JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Is Vince Bugliosi the only book you’ve read on the case?

JM
    No, I have I think somewhere between 40 and 45 books still (Bishop, Lane, Thompson, Weissberg, Davis, Summers, Lane, Garrison, Groden, Lifton, Menninger etc.) Only 2 (possibly 3) are non-conspiracy books (Bugliosi and Posner, there maybe one more but I could be wrong on that) I was pro-conspiracy until Posner sowed doubts (though obviously there were faults in Posner - Bugliosi points out many of them) and I accept of course some of Bugliosi’s conclusions have been challenged. For me though, when I ask myself is a conspiracy involving Oswald likely, in those circumstances, doing what he did and behaving as he did before and after the assassination. So my opinion is, was Oswald completely uninvolved? Not a chance in a million imo. Was he a part of a conspiracy involving agencies like the government, CIA or the FBI? Unlikely in the extreme. Was he unwittingly duped into being a part of a plot to kill Kennedy? I find it difficult/impossible to see how. Could some small group localised group have persuaded Oswald to kill the President? Possible. Could the CIA, if Oswald had previously been used by them, have been embarrassed when they found that one of their former guys killed JFK, have tried to suppress evidence that connected him to them? Yes.

Just my opinions Jon. I could be wrong about everything.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• It will be recalled that originally the rifle found was described as a "Mauser 7.65". A mistake in both brand AND calibre. Explanation? The reference was to the type of action, not the brand. And the calibre? I haven't heard and explanation for that one. Bugliosi implied that a simple mistake can be turned into a conspiracy. But wait....what does this signed statement indicate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shells-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	803923

Nothing I hear you say, they were just numbering items found, not indicating the number found.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shells-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	803924

Just a typo or a simple oversight. Anyone could make this mistake. Stop nit-picking?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shells-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	803925

Hmm, how are we going to explain this.
      The live round was found in the chamber and the clip was empty, which means the clip would have automatically been ejected. But wait.....everyone heard at least three shots. So the gunman took the time to pick up the clip and replace it in the rifle, and pick up one case but leave the other two. That's a bit odd isn't it??

No problem. We've just located a police officer that put one case in his pocket and didn't mention it because he didn't think it was important. Yeh, that's it.​
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GBinOz; 02-13-2023, 12:46 AM.
      They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
      Out of a misty dream
      Our path emerges for a while, then closes
      Within a dream.
      Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Just my opinions Jon. I could be wrong about everything.
        It wouldn't be the first time!

Sorry Herlock. I just couldn't resist and I know how much you enjoy humorous ribbing between friends. Feel free to retaliate at any time.

Cheers, George
        Out of a misty dream
        Within a dream.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	GN-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	803929

Most people are familiar with the Moorman photo, but here is what is claimed to be an image of a gunman. I'm always a bit sceptical about seeing things in what seems to be random mixture of light and dark, but this enlargement is more impressive than most.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GN-2a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	803930

It seems to depict a muzzle blast but JFK's head has not been hit, which would mean the bullet is in flight. The bright spot below the muzzle blast is purported to be a badge.

This is not the position defined by the acoustic tests. That is to the left of the corner of the picket fence, next to the tree trunk, where the footprints and cigarette butts were found. I've seen another of these enhanced photos that show an image there too, but I can't locate it at present.

While the evidence is almost overwhelming for a gunman on the grassy knoll since the synchronisation of the audio file, a second gunman in this position might seem to make it a little crowded up there. I can already hear the chant of "Photoshop" from the Apologists.

Cheers, George
          Last edited by GBinOz; 02-13-2023, 02:18 AM.
          Out of a misty dream
          Within a dream.

Comment

• What can one say George, Really , with out a doubt the best 3 Documentaries every made. on the kennedy assassination.

1 The men who killed Kennedy

2 JFK unsolved 'the real Conspiracy' ''Josiah Thompson''a legend for a lifetimes work that helped discovered the truth .

3 The innocents of Lee Harvey Oswald

4 ''Doublecross'' [Book] Chuck Giancarna.[ Just for good measure]

Im just a bit perplexed how any educated person can watch all 3 and come away with ''Oswald as the lone gunman''
            We now know with modern day technology that shows at the very least the inconsistancies and contraditions of the Warren Commission report, that in many cases where by their ''Assassination explanation'' of the 3 bullett theory has proven on countless occasions to show that senario to be flat out wrong. And in some cases just a big fat lie ..

