Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Of course, Police should have reasons to suspect him, investigating someone and verifying his statements all are normal police procedure and that doesn't mean one is a suspect.

Lechmerians have failed to bring any single evidence or shred of a clue to justify their claims, they even went to the extreme phantasy and presented Lechmere as the solo ripper-torso murderer of his time, aka Lechmerianismus!

The Baron
    its torso ripper.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I was visualizing something more akin to the "Irish Vampire" from Punch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hovering.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.6 KB ID:	764661
      siding with a brickhead (my new light hearted nickname for maybrickiams)is not very becoming rj. ; )
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

no he would be a suspect until cleared. especially because he was seen alone with the victim and clearly could have been her killer.
        How do we know he wasn't cleared by Police at the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post
          Did Lechmere like wearing multiple headwear whilst at work? Did he smoke a clay pipe or drink on duty? Did sometimes like to look like a sailor when working? Did he have a carrot moustache with a blotchy face? Did he like walking around looking like a Jewish spiv?

He matches no witness descriptions at all.
          Hi erobitha,

Do we have a description of Lechmere at the time to compare with witness descriptions? Couldn't the same thing be said about Kosminski? I would think that an overcoat would disguise his carman's outfit?

Cheers, George
          They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
          Out of a misty dream
          Our path emerges for a while, then closes
          Within a dream.
          Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Hi erobitha,

Do we have a description of Lechmere at the time to compare with witness descriptions? Couldn't the same thing be said about Kosminski? I would think that an overcoat would disguise his carman's outfit?

Cheers, George
            …as would a collection of interchangeable hats and fake moustaches. Anyone could be the killer with that level of shape-shifting abilities.
            Last edited by erobitha; 08-06-2021, 06:19 AM.
            Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
            JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Embarrassing indeed

The Baron
              From the man with an obscure cartoon character as an avatar?
              Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
              JayHartley.com

Comment

standing in the middle of the road. lol sounds so mundane.paul didnt need to since someone else was already there and of course diemshitz did.
                Abby, firstly hi, hope you are ok.
                why do people keep saying he didn't raise the alarm?

Within seconds of seeing the body(according to him, anything else is speculation and should not be used to say he didn't raise the alarm) , he calls Paul walking some 40 yards behind him to the body. Is that not raising the alarm?

Or would you suggest, he should have knocked on doors of people who could be asleep, and in doing so allow Paul to walk past?

Do we really think he should have stood in the road, shouting " look at this woman, she may need help" ?
                Or should he have raised the incident with the only person he saw, and headed off to find a policeman?

Seriously, what do people think in the scenero where he is walking 40 yards ahead of Paul and sees the body he SHOULD have done?
                Specifics?

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Abby, firstly hi, hope you are ok.

Within seconds of seeing the body(according to him, anything else is speculation and should not be used to say he didn't raise the alarm) , he calls Paul walking some 40 yards behind him to the body. Is that not raising the alarm?

Or would you suggest, he should have knocked on doors of people who could be asleep, and in doing so allow Paul to walk past?

Do we really think he should have stood in the road, shouting " look at this woman, she may need help" ?
                  Or should he have raised the incident with the only person he saw, and headed off to find a policeman?

Seriously, what do people think in the scenero where he is walking 40 yards ahead of Paul and sees the body he SHOULD have done?
                  Specifics?

Steve

And one important thing that Lechmerians always don't consider:

Rising the alarm for what exactly?!

If a man hardly recognised in the dark there is a woman laying on the ground, should he immediately and before even looking closely or examining her go mad shouting and knocking on the doors and screaming and pulling his hair: hey people come here all of you to me hey hey come here , there seems to be a woman laying here, come everyone all of you to me damn it...

The Baron

Comment

• If a lechmerian told me: look at Lechmere, all of his actions whithout any single exception were very normal, doesn't that seem suspicious to you? Then I would say he has a better argument than anything was ever produced by Fisherman and his company.

