Kate's Last Half Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    It's somewhat miraculous that Eddowes managed to sober up, wake up, and released from the cells just in time to make a prearranged meeting. Indeed, if she knew she had an important appointment, getting roaring drunk and incarcerated was pretty dumb in the first place, as there was no guarantee that she would wake up, or that the police would let her out.
    Eddowes died the night of the double-event. The Ripper may not having planning to be the City.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alicia View Post

The Ripper may not having planning to be the City.
      He may not have planned to be anywhere in particular, but seized his opportunities whenever and wherever they arose.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post
        She was probably making fun of the fire-supplies of a single cart in St. James Place.
        That's funny Leanne. Also quite possibly true.

Comment

• Since we are supposed to focus on that last half hour, I wonder how long she was in the company of sailor man. To me the gesture of the hand on the chest is in keeping with someone who just arrived and was gesturing that they were pleased to find the person waiting for them. They likely knew each other. Does that suggest that Kate was undone by someone she knew, even if indirectly only. Sent her in to the square to meet her killer maybe...last minute plea for her to drop this scheme..
          Michael Richards

Comment

• I should add that for me personally the Lawende sighting is weak. Im not convinced that he saw Kate, and I think that the amount of cutting done, the superfluous cutting included.. like the apron, leaves the timeline a bit slim for my own tastes. My prior post wonders if Im correct. I do believe she that her reason for being there was to get money, but I don't see it as income from soliciting. I think she met someone according to an arrangement.
            Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
              I should add that for me personally the Lawende sighting is weak. Im not convinced that he saw Kate, and I think that the amount of cutting done, the superfluous cutting included.. like the apron, leaves the timeline a bit slim for my own tastes. My prior post wonders if Im correct. I do believe she that her reason for being there was to get money, but I don't see it as income from soliciting. I think she met someone according to an arrangement.
              The only arrangement that Kate had was with John Kelly to live and be together- they had made a Bargain, or so John Kelly told a newspaper reporter.

Comment

I should add that for me personally the Lawende sighting is weak. Im not convinced that he saw Kate, and I think that the amount of cutting done, the superfluous cutting included.. like the apron, leaves the timeline a bit slim for my own tastes. My prior post wonders if Im correct. I do believe she that her reason for being there was to get money, but I don't see it as income from soliciting. I think she met someone according to an arrangement.
                The only way to give the killer more time is to think that the body had been in Miter Square when Watkin patrolled at 1:30 am yet he didn't see her.

To think that the real woman met her killer outside another entrance, (or even later at the same entrance) doesn't allow him more time.

Last edited by Leanne; 08-02-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	717918
                  Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                  Since we are supposed to focus on that last half hour, I wonder how long she was in the company of sailor man.
                  You mean the man wearing a grey cloth cap, such as a the ones the wore at Billingsgate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post

She was probably making fun of the fire-supplies of a single cart in St. James Place.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Engine.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	717923

Comment

I should add that for me personally the Lawende sighting is weak. Im not convinced that he saw Kate
                      and where do you think Kate was? Outside which entrance?

Comment

• I am convinced the killer entered Mitre Square via the St. James Place entry, then went out again through the Dukes Place entry to catch his prey. They waited for the cop to leave so he could check St. James Place, then re-entered Mitre Square with Kate.

Comment

• He sliced her throat from behind, mutilated her face as she was falling to the ground because she told him that she THOUGHT she knew who the Ripper was without giving away a name, then he mutilated her body. A repaired apron fell out along with the thimbles that were found near her body, so he sliced off a bit to hide her kidney, popped the package in the pocket of the coat he left just inside the entry to the warehouse and went back to St. James Place to wait to establish his alibi, as the patrolling cop was coming back into the square.

Comment

• There is one fly in the ointment with the presumption of the killers knowledge of the beat cops...they alternated where they walked within areas like the square. That night I believe Watkins was working a left handed beat, something he wouldn't know until he checked in for his shift. I doubt that the killer would have known this little bit of info. That means the killer might know when he came by, but might not know how he worked the square.

To answer your question Leanne, Im not eliminating that she met someone in an empty warehouse in the square, although I believe she was killed on the spot she was found.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

There is one fly in the ointment with the presumption of the killers knowledge of the beat cops...they alternated where they walked within areas like the square. That night I believe Watkins was working a left handed beat, something he wouldn't know until he checked in for his shift. I doubt that the killer would have known this little bit of info. That means the killer might know when he came by, but might not know how he worked the square.

To answer your question Leanne, Im not eliminating that she met someone in an empty warehouse in the square, although I believe she was killed on the spot she was found.
                              I'm not saying he planned it all that way! He was just observant.

All he had to be aware of is that once the cop looked around St. James Place, he came back into Mitre Square # minutes later.
                              Last edited by Leanne; 08-03-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

There is one fly in the ointment with the presumption of the killers knowledge of the beat cops...they alternated where they walked within areas like the square. That night I believe Watkins was working a left handed beat, something he wouldn't know until he checked in for his shift. I doubt that the killer would have known this little bit of info. That means the killer might know when he came by, but might not know how he worked the square.

I don't believe that she met someone in the warehouse!!!!!! Where did I say that? I believe the KILLER entered Mitre Square through the warehouse door, and existed it the same way, leaving his clean coat and moved through the warehouse being careful not to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X