Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman
    replied
    Fish and potatoes in Kelly's stomach.

Explain.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Hi John. Where can I purchase one of those chip straps?

I had the devil of a job the other night. Returning home from my local Chippy I found that my fish and chip bundle of deliciousness was becoming very oily, and was actually burning my hands. I have read over on another thread the merits of the wondrous "chip strap". Hope you can help me locate one. I suppose I could fashion one, but would much rather have a perpose built one for piece of mind, which would undoubtedly save me a lot of hassle transporting my fish and chips
    I feel your pain, brother.
    I bought mine from my local oil cloth shop.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    My apologies, the "chip strap" in question is actually discussed in this thread, not over on another thread as reported above.

Leave a comment:

• Observer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    No, but you could use a chip strap
    Hi John. Where can I purchase one of those chip straps?

I had the devil of a job the other night. Returning home from my local Chippy I found that my fish and chip bundle of deliciousness was becoming very oily, and was actually burning my hands. I have read over on another thread the merits of the wondrous "chip strap". Hope you can help me locate one. I suppose I could fashion one, but would much rather have a perpose built one for piece of mind, which would undoubtedly save me a lot of hassle transporting my fish and chips

Thanks in advance

Observer

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Batman View Post

Notice that in Hutchinson's story, JtR spends some time chatting with MJK at the entrance to Miller's court after he has seen him. It may be during this time that he is judging the situation, possibly asking MJK about the man he has just seen. Either way, we know how it ended if this is what was happening.
    Judging by what was overheard she seems to have been convincing him he would get value for money c/w a little small talk.
    I do agree though as Dorset St. was a mere 25ft wide, he couldn't help but notice a man following them and stopping on the opposite side of the street. Which Hutchinson must have done to over hear their conversation. Astrachan might have wondered if the loiterer was her pimp.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post

I believe Nichols and Chapman were murdered by a pathologist on his way home from London Hospital.
    I guess surgeons can have a bad day like anyone else, but really......

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    You wouldn't attempt it then if you knew you can't take it away. You don't stop and go... oh I forgot. It's too big... and then do it again and again and again...

Anyway,

thread here -> https://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=11030
    ok. joined over there. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    You wouldn't attempt it then if you knew you can't take it away. You don't stop and go... oh I forgot. It's too big... and then do it again and again and again...

Anyway,

thread here -> https://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=11030

Leave a comment:

• Jon Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Because you cant easily stuff a head or a leg in your pocket
    No, but you could use a chip strap

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    You know I remember reading years ago a very good argument why JtR wasn't medically aware and only remembered it recently.

He failed amputation attempts.

One could say this was due to lack of time.

Yet with MJK the same failures are present, as well as successes.

It also puts JtR at odds with the torsos. If he was so proficient at amputations there then why not with the C5?

Also, we can't really call the amputations, amputations in the medical sense, because... well... it's not how amputations were done and by 1888 amputation surgery was well understood. Yet the signs of the attempts are there, especially with MJK.
    Because you cant easily stuff a head or a leg in your pocket

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    I meant to, Fish. Its only just now I realised that I'd quoted one of your posts by mistake. Oops!

Batman - if you want to discuss Sutton, please feel free to start another thread.
    I think you should ask that of the person who brought up Sutton indirectly and I don't think they want a full discussion of Sutton here.

I am sure it shall be taken up elsewhere if it goes that way.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Just need Shemp to complete the trio

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Maybe - just maybe - you should ask the person who introduced Sutton instead of asking me. He may have a reason. I donīt. I merely commented on his input.
    I meant to, Fish. Its only just now I realised that I'd quoted one of your posts by mistake. Oops!

Batman - if you want to discuss Sutton, please feel free to start another thread.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Assuming for the sake of argument that the police were not completely inept, and if virtually everybody on these boards thinks that Hutchinson's behavior that night was suspicious, why would the police not have had Schwartz and/or Lawende take a look at him to see if he was the man they saw.

c.d.
    Might be worthwhile uncovering who Hutchinson really was and his link to Jack the Ripper.

I believe he once had a child living with him,whose parents resided in Primrose Street.

Not on my usual PC tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    What has any of this to do with the subject of this thread?
    Maybe - just maybe - you should ask the person who introduced Sutton instead of asking me. He may have a reason. I donīt. I merely commented on his input.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X