X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post
    Yep,we already have piles of evidence he sat there.
    "Piles"?

That'll happen if you sit on a cold step!

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Yep,we already have piles of evidence he sat there.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    I agree, the nature of the step is really of little concern. If one was to assume that Richardson wasn't there, or he never sat on the step, the dimensions are irrelevant. If he was there, his sitting was out of necessity, not comfort or practicality. You can't dicker with a boot standing.

The thread started examining Richardson's view. The practicality or comfort of the step isn't the issue. Yes, if he's lying, we can look at disproving his statement, but if he's not, the step doesn't need to be a velvet lined work station. If you get a stone in your shoe, do you wait until you find an ergonomically suitable location to remove it, or do you hop around and lean on the nearest structure?

Discrepancies in his story? Fair enough. Visibility of the padlock? OK. Door to body angles? Could be. But the step? If that's the basis for refuting Richardson, I'm surprised the crime scene inventory didn't list "bunch of straws, grasped".

Leave a comment:

• Curious Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Chava View Post

Ah. A recliner. That does explain your comfort.

What a shame Richardson couldn't be as comfy on the middle step as you are on your lovely recliner. Because he had no cushioned back seat like you do. That pesky top step was right behind him, was concrete or stone, and would dig into his lower back something fierce. So he would have sat upright. With no support at all. He would have had no choice. I do hope his abs were in good shape to help keep him balanced while he sorted out his boot.
    I already said that I regularly sit on the edge of the seat to tie my shoe laces while it is not reclined. The space taken up is less than the full depth of that middle step and there is no need to contort my body into ridiculous positions to do up my shoes. My back is not against anything and it's actually a fairly firm seat, not a squishy cushioned one. Despite this, my spine and abs do not collapse into a pool of mush.

You have Richardson suddenly turning into a Gordian knot and suffering terrible physical trauma just from sitting on a stone step for less than three minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Whatever the points for or against Richardson the dimensions of the step can have no significance unless it could have been shown to have been so narrow as to have made it impossible for him to have sat on. And we know that this wasn’t the case.

Comfort wasn’t a factor as Richardson wasn’t planning to curl up with a good book. He might even have sat on the step with both legs extended with the boot resting on his thighs. Whatever doubts anyone has about Richardson none can be raised in regard to the step. It’s a complete non-starter. A step too far in fact.

Leave a comment:

• Chava
    replied
    Originally posted by Curious Cat View Post

Perspective appears to be your issue.

If it helps, the chair is a recliner so when it's in the reclined position the front lifts and is level with the seat. This creates a ledge 15" from the floor. The cat - of average cat size - is able to walk underneath without the need to crouch or dip his head.

And yes, I can comfortably place my laptop on my lap whether the seat is reclined or not. Yoga positions not required.
    Ah. A recliner. That does explain your comfort.

What a shame Richardson couldn't be as comfy on the middle step as you are on your lovely recliner. Because he had no cushioned back seat like you do. That pesky top step was right behind him, was concrete or stone, and would dig into his lower back something fierce. So he would have sat upright. With no support at all. He would have had no choice. I do hope his abs were in good shape to help keep him balanced while he sorted out his boot.

Leave a comment:

• Curious Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

exactly curious-its a joke of an argument. my chair is about the same height and the benches and chairs around my firepit are even lower and I can assure you even that is quite cozy. but its all a moot point because even if the step was only six inches off the ground he could have sat on it.
    Its laughable argument and dont waste anymore time on it. I know im not.
    Yes, I have wondered how this particular angle has garnered the conclusion that the simple sitting position suddenly becomes an act of human origami.

Leave a comment:

• Curious Cat
    replied

Interesting. Do you habitually sit so close to the ground? And how are you typing this on your laptop? Is it balanced carefully on your knees? Or do you have a teeny tiny very low table specially made for it?
    Perspective appears to be your issue.

If it helps, the chair is a recliner so when it's in the reclined position the front lifts and is level with the seat. This creates a ledge 15" from the floor. The cat - of average cat size - is able to walk underneath without the need to crouch or dip his head.

And yes, I can comfortably place my laptop on my lap whether the seat is reclined or not. Yoga positions not required.
    Last edited by Curious Cat; 10-07-2020, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chava
    replied
    the only thing thats a pretzel is your logic and your arguments are Miniscula ad Absurdum. Seriously, trying to glean any meaningful clues from such insignificant details like the size of steps (and eaten potatoes)in the context your using is patently ridiculous. You actually started a thread called The Potato! now that deserves an LOL.
    Oh really.

Well I think that we should take a long suspicious look at every aspect of everything in this case. And question our own theories of the case every step of the way.
    If we go by our assumptions & preconceived opinions we won't get very far will we?
    That was one reason why the Whitechapel Murderer managed to escape scot-free.
    And it's the main reason why Peter Sutcliffe managed to kill at least 13 women and probably more.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied

15", you say?

Bent like a pretzel, you say?

This I find interesting. Purely on the basis that the very seat I am currently sitting in as I type this is 15" from floor to seat edge. I regularly sit on the edge and do up my shoe laces with my feet planted on the ground. I have never had to bend myself into a pretzel to do it.

Again, he wasn't there long enough for any discomfort to set in.

Also, what makes you think he was necessarily actually wearing the boot when he was cutting the bit of leather off?
    exactly curious-its a joke of an argument. my chair is about the same height and the benches and chairs around my firepit are even lower and I can assure you even that is quite cozy. but its all a moot point because even if the step was only six inches off the ground he could have sat on it.
    Its laughable argument and dont waste anymore time on it. I know im not.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied

It's the height of the step from the ground that concerns me. He's about 15" off the ground and that is actually quite uncomfortable. And in order to cut that leather off his boot he'd have to turn into a pretzel.
    the only thing thats a pretzel is your logic and your arguments are Miniscula ad Absurdum. Seriously, trying to glean any meaningful clues from such insignificant details like the size of steps (and eaten potatoes)in the context your using is patently ridiculous. You actually started a thread called The Potato! now that deserves an LOL.

and you had the gall to say I posted fake news (basically calling me a liar) by saying that Lewis probably saw hutch-which is totally backed up by the evidence, is significant and not even controversial in any way.

I mean your actually arguing the size of the steps is a clue that richardson lied and actually wasnt there?!? good grief.

Leave a comment:

• Chava
    replied

15", you say?

This I find interesting. Purely on the basis that the very seat I am currently sitting in as I type this is 15" from floor to seat edge. I regularly sit on the edge and do up my shoe laces with my feet planted on the ground. I have never had to bend myself into a pretzel to do it.

Also, what makes you think he was necessarily actually wearing the boot when he was cutting the bit of leather off?
    Interesting. Do you habitually sit so close to the ground? And how are you typing this on your laptop? Is it balanced carefully on your knees? Or do you have a teeny tiny very low table specially made for it?

Leave a comment:

• Curious Cat
    replied

It's the height of the step from the ground that concerns me. He's about 15" off the ground and that is actually quite uncomfortable. And in order to cut that leather off his boot he'd have to turn into a pretzel.
    15", you say?

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied

If he wanted to facilitate that cutting, he should have sat on the floor in the door opening and had his feet two steps down. It would be the dryest and most comfortable position to work in.

Maybe he simply preferred to do it pretzel style ...?

Leave a comment:

• Chava
    replied

It doesn't look so narrow that it couldn't be sat on. It seems the width of the step is about a length of a typical brick, certainly wider than a bench at a London bus stop and I've sat on plenty of those. Richardson was only there a couple of minutes so not even sat on the step for very long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X