Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    In the above, doesn't the last line paying attention to Asylums also add weight more in favor of Druitt than Kozminski?
    I’d say so Wick. Mention of ‘private’ lunatic asylums doesn’t say Kosminski to me.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• . Incidentally, thankyou for the recent small accolade, took me a little by surprise
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Your nonsense isn’t worthy of comment. Same old fingers-in-your-ears parroting of the same old stuff. I keep telling you that I’m relying on NOTHING but ignore it and keep on with the same old stuff. It’s impossible to discuss anything sensibly with you because all that you do is make pronouncements and expect everyone else to doff their caps and agree. Other posters might occasionally agree with you if you tried saying something sensible.

Druitt is and will remain a suspect. Feigenbaum was in another country and so can be dismissed as a suspect or even a person of interest. He should be completely ignored. And you favour the man in another country.

Enough said.

Oh, and this ‘person of interest’ ‘suspect’ crap is a joke created by you to dismiss suspects that aren’t called Feigenbaum.

Druitt is a suspect. Feigenbaum is not.
        Get a life, and stop posting posts that deflect away from the orginal post a favourie trait of yours

Comment

I’d say so Wick. Mention of ‘private’ lunatic asylums doesn’t say Kosminski to me.
          Why would Rob House leave that last sentence off, in his book?
          Did he think the same, - that it doesn't really align with his Kozminski suspect?
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Get a life, and stop posting posts that deflect away from the orginal post a favourie trait of yours

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            You mean stop pointing out the double standards that you use in your arguments.

You make a point about no one being able to confirm that MacNaghten actually received information and yet you ignore the fact that no one else heard Feigenbaum make his alleged confession to Lawton.

You make a point that we’ve no concrete evidence that proves that Druitt was ever in the East End whilst proposing a suspect that you can’t prove was even in England at the time of the murders.

Those moving goalposts are certainly well used.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Why would Rob House leave that last sentence off, in his book?
              Did he think the same, - that it doesn't really align with his Kozminski suspect?
              Yes it’s a bit strange Wick. Can anybody really think that Kozminski’s family would have paid for him to be confined in a private asylum? It certainly points to a suspect coming from at least a fairly well off family.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Yes it’s a bit strange Wick. Can anybody really think that Kozminski’s family would have paid for him to be confined in a private asylum? It certainly points to a suspect coming from at least a fairly well off family.

Missed the point completely!

Before you say Yes automatically to anything a fellow Druittis says, try to read and understand what he is saying.

The Baron

Comment

Incidentally, thankyou for the recent small accolade, took me a little by surprise.

Yes, I thought I should look up the original press article, just to avoid the odd potential typo. So here it is from 27 Dec. 1888.

Why don't you say it Wickermann, let us hear it from you, tell us that you suspect his Brother of killing him, and tell us why...

Because that doesn't set well with the suicide note:

"Since Friday I felt I was going to be like mother, and the best thing for me was to die."

And the best thing for you is to consider this suicide note a hoax, created by his brother after killing him.

Because you see, it cannot be Druitt writing this if he was forced by his family to stay in an asylum.

Rob House is right of course, that press article speaks about Kosminski.

The Baron

Comment

• City Detective Inspector Robert Sagar, a Sergeant in 1888, "We had good reason to suspect a man who worked in Butchers’ Row, Aldgate. We watched him carefully. There was no doubt that this man was insane, and after a time his friends thought it advisable to have him removed to a private asylum. After he was removed, there were no more Ripper atrocities"

- Swanson: Kosminski was the suspect.

The Baron
                    Last edited by The Baron; 07-22-2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Missed the point completely!

Before you say Yes automatically to anything a fellow Druittis says, try to read and understand what he is saying.

The Baron
                      Firstly, please try and learn to read English. It would help. Wickerman has already said in plain English that he’s not a Druittis as you illiterately put it.

I’ve missed nothing but I wish I could miss seeing your rubbish posts.
                      Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 07-22-2021, 11:10 PM.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

City Detective Inspector Robert Sagar, a Sergeant in 1888, "We had good reason to suspect a man who worked in Butchers’ Row, Aldgate. We watched him carefully. There was no doubt that this man was insane, and after a time his friends thought it advisable to have him removed to a private asylum. After he was removed, there were no more Ripper atrocities"

The Baron
                        Is that the same Kosminski who you said wasn’t as good a suspect as Cutbush.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Why don't you say it Wickermann, let us hear it from you, tell us that you suspect his Brother of killing him, and tell us why...
                          Yes, I've suggested William was in a good position to control the 'suicide' story, and knew more about what happened than we are led to believe.

Because that doesn't set well with the suicide note:

"Since Friday I felt I was going to be like mother, and the best thing for me was to die."

And the best thing for you is to consider this suicide note a hoax, created by his brother after killing him.

Because you see, it cannot be Druitt writing this if he was forced by his family to stay in an asylum.
                          Exactly.

Rob House is right of course, that press article speaks about Kosminski.
                          Kozminski was brought to a workhouse asylum by his brother in July 1890, because the family couldn't afford a private asylum of course.
                          Which as Herlock pointed out suggest the press article is not about Kozminski, and it's possible Rob H. realized this.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

City Detective Inspector Robert Sagar, a Sergeant in 1888, "We had good reason to suspect a man who worked in Butchers’ Row, Aldgate. We watched him carefully. There was no doubt that this man was insane, and after a time his friends thought it advisable to have him removed to a private asylum. After he was removed, there were no more Ripper atrocities"

The Baron
                            Where did Sagar name his suspect Kozminski?
                            You can show us, we won't tell anyone, promise.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Kozminski was brought to a workhouse asylum by his brother in July 1890, because the family couldn't afford a private asylum of course.
                              Which as Herlock pointed out suggest the press article is not about Kozminski, and it's possible Rob H. realized this.
                              Doesn't the article mention that county asylums near London were checked, as well as private ones?
                              It also says that the asylum theory is just one of many that the police were working on, so seems to me that it isn't anything (or anyone) specific that prompted their inquiries. Just thorough legwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Doesn't the article mention that county asylums near London were checked, as well as private ones?
                                It also says that the asylum theory is just one of many that the police were working on, so seems to me that it isn't anything (or anyone) specific that prompted their inquiries. Just thorough legwork.
                                It does read to me like rumors the press pick up on, as the article admits, of which there were many.
                                We know ourselves the police were dealing with various rumors, it's just this article states one rumor that appears more specific than general.
                                Not every suspect was believed to be a lunatic, not every lunatic was believed to have been harbored away in some private facility by relatives.
                                Anderson did suggest the killer was being protected by his own kind, but this is going a step further, the police are not only checking private facilities, but public facilities as well just to be thorough.

However, the 'lunatic' murderer was not a new theory. It was written about in September. The police were still looking for the insane medical student associated with the Chapman case. So why is this particular theory worthy of press coverage three months later?, unless there was an air of determination about it that was not apparent in previous months.
                                Earlier, the authorities had no idea who their lunatic killer was, perhaps they now had a better idea via some specific circumstances, though still lacking a name.
                                The police were always looking for a suspect, we read in the press how they checked all lodging-houses, we know the insane suspect was high on their list, so why has this particular story appeared in late December, and just four days before Druitt's body was found in the Thames?
                                I just wonder if the reason is the police are responding to some recently received news.

I know we don't have much by way of information on Kozminski's time in asylums, but what we have makes no mention of an earlier incarceration prior to 1890.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X