Kudos to your research and very informatiove posts ty George .
            Last edited by FISHY1118; 02-13-2023, 02:49 AM.
            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Hi Pat,

In my area the next HGM is on the 14th and is listed as The Chicago Tylenol Murders but I’m sure that the Kennedy one will be shown eventually.

Apparently the Tylenol murders were a poisoning case. I hadn’t heard of it.
              Well, they always say to "check your local listings" about programs. Maybe your station has a local reason to substitute another episode.

Yes, I've seen shows on the Tylenol Murders, and it's interesting. There was a good deal of fear at the time, if I recall. Won't tell you the solution, but the culprit was very cold, I'd say.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                What can one say George, Really , with out a doubt the best 3 Documentaries every made. on the kennedy assassination.

1 The men who killed Kennedy

2 JFK unsolved 'the real Conspiracy' ''Josiah Thompson''a legend for a lifetimes work that helped discovered the truth .

3 The innocents of Lee Harvey Oswald

4 ''Doublecross'' [Book] Chuck Giancarna.[ Just for good measure]

Im just a bit perplexed how any educated person can watch all 3 and come away with ''Oswald as the lone gunman''
                We now know with modern day technology that shows at the very least the inconsistancies and contraditions of the Warren Commission report, that in many cases where by their ''Assassination explanation'' of the 3 bullett theory has proven on countless occasions to show that senario to be flat out wrong. And in some cases just a big fat lie ..

Kudos to your research and very informatiove posts ty George .
                It’s not surprising that anyone might believe in a conspiracy when all that they read or watch is by people telling them that there was a conspiracy and when they point blank refuse to look at anything to the contrary Fishy.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	GN-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	803929

Most people are familiar with the Moorman photo, but here is what is claimed to be an image of a gunman. I'm always a bit sceptical about seeing things in what seems to be random mixture of light and dark, but this enlargement is more impressive than most.

Click image for larger version Name:	GN-2a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	803930

It seems to depict a muzzle blast but JFK's head has not been hit, which would mean the bullet is in flight. The bright spot below the muzzle blast is purported to be a badge.

This is not the position defined by the acoustic tests. That is to the left of the corner of the picket fence, next to the tree trunk, where the footprints and cigarette butts were found. I've seen another of these enhanced photos that show an image there too, but I can't locate it at present.

While the evidence is almost overwhelming for a gunman on the grassy knoll since the synchronisation of the audio file, a second gunman in this position might seem to make it a little crowded up there. I can already hear the chant of "Photoshop" from the Apologists.

Cheers, George
                  There’s no need to cry ‘photoshop’ for a random piece of shading George.

So this sound recording even contradicts all the witnesses that conspiracists use to promote conspiracy?

Could you refresh my memory about the Dictabelt recording please George. As far as I recall this has been shown several times not to have recorded gunshots. The last time, I believe, was 2013.

No need for me to chant ‘photoshop’ George when I can chant “Oswald’s gun with Oswald’s prints, which he was seen bringing to work, found on the floor where Oswald was alone and where he hadn’t done any work all that morning.”

…..

What also needs re-stating is that for CT’s your point about the gun would require that the conspirators, who took the time and effort to dupe Oswald and to create a paper trail for the guns that lead to him and to rig all investigations post-assassination, proceeded to show the public a completely different rifle to the one that they claimed that Oswald used. This is about as unbelievable as it gets. They might as well claim that Oswald took a bus to work and that Frazier simply mistook another friend for Oswald when he took him to work.
                  Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 02-13-2023, 09:24 AM.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

Well, they always say to "check your local listings" about programs. Maybe your station has a local reason to substitute another episode.

