Jack's Escape from Mitre Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juniper4576 View Post
    Dave, how does Chris' plan fit into your theory regarding to Number 6?
    In the front door,out the back window.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Dave, how does Chris' plan fit into your theory regarding to Number 6?
      Hi the map I posted cannot be any later than 1868 because that is when the church was demolished !! So I’m guessing early 1860s !!

Comment

Loving all these pictures
        Click image for larger version

Name:	James_dukes_godwin-1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	752444 The church that was demolished in 1874.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian View Post

Interesting debate-thread here’s a layout of the buildings in Mitre Square more importantly the first floor of 5 & 6 Mitre Street!!
          That is fantastic.

There were large interconnecting cellars along there.

Got picture of the demolition on another computer ..... somewhere

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	MITRE street.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	752448

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

In the front door,out the back window.
              Did Jack enter from the front with Kate then dump her out the back?

Sorry don't quite get what you mean. How did get into the square with Kate and how did he get out without Kate?
              "Seek the absence of the normal, and find the presence of the abnormal"

Comment

That is fantastic.

There were large interconnecting cellars along there.

Got picture of the demolition on another computer ..... somewhere
                This one??
                Attached Files

Comment

Did Jack enter from the front with Kate then dump her out the back?

Sorry don't quite get what you mean. How did get into the square with Kate and how did he get out without Kate?
                  Jack and Kate would have arrived at 6 Mitre Street around the same time,very roughly speaking.
                  In the front door and into the front room.Nobody in Mitre Square would see the light.
                  She does not know Stride is dead and tells Jack why she was not at Berner Street,hence "Nothing".
                  Jack decides she is a liability and kills her.
                  While he is waiting for the beat policeman to pass,he cuts the cholesterol out of the area around her eyes.
                  He then takes her to the back window and through the gate.
                  Sutton only stays there when he "misses" the last train to Sevenoaks,Kent where he lives with his wife.Hayderman's possibly lent him a gate key to access his back window.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MITRE street.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	752448
                    Cracker that will sit down later and study this and all threads

Comment

jerryd is usually pretty good,however he prolly has this idea from The Complete History of Jack the Ripper by Philip Sugden.

Quite sure Sutton exited Eddowes through the window after removing ......

Click image for larger version Name:	Xanthelasma picture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	752413 That would have been done with a small scalpel and lighting.
                      In fact the "accidental cuts" point to Jack's identity and his interest in Eddowes,apart from being blackmailed.

Click image for larger version Name:	lymph-system-diagram.png Views:	0 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	752414

Click image for larger version Name:	SINUS2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	752415

The question is,would Haydeman and Co refuse a key to the research partner of the Queen's physician,London Hospital pathologist,etc,etc.
                      Hi Dave,

No, not Sugden. Here is a great resource from Debra Arif for the Owners and Occupants in 1888 of Mitre Square, Mitre Street, etc. Owners & Occupiers 1888 Mitre St and Sq - Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century (jtrforums.com)

Heydemann owned #5 Mitre Street and the yard. As to the gate being locked, Monty posted a source many years ago. (emphasis mine)

DAILY TELEGRAPH of
                      Monday, October 1, 1888, page 5 -

"The south-west corner is the one which is on the right hand when the square is entered from Mitre-street. On this side, separated from the open public space by a low wall and fence, there is a private yard, which is for the most part roofed in, and is used as a lumber room. This yard, which is some 40 ft. to 50 ft. in depth, and about 30 ft. wide, intervenes between a tall pile of warehouses, six stories high, occupied by Messrs. Horner and Sons, drug merchants, and a block of dwelling houses, with shops on the ground floor, the backs of which look upon the square, and the fronts face Mitre-street. The corner house only is occupied, the tenant being Mr. Taylor, a picture-frame maker, who was absent from home. Therefore the premises, together with those adjoining, were quite empty. In the fence above mentioned there is a door, which opens into the private yard, but it was locked. Near to the door is a coal shoot, and at a distance a couple of arched gratings, giving light to the cellars of the corner houses in Mitre-street. Above these gratings there are two windows, provided with green shutters, which were closed. The woman was lying on the pavement, with her head about eighteen inches from the door in the fence and the coal shoot, and with her legs toward the roadway."

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian View Post

This one??
                        Reckon that's an earlier photo than the one I just posted.

All good.

Can't get over your "blueprint". Fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post

Hi Dave,

No, not Sugden. Here is a great resource from Debra Arif for the Owners and Occupants in 1888 of Mitre Square, Mitre Street, etc. Owners & Occupiers 1888 Mitre St and Sq - Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century (jtrforums.com)

Heydemann owned #5 Mitre Street and the yard. As to the gate being locked, Monty posted a source many years ago. (emphasis mine)

DAILY TELEGRAPH of
                          Monday, October 1, 1888, page 5 -

"The south-west corner is the one which is on the right hand when the square is entered from Mitre-street. On this side, separated from the open public space by a low wall and fence, there is a private yard, which is for the most part roofed in, and is used as a lumber room. This yard, which is some 40 ft. to 50 ft. in depth, and about 30 ft. wide, intervenes between a tall pile of warehouses, six stories high, occupied by Messrs. Horner and Sons, drug merchants, and a block of dwelling houses, with shops on the ground floor, the backs of which look upon the square, and the fronts face Mitre-street. The corner house only is occupied, the tenant being Mr. Taylor, a picture-frame maker, who was absent from home. Therefore the premises, together with those adjoining, were quite empty. In the fence above mentioned there is a door, which opens into the private yard, but it was locked. Near to the door is a coal shoot, and at a distance a couple of arched gratings, giving light to the cellars of the corner houses in Mitre-street. Above these gratings there are two windows, provided with green shutters, which were closed. The woman was lying on the pavement, with her head about eighteen inches from the door in the fence and the coal shoot, and with her legs toward the roadway."

Thanks Jerry.
                          Aware of Deb's research and post.

Of course the gate was locked

Comment

Reckon that's an earlier photo than the one I just posted.

All good.

Can't get over your "blueprint". Fascinating.
                            Thanks mate I have quite a stash of photos it’s my passion

Comment

jerryd is usually pretty good,however he prolly has this idea from The Complete History of Jack the Ripper by Philip Sugden.

Quite sure Sutton exited Eddowes through the window after removing ......

Click image for larger version Name:	Xanthelasma picture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	752413 That would have been done with a small scalpel and lighting.
                              In fact the "accidental cuts" point to Jack's identity and his interest in Eddowes,apart from being blackmailed.

Click image for larger version Name:	lymph-system-diagram.png Views:	0 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	752414

Click image for larger version Name:	SINUS2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	752415

The question is,would Haydeman and Co refuse a key to the research partner of the Queen's physician,London Hospital pathologist,etc,etc.
                              The cuts in Fosters drawing differs from "sinus" image above.
                              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                              M. Pacana

Comment

• So do Eddowes mortuary photos.
                                The "chevrons" and the nose cut make it obvious though.
                                It is usually the second infection site of rheumatic fever after the throat.

Comment

Working...
                                X