JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

Not a subject I've ever got into in any great depth, and let's face it, it's a bit daunting for the novice. However, I recall reading an article, it wasn't a full book but a section in a compendium of mystery's, that suggested the third head shot was accidentally fired by the bodyguard in the following vehicle. I found it fairly plausible at the time, what's the consensus among you knowledgeable folks? It's never mentioned in any JFK conspiracy stuff, so I imagine it's dead in the water. What's the deal with that particular theory?
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
      Hi all,

Not a subject I've ever got into in any great depth, and let's face it, it's a bit daunting for the novice. However, I recall reading an article, it wasn't a full book but a section in a compendium of mystery's, that suggested the third head shot was accidentally fired by the bodyguard in the following vehicle. I found it fairly plausible at the time, what's the consensus among you knowledgeable folks? It's never mentioned in any JFK conspiracy stuff, so I imagine it's dead in the water. What's the deal with that particular theory?
      http://22november1963.org.uk/did-a-s...fk-by-accident

In short.......... No
      Last edited by FISHY1118; 02-15-2023, 10:27 AM.
      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Thanks Fishy.

I did wonder why that particular idea doesn't get a mention. I'm happy to leave this particular subject alone, it's far too complex and there doesn't really seem to be any agreed 'facts', short if it happened in Texas.

​​​​​​
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thanks Fishy.

I did wonder why that particular idea doesn't get a mention. I'm happy to leave this particular subject alone, it's far too complex and there doesn't really seem to be any agreed 'facts', short if it happened in Texas.

ââââââ
          Its one in a line of mad theories Al. Like David Lifton’s stheory that Kennedy’s wounds were altered by surgeons onboard Airforce One. Or that 3 tramps on a train were assassins. Or that the gunman was in a storm drain or that he had an umbrella that fired bullets. The subject is a real minefield Al and there are many real experts out there who can tell you Jack Ruby’s inside leg measurement. It’s one of the reasons why I moved away from the subject - it can be really all consuming even for a non-expert like me. My brain couldn’t cope with the Whitechapel murders, the Wallace case, various true crimes and the assassination.
          Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 02-15-2023, 10:55 AM.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hi all,
            What's the deal with that particular theory?
            Hi Al,

I bought a copy of the book "Mortal Error" in a bargain bin for $2. I was ripped off.

Cheers, George
            Last edited by GBinOz; 02-15-2023, 11:00 PM.
            They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
            Out of a misty dream
            Our path emerges for a while, then closes
            Within a dream.
            Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Its one in a line of mad theories Al. Like David Lifton’s stheory that Kennedy’s wounds were altered by surgeons onboard Airforce One. Or that 3 tramps on a train were assassins. Or that the gunman was in a storm drain or that he had an umbrella that fired bullets. The subject is a real minefield Al and there are many real experts out there who can tell you Jack Ruby’s inside leg measurement. It’s one of the reasons why I moved away from the subject - it can be really all consuming even for a non-expert like me. My brain couldn’t cope with the Whitechapel murders, the Wallace case, various true crimes and the assassination.
              Now that you mention it, I've encountered that 3 tramps idea somewhere too. I don't think I'll revisit it any time soon though...
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Hi Al,

I bought a copy of the book "Mortal Error" in a bargain bin for $2. I was ripped off.

Cheers, George
                That good eh? Shame really, it's an agreeable theory, tidies everything up nicely, keeps Oswald in the depository and explains the Secret Service cover up. The fact he was working from the wrong data is a minor technical issue .
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

That good eh? Shame really, it's an agreeable theory, tidies everything up nicely, keeps Oswald in the depository and explains the Secret Service cover up. The fact he was working from the wrong data is a minor technical issue .
                  The officer that was alleged to have fired the gun, William Hickey, tried to sue the publisher in 1995 but it was thrown out because it was 3 years after the book came out. He was contacted by the author while he was writing the book but refused to comment. Apparently Hickey refilled the lawsuit when the paperback version and the publishers settled on an undisclosed sum. Hickey died but I think that Menninger is still alive.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Al,

Cheers, George
                    I bought mine full price when it came out George. I never learn.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Fishy,

I thought the clown depiction could be taken as offensive, but knowing Herlock I suspected he was just attempting humour. I expect that if you posted this picture with name tags attached of Herlock and other apologists he would take it in the same humorous vein:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheep.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	803757

It's just what we Aussies call "taking the Mickey", so lets all have a laugh at ourselves and each other and move on.

Cheers, George
                      May I be the pretty one, George?
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                        If jesus christ himself came down to earth and said ''i shot kennedy from the grassy knoll'' they cross straight to the weather with ''oh we had record temperatures in miami today''.
                        And after that, they'd lock the nutter away for his own good and hide all the scissors.

Comment

I think the public has become a little bit saturated over the years by the constant stream of nut case theories...
                          You don't say, George. Perhaps your energies would be better spent thoroughly debunking all those, one by one, so the truth - as you see it - can finally shine through without the constant distractions. You must be livid if your preferred theory can be supported by impeccable evidence, but is being overwhelmed and lumped in with all the inferior and baseless versions.

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I bought mine full price when it came out George. I never learn.
                            I may be misremembering this, but I think that "Mortal Error" was the first book to identify a marksman who managed to get off the shots using a Manlicher Carcano in the time that critics said was impossible for Oswald to achieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I may be misremembering this, but I think that "Mortal Error" was the first book to identify a marksman who managed to get off the shots using a Manlicher Carcano in the time that critics said was impossible for Oswald to achieve.
                              Despite claims that the shots haven’t been repeated they certainly have Barn, and before Meninger’s book. In 1967 CBS did a recreation using 11 volunteers. They were given time at a local range to practice on a still target, then they were put in place on a tower (same height as the 6th floor window) with a human shaped target moving at the same speed as Kennedy’s car. The average speed for 3 shots for the 11 men was 5.6 seconds (quicker than Oswald). As we know, Oswald had 2 out of 3 hits. One guy hit 2 out of 3 in just under 5 seconds and one guy hit 3 out of 3 in 5.2 seconds. So Oswald’s performance has been beaten despite claims to the opposite.

Its been stated on here that the Mannlicher Carcano was junk. Then we have to ask why Ronald Simmons, chief of the Infantry Weapons Evaluation Branch of the Department of the Army, had his people test Oswald’s rifle (not just a Mannlicher Carcano, but the actual rifle). They fired it 47 times and found it “quite accurate” and that it was actually as accurate as the M14 which the rifle that the Army was using at the time.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Two part open question - it’s been suggested that Oswald was framed, so….he either, a) put the gun in place for someone else to use or, b) someone else put it there and used it without his knowledge.

a) if Oswald just took the gun to TSBD and the 6th floorhow could he have not known what it was going to be used for or that it could be linked to him, and..

b) how could anyone else have got into the building without being seen and how could they have known that the 6th floor would have been unoccupied and therefore a suitable spot for an assassination attempt.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X