No announcement yet.

Denial, Desperation and Dishonesty - Defending Stephen Knight’s Nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure you do, but it will be wrong . Wilkes and Bettany,s Biographical History of Guy's Hospital

"Sir william gull had two or three short illnesses before the one which was the commencement of his fatal malady, but at this time he was well and enjoying himself in Scotland, near killiecrankie, when he was seized with slight paralysis on the right side of and aphasia. this was in October 1887. he recovered in great measure and returned to London, where he remained for some months comparatively well. friends who then saw him did not discern much difference in his looks and manner but he said he felt another man and gave up his practice. he subsequently had three epileptiform attacks, from which he rapidly recovered, but on January the 29th 1890 he was suddenly seized with a apoplectic attack, fell into a coma , and gradually passed away.''

so serious .... i dont think so notice the word recovered........... and just for good measure sir Winston Churchill who was 8 years older than gull had a major stroke in 1949 and was elected prime minster in 1951 suffered two more strokes in 52 and 53 and went on to run the country and the foreign office . so please spare me the dribble how gull was to sick and in incapacitated to have been jtr. the biggest mistake Gladstone bag theorist like yourself make is that gull was so sick and to old to have had any part in the murders , but then your still looking arent you .

now for those who really would like to know the truth about gulls stroke see above. and as for every other persons or events or places that sherlock has mention the same thing can also be done . so just remember sherlock you have your source of information i have mine everytime you want to post your narrative ill be right back with mine so keep rinsing and repeating that post 2771 , you can object to knight theory all you like but you can not disprove it based on an article or someones book that said so .

ive now showed you gull was certainly capable and that sickert retracted his'' i made it all up statement'' . dont make me find that hospital you say doesn't exit . that would be to easy.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Busy Beaver

For me, residents of SY, Whitehall, etc more like.

I'm not willing to give details, but there is an arrest of a man post a WM murder.

The general location of this arrest is what caught my eye. I haven't fully investigated it, but I noticed that it
      wasn't followed up ie only the intitial report but no more. I think JTR was arrested but then protected hence onwards.

I am aware though, this is very tenuous.

You have to work with what you've got, or in this case what you haven't got.

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
        Hello Herlock and all,

One aspect re Stephen Knight's "Final Solution" that intrigues me is the Scotland Yard officer who, I believe, supplied SK with some info.

Not expecting any answers, but I love to know:

1. His identify.
        2. What info he supplied.

and most of all:

3. Why.

Martyn
        Hi Martyn,

I wonder if we might add a number 4. Did he ever exist?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Martyn,

I wonder if we might add a number 4. Did he ever exist?
          Herlock, quite possibly. That's why I said "I believe".

Bruce Robinson mentions this SY informant in his book, so presumably he thought he did exist.

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
            I'm sure you do, but it will be wrong . Wilkes and Bettany,s Biographical History of Guy's Hospital

"Sir william gull had two or three short illnesses before the one which was the commencement of his fatal malady, but at this time he was well and enjoying himself in Scotland, near killiecrankie, when he was seized with slight paralysis on the right side of and aphasia. this was in October 1887. he recovered in great measure and returned to London, where he remained for some months comparatively well. friends who then saw him did not discern much difference in his looks and manner . he subsequently had three epileptiform attacks, from which he rapidly recovered, but on January the 29th 1890 he was suddenly seized with a apoplectic attack, fell into a coma , and gradually passed away.''

so serious .... i dont think so notice the word recovered........... and just for good measure sir Winston Churchill who was 8 years older than gull had a major stroke in 1949 and was elected prime minster in 1951 suffered two more strokes in 52 and 53 and went on to run the country and the foreign office . so please spare me the dribble how gull was to sick and in incapacitated to have been jtr. the biggest mistake Gladstone bag theorist like yourself make is that gull was so sick and to old to have had any part in the murders , but then your still looking arent you .

now for those who really would like to know the truth about gulls stroke see above. and as for every other persons or events or places that sherlock has mention the same thing can also be done . so just remember sherlock you have your source of information i have mine everytime you want to post your narrative ill be right back with mine so keep rinsing and repeating that post 2771 , you can object to knight theory all you like but you can not disprove it based on an article or someones book that said so .

ive now showed you gull was certainly capable and that sickert retracted his'' i made it all up statement'' . dont make me find that hospital you say doesn't exit . that would be to easy.
            Nice piece of selectiveness there Fishy.

he recovered in great measure and returned to London,
            This is not a full recovery.

. but he said he felt another man and gave up his practice
            Not even fit enough for carry out the not very taxing job of a doctor.

And the he felt another man comment meant that he was never the same again.

And so we have a man that’s between 71 and 72 years of age. Someone that had had a stroke that he partially recovered from (as we all knew) but it still left him feeling that he wasn’t the same man and it affected him to the extent that he could even to continue to sit behind a desk, view patients and make diagnoses!

Grow up Fishy.

