and calibre. He knew of ‘several witnesses’ who had seen Oswald at the 6th floor window although it seems there was only one, Mr. Brennan. Wade claimed that Marrion Baker was on the point of arresting Oswald inside the TSBD until Roy Truly intervened. Baker never claimed this since he could hardly arrest a man for drinking a bottle of cola on the 2nd floor. The story that Oswald boarded a bus and laughed at the assassination of the president was also part of Wade’s case, though that turned out to have been a case of mistaken identity on a different bus. Wade named the taxi driver who had taken Oswald to his boarding house (not close to it) as Darryl Click, a highly unlikely name later explained to be a stenographer mishearing Wade say ‘Oak Cliff.’ A map found in Oswald’s rooming house was also damning evidence since it marked the TSBD and had lines drawn from that building. On closer inspection it seemed this was simply a map Oswald had used to locate possible job opportunities.
                          Wade was reciting from memory and made some mistakes in his statement.

* Wade did not say that the rifle was a Mauser. He referred to it as "a used gun of Italian make".

* A number of people did see the gunman at the sixth floor window - Brennan was the only one able to provide a description. Wade said "People can not positively identify him from the ground; he fits their general description."

* Wade never said "Darryl Click". A reporter asked "Where?" and Wade replied "In Oak Cliff."

* Wade never mentioned a map.

Though he makes some minor errors, Wade did a fairly good job of summing up the evidence against Oswald. Wade also mentioned that Dallas Police were continuing to investigate if Oswald had any accomplices.

Apparently the DPD didn't get their memo from the Conspiracy to stop looking for Oswald's possible accomplices.

Comment

• Wade never said "Darryl Click". A reporter asked "Where?" and Wade replied "In Oak Cliff."

(Fiver)

He then — the bus, he asked the bus driver to stop, got off at a stop, caught a taxicab driver, Darryl Click — I don’t have his exact place — and went to his home in Oak Cliff, changed his clothes hurriedly, and left

(District Attorney Henry Wade)

Comment

According to the Warren Commission Report and its supporters here, President Kennedy was shot in the back of the neck.

Why was he not propelled backwards by that shot?
                              JFK was not propelled forwards or backwards by the bullet to his neck.

That's the way reality works - bullets only propel people around in Hollywood.

Comment

JFK was not propelled forwards or backwards by the bullet to his neck.

That's the way reality works - bullets only propel people around in Hollywood.

JFK never received a bullet to the back of his neck.

He received a shot that hit him about six inches below his neckline, as confirmed by eyewitness testimony, FBI reports of the autopsy, FBI measurements of the bullet holes in the President's clothing, and the autopsy diagrams.

Comment

Working...
                                X