No announcement yet.

Denial, Desperation and Dishonesty - Defending Stephen Knight’s Nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason I ask is that whoever wrote those diaries , and we know Fred would be a little unlikely to switch his initials around.. lol ,
    certainly had a copy of Fred's handwriting before him as there's a concerted effort to copy it
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi Packers,

Fishy's got nothing.

He's a Ripper troll.

Regards,

Simon
      Hi Simon.

My thoughts exactly.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I got the book on the subject Abby. A father and son team I seem to remember. I only bought it because I collect Holmes/Doyle stuff. Absolutely baseless waffle. There aren’t many authors that we know more or even as much about than Doyle. A travesty of a book. And this is the kind of thing that I mean. I can cope with a conspiracy. I can cope with someone saying that the ripper might have had an accomplice or that the police covered things up but plucking Doyles name out of thin air is a bridge way too far.
        If I recall correctly the two men who wrote the book are both doctors and when I first heard about their book I thought to myself that if one of those two were my doctor then I'd be changing doctor asap.
        These are not clues, Fred.
        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
        We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

If I recall correctly the two men who wrote the book are both doctors and when I first heard about their book I thought to myself that if one of those two were my doctor then I'd be changing doctor asap.
          Too right Ozzy.

Id rather go to Hannibal Lector for a consultation!
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post

My take on the celebrity/witness suspects is that some are desperate to put a “Name” to the killer, so latch onto any known person, connected to the case or not, as Dale showed us, and some of the conspiracy stuff follows along, even the fact they weren’t in the country, or where severely handicapped doesn’t stop them.

it seems many just can’t accept the most likely answer “MR U.N. KNOWN”
            I have to agree with the first part Gut. And add that some who have developed there own theories are delusional.

Comment

Keep looking Simon im sure you'll put a name to that mysterious Gladstone bag, top hat, dark long coat figure someday ., Oh wait thats right you cant , just another jtr book. as for your troll comment, ive just as much right to post here as anyone else does .
              'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Sherlock you just keeping working on you t.o d theories, you need the practice in that area. get back to me when you have something... guesswork ,wildly inaccurate? i dont think so.
                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Hi Fishy,

Yes, you do have just as much right to post here as anyone else.

But don't get back to me until you've written your own Ripper book.

Until that day, you're just another Ripper troll with a big mouth, lots to say and not a thing to back it up.

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

I believe Bruce Robertson also made that suggestion in his book.

Martyn
                    If, as all available evidence shows, the Royal conspiracy is easily disprovable nonsense, it begs the question why did a respected surgeon, CBE, and author of "The Centenary History of Cornubian Lodge 450 of Free and Accepted Masons" spend his last years carefully inserting this fantasy into the public consciousness?

Comment

So you wrote a ripper book big deal, means jack sh.., just like all the rest IT STILL DOESN'T GIVE UP THE KILLER. . remember buddy you made it personnel dont forget that that . i came here to give my thoughts on jack the ripper now whether you agree or not thats up to you, but dont think for one second that your book is the holy bible of jack the ripper books .. trust me it isnt.

Comment

Hi Fishy,

You "came here to give [your] thoughts on jack the ripper"?

Wow! My nipples are aflame in anticipation of your learned tome.

Regards,

Simon
                        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

There is cream for that condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Purkis View Post

Hi Purkis

If, as all available evidence shows, the Royal conspiracy is easily disprovable nonsense, it begs the question why did a respected surgeon, CBE, and author of "The Centenary History of Cornubian Lodge 450 of Free and Accepted Masons" spend his last years carefully inserting this fantasy into the public consciousness?
                            I borrowed Robinson's book from the library and don't have it to hand anymore. So working from memory only, I believe he suggested that someone from SY fed info to Stephen Knight to support the bogus story of a Royal conspiracy and freemasonry, so as to taint ALL theories of masonic involvement. I'm not sure if this idea really holds water or not.

Maybe Stowell was playing the same game?

Do you have an answer to your own question quoted above?

Personally, I don't reject the idea of FM connections to the WMs.

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                              Keep looking Simon im sure you'll put a name to that mysterious Gladstone bag, top hat, dark long coat figure someday ., Oh wait thats right you cant , just another jtr book. as for your troll comment, ive just as much right to post here as anyone else does .
                              The only suspect that would have carried a Gladstone bag is Gull. So it’s you that are chasing ghosts. Not that I think you actually believe Gull to have been the ripper though. It’s impossible to discover the rebuttals and press on as you have. You simply can’t admit you’ve been duped.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
                                So you wrote a ripper book big deal, means jack sh.., just like all the rest IT STILL DOESN'T GIVE UP THE KILLER. . remember buddy you made it personnel dont forget that that . i came here to give my thoughts on jack the ripper now whether you agree or not thats up to you, but dont think for one second that your book is the holy bible of jack the ripper books .. trust me it isnt.
                                Firstly, you cannot criticise a book that you haven’t read. That’s dishonest.

Secondly, the Knight nonsense is only one chapter of Simon’s book.

and thirdly, Simon didn’t just read books. He researched, he went to the real sources of information. Even the ones that Knight used. And there in black and white. Incontrovertible. Provable. Without a single shadow of a doubt he discovered that Knight’s story was a fantasy and indeed that Knight had deliberately and dishonestly withheld information that went against his theory.

Simon and I disagree on quite a few things but when he took the time and effort to debunk this nonsense he did a better days work for ripperology than I’ve ever done.

No serious person can now give this theory a minutes credence. No one on here does except for you. Therefore you cannot be taken seriously.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X