Yes, I've seen shows on the Tylenol Murders, and it's interesting. There was a good deal of fear at the time, if I recall. Won't tell you the solution, but the culprit was very cold, I'd say.
                    We often get programmes that turn out not to be the ones advertised Pat. As you say, it will be shown eventually.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Gun - Wikipedia

Rifle - Wikipedia
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

It’s not surprising that anyone might believe in a conspiracy when all that they read or watch is by people telling them that there was a conspiracy and when they point blank refuse to look at anything to the contrary Fishy.
                        Not really the case tho Herlock, ive read and studied a lot of the Warren Comission and the standed ''Lone Assassin'' stuff over many years . I just choose this version of event in my last post as it stands up , and has been proven to be a more accurate dipiction of what really happened that day .
                        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

So this sound recording even contradicts all the witnesses that conspiracists use to promote conspiracy?

Could you refresh my memory about the Dictabelt recording please George. As far as I recall this has been shown several times not to have recorded gunshots. The last time, I believe, was 2013.
                          Hi Herlock,

I spent some hours, on your recommendation, watching the trial of Oswald. I think that Bugliosi led the witnesses far too much, engaged mostly in speculation and tried to bully witnesses into speculating on matters about which they could have had no knowledge. I found the most interesting testimony came from Edwin Lopez.

You will recall that there were two dictabelt recordings and it was claimed that the second disproved the first. That has subsequently been proved to be incorrect. When the sound recording is overlaid and synchronised with the ZP there is a plethora of new information revealed. Of particular interest is the double headshot after frame 312. But I won't attempt to explain here. It is all set out in this Josiah Thompson presentation:

The assassination of President John F. Kennedy remains the greatest American murder mystery, decades after the official report declared Lee Harvey Oswald as ...

It will only take 2 hours to watch, less than I spent on watching the trial.

You seem to think that my position is that Oswald was an innocent bystander. I consider that unlikely. I'm just not certain that his role included pulling a trigger. We now know that he was working with or for the CIA and I wonder if, in that role, he knew he was working for the assassination of JFK (he was heard to speak well of JFK) or if he thought he was involved in another project entirely(it is known that he had a grudge against Connolly). So when the assassination takes place he realises that he is being set up and goes into a mode similar to that portrayed in "Six Days of the Condor".

Cheers, George
                          Out of a misty dream
                          Within a dream.

Comment

It will be recalled that originally the rifle found was described as a "Mauser 7.65". A mistake in both brand AND calibre. Explanation? The reference was to the type of action, not the brand. And the calibre? I haven't heard and explanation for that one.
                            Simple enough to imagine how this could happen.
                            The rifle was also described variously in news reports on the day as a Japanese .25 calibre according to the Dallas police, an Argentinian-made rifle, and also even a British .303 calibre with three .303 calibre shell cases being found in the building.
                            Anything but an American rifle, it seems.

Hmm, how are we going to explain this.
                            The live round was found in the chamber and the clip was empty, which means the clip would have automatically been ejected.
                            But wait.....everyone heard at least three shots. So the gunman took the time to pick up the clip and replace it in the rifle, and pick up one case but leave the other two. That's a bit odd isn't it??
                            In theory, perhaps. In reality, the clips don't always automatically eject. Sometimes they do, on chambering the last round, sometimes when firing the last round, sometimes not at all and have to be poked out with a finger once the last empty case is ejected. Depends how tightly the clip fits.​

Also worth noting that the clip could hold up to six rounds. Why only load 3 or 4? Were more shots fired, but the empty cases went out of the window, down the shooter's collar, or landed in their turn-ups?

Comment

You seem to think that my position is that Oswald was an innocent bystander. I consider that unlikely. I'm just not certain that his role included pulling a trigger. We now know that he was working with or for the CIA and I wonder if, in that role, he knew he was working for the assassination of JFK (he was heard to speak well of JFK) or if he thought he was involved in another project entirely(it is known that he had a grudge against Connolly). So when the assassination takes place he realises that he is being set up and goes into a mode similar to that portrayed in "Six Days of the Condor".
                              But if Oswald wasn't the trigger man in the TSBD, who was? And how did he escape the building without being witnessed by any of the witnesses?

PS Six days of the Condor? I thought someone said Day off the Condor earlier...is this a conspiracy?

Comment

• Three Days of the Condor 1975-Robert Redford Faye Dunaway Cliff Robertson Max von Sydow John Houseman Addison Powell Walter McGinn Tina Chen.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                                X