Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
    I had thought this thread was long dead, but who knows? The Stride murder is the only murder which is constantly being debated, explored, and researched. Call it an enigma inside of an enigma?
    Happy Halloween to you too. A thread that is called "Did Jack kill Liz stride?" will never die lol. It will go on and on.

Comment

• Hello Garza,

Perhaps it will. Shall I call it "awakening from it's slumber"?
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by Garza View Post
        A thread that is called "Did Jack kill Liz stride?" will never die lol. It will go on and on.
        Unfortunately, this is inevitable. It's all been pondered before..countless scenarios...endless speculation..numerous archived threads. What a three ring circus.

Comment

• More like a 1113 ring circus Heh-heh!

Not very inevitable, this thread which is the giant of Elizabeth Stride threads has lain dormant for months.
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• I'm inclined to think that Jack did kill Stride. I believe the fact that she wasn't mutilated like the others is due to the fact that Jack was interrupted before he could really "get to work"--so that same night he found another victim (Eddowes) and did to her what he never had the chance to do to Liz Stride.

A very original theory, I know.
            "It's either the river or the Ripper for me."~~anonymous 'unfortunate', London 1888

Comment

• Hello Mrs.Fiddymont,

Original, yes, right, quite possibly.

Thanks for voting.
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• my vote

Very tentatively I say yes. I think Mrs Fiddymont has it right that Jack was interrupted. That may indeed explain the inconsistencies between the first two murders and Strides that and the escalation factor. Why the hiatus between Eddows and Kelly though?
                Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

• Hello Yankee,

I offered a possibility in Casebook Examiner No.5, if you subscribe.
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Examiner

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                    Hello Yankee,

I offered a possibility in Casebook Examiner No.5, if you subscribe.
                    Unfortunately at this point I don't. At one point I mulled the idea that he might have been a sailor on a packet vessel or costal steamer. Though a trainman might be plauible or he might have been in infirmary somewhere.

Comment

• question

Hello Neil. I thought Mrs. Fiddymont was associated with Annie--not Liz?

You ask a great question about the gap from the "Double Event" to MJ. What if the "Double Event" had NOTHING to do with either Polly and Annie on the one hand or MJ on the other?

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Neil. I thought Mrs. Fiddymont was associated with Annie--not Liz?

You ask a great question about the gap from the "Double Event" to MJ. What if the "Double Event" had NOTHING to do with either Polly and Annie on the one hand or MJ on the other?

Cheers.
                        LC
                        OOPS! I was remarking about the poster calling themselves"Mrs. Fiddymount" And that is the question that really comes to mind. One of the reasons I chose to write a novel about JAck the Ripper rather than go the non-fiction route is there are too many what ifs. Neil

Comment

• oops

Hello Neil. I think, then, it's MY oops. I thought you referred to the lady thought to have spotted Isenschmid.

Many questions; but, for every question, an answer.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• This is such a long thread I haven't had the time to go through it all. I would like to ask a question though: in "Jack the Ripper, Comprehensive A-Z" one of the authors mentions that two people had found Stride's body, and then Diemschultz's pony and cart comes down the street, destroying, in the author's mind, the notion that Stride was a victim of Jack and that he was interrupted. I no longer have this book as I had it out on loan from the library. But I went to check up on this story in Paul Begg's "The Facts" and couldn't find it. Is the story false, or are there caveats?
                            --
                            http://www.paullee.com/

Comment

• Hello Lynn,

While I appriciate the nature of your question, please keep this to another thread, as this has to do with Stride, and whether she belongs to the C5, not Eddowes or any other.

In fact, if you use that hiatus as an argument, it is on flimsy ground, this group of killings in fact occur abnormally close in date, therefor the haitus is a natural occurance.

Yours truly
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by DrPL View Post
                                This is such a long thread I haven't had the time to go through it all. I would like to ask a question though: in "Jack the Ripper, Comprehensive A-Z" one of the authors mentions that two people had found Stride's body, and then Diemschultz's pony and cart comes down the street, destroying, in the author's mind, the notion that Stride was a victim of Jack and that he was interrupted. I no longer have this book as I had it out on loan from the library. But I went to check up on this story in Paul Begg's "The Facts" and couldn't find it. Is the story false, or are there caveats?
                                Hi DrPL,

First of all, let me welcome you to the boards.

Diemschutz was the first person to discover the body. There are those who believe that Jack was interrupted by Diemschutz while other people claim that given the estimate of the time of death that Jack would have had enough time to at least start the mutilations before the arrival of Diemschutz. I personally believe that Jack killed Liz and that he was scared off if not by Diemschutz then possibly by someone or some thing of which we are not aware.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X