Im quite happy to read any more of your conspiracy theorist waffle. I’ll leave you some gaps in the text for your answers.

Annie Crook wasn’t a Catholic.........prove that she was.

Crook and Cook weren’t one and the same......prove that they were.

Sickerts Cleveland Street studio didn’t exist (I think that it was something like a nurses training home)......prove it existed.

The hospital did not exist at the address that Knight gave......prove that it did.

I seem to remember that story about Netley trying to run over Alice Margaret was proven false too.

Bloody Royal coaches, Freemason’s, secret operations, the Queen’s Physician in ordinary riding around the streets masonically butchering prostitutes then leaving cryptic Masonic messages in doorways!!

You couldn’t make it up! Oh wait, someone did make it up. Gorman And Knight the Brother’s Grimm Of Ripperology.

2019 and someone still hasn’t cottoned on that this story is proven crap!

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

In 1991, Joseph Sickert retracted his retraction. In a foreword to “The Ripper and the Royals” by Melvyn Fairclough, he wrote———

“"Some years ago I agreed to cooperate with the journalist Stephen Knight by recounting to him my family history, which involved the story of the Ripper murders of 1888. I told him a good deal of what I had heard from my father, Walter Sickert. But during the course of our cooperation I began to realise that he was misinterpreting the material, and we quarrelled. I decided not to give him the whole story, and though his book Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution (1976) was broadly on the right lines it was not only wrong on many points but missed out on many vital details.

"“It has always been a regret to me that the story has not been presented properly, and I am grateful to Melvyn Fairclough for agreeing to set the record straight. His book has my blessing. My sole purpose in cooperating with him here is to vindicate the reputation of my family—not only of my father, but of my mother and grandmother, and of my grandfather, the Duke of Clarence.”"

And if you believe all of that, I've got a bridge to sell you.
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                In 1991, Joseph Sickert retracted his retraction. In a foreword to “The Ripper and the Royals” by Melvyn Fairclough, he wrote——

“Some years ago I agreed to cooperate with the journalist Stephen Knight by recounting to him my family history, which involved the story of the Ripper murders of 1888. I told him a good deal of what I had heard from my father, Walter Sickert. But during the course of our cooperation I began to realise that he was misinterpreting the material, and we quarrelled. I decided not to give him the whole story, and though his book Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution (1976) was broadly on the right lines it was not only wrong on many points but missed out on many vital details.

“It has always been a regret to me that the story has not been presented properly, and I am grateful to Melvyn Fairclough for agreeing to set the record straight. His book has my blessing. My sole purpose in cooperating with him here is to vindicate the reputation of my family—not only of my father, but of my mother and grandmother, and of my grandfather, the Duke of Clarence.”

And if you believe all of that, I've got a bridge to sell you.
                I bet I can name someone that believes it Simon.

Fishy, perhaps you might want to illustrate and educate us all and show us how Simon’s research, that completely disproved the Knight story, was wrong.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

What's this bridge like?

Comment

I forgot to add -

Melvyn Fairclough has since disavowed his Royal conspiracy theory.

Comment

I don't mean to be dispectful about Joseph Sickert or Stephen Knight, but it seems to me JS was basically a fantasist and SK didn't really believe
                      in the veracity of JS's story and was happy to write a dishonest book for gain, notoriety or whatever.

However, there is one aspect that I believe could be true, was that Freemasonry was involved somehow, either in execution or at least in covering up the WMs.

Martyn

Comment

Hi Martyn,

Which members of the Freemasons were involved in the execution or cover-up of the WM?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

I cannot answer that question for very much same the reason I cannot answer Abby Normal's question "Who is your suspect"...

I'm not sure if my suspect was a freemason or not and I'm not so naive as to expect to find that information readily on Ancestry or whereever. But he did have quite a few freemasonry connections.

So just for jolly, let me not answer your question by relating my visit to 60 Great Queen Street on 24 June 2017, which was the Grand Lodge's 300 anniversay open day. I chatted to one freemason, telling him of my interest in the Jack the Ripper, and he mentioned that his Lodge was about to have a talk on JTR. I wandered around the building, entering another room where three more freemasons acting as guides were discussing JTR.

Next day, I spoke to someone of my acquaintance about my visit and unknown to me, it turned out he was a freemason and he told me "I heard the freemasons had covered it up".

That's the best I can answer right here and now.

Care to share your thoughts on whether or not freemasonary had any connection with the WMs?

Martyn

Comment

Hi Martyn,

The best information I can offer is that Warren was a Freemason, as was Donald Swanson. Abberline and Littlechild came post-WM to the brotherhood. I don't know about Monro, but Anderson never rolled up his trouser leg.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Thanks Simon.

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                                sir Winston Churchill who was 8 years older than gull had a major stroke in 1949 and was elected prime minster in 1951 suffered two more strokes in 52 and 53 and went on to run the country and the foreign office .
                                I don't think it entirely fair to judge a mortal man against the standard of Winston Churchill.
                                - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                                X