No announcement yet.

Kate's Last Half Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creechurch Place should read Duke Street.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

There was a discussion about this a few years back, and if I recall correctly, the works Blenkinsop may have been watching was the building of a new fire station in St James Sq. I think it was situated near the entrance to Mitre Sq thru St James Passage. May be worth having a search for.
      Didn't the article say "street improvements"?, I thought I'd read "road works" too somewhere.
      Neither seem to be consistent with replacing the fire station.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

St James Place was an open square, formerly Broad Court, which held a daily market that sold fruits of various kinds.
        St James’ Place, 1884

The fruit of the orange tree was the most predominant and therefore the locals gave this market the name of ’Orange Market’.

In the middle of St James Place stood a manned Fire Station. Made of wood, it was around 1888 that this structure was converted to brick. It had 3 men on duty over the evening period and outside was a cart with ladders. Next to this station was a free standing gas lamp. Another lamp was situated right above the covered entrance of St James passage that led to Mitre Square. Apart from St James Passage, access to the Place could be obtained via Little Duke Street (which crossed the top of Duke Street from 20' target='_top'>Houndsditch to St James Place) in the east, or King Street in the west.

St. James’ Place was later renamed Creechurch Place.

Comment

• LINK: https://www.theundergroundmap.com/article.html?id=42014

RELAVENT SENTENCE: Made of wood, it was around 1888 hat this structure was converted to brick.

Comment

• Meaning?
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• This a serious debate?

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Hope not.

Hard to tell sometimes.

Levels above what Fishy and Herlock are up too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                  Sorry about the previous posts structure, but my point is this....we don't really know where Kate spent Friday night do we? We do know that the pawn ticket was dated Friday, so why would Kelly be confused about that? Surely a sober Saturday am is clearer for him than a possibly drunk Friday night..he said hed been drinking. So, was he drinking Friday night on the pawn money, or was it money from somewhere else?
                  Suspect she was at Shoe Lane which was Nichols' old stamping ground.

Boots were pawned Friday.

John Kelly was lying his head off.

He and Eddowes came back to blackmail Jack the Ripper.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Suspect she was at Shoe Lane which was Nichols' old stamping ground.

Boots were pawned Friday.

John Kelly was lying his head off.

He and Eddowes came back to blackmail Jack the Ripper.
                    JOHN KELLY WAS A DRUNK!
                    He was obviously drunk at the inquest and was so muddled up. Out of the blue the coroner asks him was he drunk when the pawning took place.

Many people would have tried to claim the reward offered. Do we have any proof that she was correct in her suspicions?

Comment

• Hope not.

Hard to tell sometimes.

Levels above what Fishy and Herlock are up too.
                      Yer , trying to tone that down a little , but i dont see that happening any time soon .
                      'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• If Kate knew who Jack was, why did she not say anything to the police at the station whilst she was being held? She could have casually got on to the topic and then told all she knew, or thought she knew. For safety she could have stayed at the station until the police moved in to Mitre Square and surrounding areas to look for the man that may or may not have been JTR. If the man was not found, the police could have provided extra protection by moving her out of the Whitechapel area. Why would anyone approach a dangerous killer even if they knew them? Could this suspect have been a family member or very close friend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post

JOHN KELLY WAS A DRUNK!
                          He was obviously drunk at the inquest and was so muddled up. Out of the blue the coroner asks him was he drunk when the pawning took place.

Many people would have tried to claim the reward offered. Do we have any proof that she was correct in her suspicions?
                          Not according to the testimony of their landlord of the previous 7 years.
                          No he wasn't. That was an out for his lies and he took it.

Black mail is different from an offered reward. Um,Nichols,Chapman and Stride for starters. Yeah,she was murdered by JtR.

Bit repetitive however .......

Nichols and Eddowes appear to have been Sutton/Jack's inpatients together from December 1867 with rheumatic fever. The bacteria takes residence in the gut.
                          Nichols moves into Thrawl Street opposite Eddowes sister.
                          Then quickly moves in next door to Eddowes.
                          Eddowes then goes hopping and Nichols is promptly murdered close to "their old hospital".
                          After Chapman,who had TB, is murdered Eddowes returns for financial gain.She might have spent Friday night at Shoe Lane,Nichols' old stomping ground.
                          She uses Mary Ann Kelly as an alias and 6 Fashion Street to go with it. MJK'S real name and the address directly behind Stride's "home away from home".

Got a lot more where that came from,however don't wish to stray too far off topic

Comment

• I think that the chances that Kate knew, or even thought she knew, the Whitechapel Murderer are next to nil. We have ony one source that says she did and, even if the story is true - which I doubt - then "I think I know him" was quite likely a mere jest.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post

JOHN KELLY WAS A DRUNK!

No-one is allowed to testify as a witness if they are drunk, are you making this up as you go?
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                                If Kate knew who Jack was, why did she not say anything to the police at the station whilst she was being held? She could have casually got on to the topic and then told all she knew, or thought she knew. For safety she could have stayed at the station until the police moved in to Mitre Square and surrounding areas to look for the man that may or may not have been JTR. If the man was not found, the police could have provided extra protection by moving her out of the Whitechapel area. Why would anyone approach a dangerous killer even if they knew them? Could this suspect have been a family member or very close friend?
                                You mean like "I came back from hopping to blackmail the pathologist who murdered Nichols and Chapman for trying to blackmail him.
                                You'd know the guy,he is the protege and partner of the Queen's doctor.
                                His son in law is the top shrink at Bedlam."

Nah

Comment

Working...
                                X