Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was Elizabeth Stride actually killed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    He could have cut her throat and then taken off at any point from the time he was interrupted by Schwartz to the time he heard the last clop of diemshitz pony.
    ...allowing him enough time to mess her up a whole lot more, I'd have thought. Certainly enough time to nick her eyelids and lop off the tip of her nose, say.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      ...allowing him enough time to mess her up a whole lot more, I'd have thought. Certainly enough time to nick her eyelids and lop off the tip of her nose, say.
      Unless he is spooked by something like the pony or noise from the club or some other sound, or simply thought he better take off because of Scwartz.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Again, Abby, it only takes a second to hack off a piece of nose.

Possibly the strangest sentence I've typed in a long while
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Again, Abby, it only takes a second to hack off a piece of nose.

Possibly the strangest sentence I've typed in a long while
          Haha.

But it also only takes a second to get caught red handed.
          So a second the ripper may have thought he didn't have. And if he was anything, he was good at knowing when to bolt and not get caught red handed.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• wait

Hello GUT, Dusty. Thanks.

I mean if he heard the cart and then waited until he turned in . . .

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• G'day Abby

Unless he is spooked by something like the pony or noise from the club or some other sound, or simply thought he better take off because of Scwartz
              While I think it was probably the pony it may also have been just a "gut feeling" that it was time to get out of there, after all he had a pretty good track record of getting away so maybe his instincts were good.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• yes

Hello Gareth. Thanks.

Precisely.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  While I think it was probably the pony it may also have been just a "gut feeling" that it was time to get out of there, after all he had a pretty good track record of getting away so maybe his instincts were good.
                  Well, his instincts let him down big-time with Stride. All he managed was a scuffle and a cut throat. What with the Schwartz/Pipeman incident and the lively people in the club, he couldn't have picked a worse time or place to embark on a mutilation murder.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• G'day Sam

I was really meaning his instinct, if that's what it was, that it was time to scamper.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Sorry folks...I've followed your arguments and am still of the view that it's at least possible that Schwartz saw the opening acts of the murder at approximately 12.45

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Sorry folks...I've followed your arguments and am still of the view that it's at least possible that Schwartz saw the opening acts of the murder at approximately 12.45

All the best

Dave
                        Totally agree.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Hello Gareth,

"... inconceivable that he'd only just cut her throat on the "c" of the pony's last "clop"..."

Obviously I'd make a better mother because I "conceive" really easily. That the "clip" came just before the "clop" makes perfect sense to me as one possible scenario. It offers an explanation why the cut was not as clean as others. It also answers your question why no nose was nosed. The killer would be killing for survival not "jollies" in this version.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

• T.o.d.

About 1a.m. by the tobaconist's time. The murderer was halted by Dimshitz's interloping. The murderer cheesed it and then went on to kill Eddowes. Left the apron and GSG. The message means, this woman is dead because of the Jew's(s') disruption. They are to blame for the second womans death. In the killers head anyways. Is everyone now satiated? Glad to be of service. ; ) Send your checks or money orders to digalittledeeperwatson.com. That doesn't exist so don't do that. PM me and I will instruct you how to pay me. Thanks. Yours sincerely, Mr. Super-right-drunk guy. P.S. By my album when it comes out.
                            Last edited by Digalittledeeperwatson; 05-20-2014, 11:59 PM. Reason: I just wanted to say how much I love tacos.
                            Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Schwartz

Hello Abby.

"He could have cut her throat and then taken off at any point from the time he was interrupted by Schwartz"

But Schwartz reported no throat cutting--only a fracas on the pavement.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• possible

Hello Dave.

"I've followed your arguments and am still of the view that it's at least possible that Schwartz saw the opening acts of the murder at approximately 12.45"

Of course. But she would need to:

1. go into the yard

2. calm down enough to go for the cachous

3. allow her assailant to get behind her

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X