The Baron

Comment

• Of course, Lechmere ‘raised the alarm’ - twice, once to Paul and once to Mizen. But his hand may have been forced into doing so by the arrival of Paul. That’s the point isn’t it, that if Paul had not found him ‘where the woman was’ he may not have mentioned it to anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                        Of course, Lechmere ‘raised the alarm’ - twice, once to Paul and once to Mizen. But his hand may have been forced into doing so by the arrival of Paul. That’s the point isn’t it, that if Paul had not found him ‘where the woman was’ he may not have mentioned it to anyone?

Gary, such what ifs are unanswerable, and in reality take us nowhere except up blind alleys.

We have to work with the evidence we have surely. Otherwise literally any suggest taken as equally valid to any other.

Hope you are well

Steve

Comment

• The idea he does not raise the alarm, seems to have simply been accepted as fact by many, when a close examination shows such is not true.

Above I asked what people think he should have done?
                          I suspect that the truth is some have accepted the idea that he was there sooner than he said as fact, when it's speculation based on manipulation of times given, acceptance of times given , even when there is contradictory evidence.
                          However, I contend we must use the evidence we have, which says there is no gap between Lechmere and Paul other than 40 or so yards .

So we must I submit, look.at his actions from there and how there compare to other witnesses.

Let's start will Paul, he does not wake people up, he does not knock on doors, he goes with Lechmere to find a policeman.
                          And of course it's not clear on31st that a Sk is at large. And as The Baron asks, what alarm should be raised?

Davies, in Hanbury Street, sees the body, we have no idea if he looks at it for 5 seconds, 10 or even 30 seconds.
                          He heads back into the house, sees no one.
                          Does he knock on room doors to raise the alarm?
                          No he goes into the street.

Does he knock up those next door?
                          No he tells the first people he sees and goes to find the police.
                          I see little , if any difference between him and Lechmere. And by the 8th that a killer is around is well known.

Diemschutz, looks at body, ( By now they know they have a SK in the area, so maybe different response)

He knows people are still in the club, so he goes in there.

Watkins in Mitre Square, he goes to the open door of the warehouse, where he knows Morris is working. He does knock in doors, including that of a fellow police officer.

Bowyer, sees the body, goes back down Miller's Court, apparently tells no one he sees, goes into the shop, tells McCarthy, they then both go the the police .

Again I really don't understand what people mean when they say he didn't raise the alarm, because he clearly did.
                          That's why I asked, what do people think he should have done?

Steve
                          Last edited by Elamarna; 08-06-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
                            Try this: put an object 210 feet from you (70 yards) and see how fast it takes you to walk to it at a normal fashion. 15 seconds? 20 seconds? 25 seconds?
                            If he walked at a quick pace of 3.7 mph (6 km/h), it would have taken him some 38 seconds to cover those 70 yards/64 meters; at a normal pace of 3.1 mph (5 km/h) it would have taken him around 46 seconds (which would mean more time to get away).

that's how long Cross had to do all the post actions he's accused of. Hiding a knife, covering the wounds, wiping his hands and getting to the middle of the street in time for Paul NOT to see him walk away from the body. Not to mention the fact that Cross needed to know when and where Paul was in order to pull this off.
                            Quite right, Columbo, he had to do all these things (including perhaps move the legs and cut the throat not once but twice, depending on one's view) without Paul seeing or hearing a thing. Lechmere had to be quite sure Paul wouldn't hear or see him, or otherwise it would have been rather senseless. The alternative would, of course, be to use those 30-40 seconds to get around the corner of the board school and disappear before Paul could arrive, examine the body and raise an alarm.
                            "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                            Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

Specifics?
                              Good point, Steve. Also, from an innocent Lechmere's point of view, it does make more sense to want to wait for Paul before going over to the woman, as I can imagine he would have felt safer to approach the woman with someone else and not alone. If only because two heads are better than one.

And, as you wrote above, what Lechmere did is quite similar to what Davies did.
                              Last edited by FrankO; 08-06-2021, 11:02 AM.
                              "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                              Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

siding with a brickhead (my new light hearted nickname for maybrickiams)is not very becoming rj. ; )
                                I'm not 'siding' with anyone, Abby, but I do like the brickhead moniker. It's a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                                X